Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I'd love to be able to go to meetings, It sucks they don't have a slimming world in Cork, have no idea why its clearly very popular.

Why don't you do it online and we can be your class support?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

To Pretty in Pink,
    I would join online and if you have any questions you can post them here for us.
    I know that Slimming World are working on opening more classes and they always take consultants from people who have lost weight with slimming world.
    I would look up the slimming world.ie to get more information on joining online.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Why don't you do it online and we can be your class support?!!

I did join on line a few months back before my wedding it was great i lost 10lbs in my first wk but without the support I just stopped the diet after my wedding, I think I will join online and come on here for tips and recipes thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

I did join on line a few months back before my wedding it was great i lost 10lbs in my first wk but without the support I just stopped the diet after my wedding, I think I will join online and come on here for tips and recipes thanks x
    I do mine online as I can't drag the kids along in the evening & to stay for class runs to over 2 hours. Forget what I paid for the first 3 months but it's only €55 for my next 3 months and cheaper if you sign up for longer. I've been all over the place recently & determined to get back on track and drop a stone by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mammamia25

Hi ladies, I'm joining Slimming World tomorrow night iv been at WW on & off for few years and iv done well but I give up I'm hoping this new plan will spur me on I'm just sick of myself being fat iv at least 3 & half stone to lose 😔
    I'm sick of not being able to do the things I want to with my children and putting off going back to college as I'm so sell conscience!!!
    So enough of the pity me party and onwards & upwards.

• Advertisement

mammamia25 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I'm joining Slimming World tomorrow night iv been at WW on & off for few years and iv done well but I give up I'm hoping this new plan will spur me on I'm just sick of myself being fat iv at least 3 & half stone to lose 😔
    I'm sick of not being able to do the things I want to with my children and putting off going back to college as I'm so sell conscience!!!
    Good Luck with it - once you've the right frame of mind that's half the battle. I've lost nearly 3 stone since end of May with SW - another 2 to go. Struggling recently but that's my own fault not the plan.

Hi hun I know plenty of friends around the country that have done amazing with Slimming world, I hope it gives you the confidence to do what you want to do xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mammamia25

Good Luck with it - once you've the right frame of mind that's half the battle. I've lost nearly 3 stone since end of May with SW - another 2 to go. Struggling recently but that's my own fault not the plan.

Wow well done your doing great I'm really looking forward to starting and hopefully buying a new dress for my family Christmas party :))

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dancingshoes

Hi all hope everyone is doing alright, I haven't been posting for a few weeks, but I'm still very much in the programme.

how is the weight loss going, I tried to catch up on the posts and it looks positive.

I've lost 6lb in five weeks, not amazing but constant and going in the right direction. and I am still doing the running programme and to be honest I feel it much more in my clothes than on the scales, this is why I'm happy with weight loss. I am now running (Jogging) for 25 mins 4 times a week and actually liking it, should be getting my silver fit award soon :) and hopefully this week my half stone

SW: 14 3.5
    Wk 1 14 2
    Wk 2 14 0
    Wk 3 14 1
    wk 4 14 0
    wk 5 13 11.5 (yey under the 14 stone)
    (total loss 6)

Hi all hope everyone is doing alright, I haven't been posting for a few weeks, but I'm still very much in the programme.

how is the weight loss going, I tried to catch up on the posts and it looks positive.

I've lost 6lb in five weeks, not amazing but constant and going in the right direction. and I am still doing the running programme and to be honest I feel it much more in my clothes than on the scales, this is why I'm happy with weight loss. I am now running (Jogging) for 25 mins 4 times a week and actually liking it, should be getting my silver fit award soon :) and hopefully this week my half stone

SW: 14 3.5
    Wk 1 14 2
    Wk 2 14 0
    Wk 3 14 1
    wk 4 14 0
    wk 5 13 11.5 (yey under the 14 stone)
    (total loss 6)
    Great stuff - have to say it's great when you can see clothes getting looser but I do get fed up when the scales don't show losses quick enough. lol. I seem to only get a loss every 2 weeks as well. But it's all in the right direction.
    Got my gold fit award & aiming for the platinum.

• Advertisement

Got my gold fit award & aiming for the platinum.

I thought I would get it sooner didn't realise how long it took, I look forward to getting my platinum and bring down at least one dress size. I'm not gonna worry too much about the scales but watch my dress size. I have a rack of lovely size 14 dresses that I haven't worn in years (and i bought them when I had more money, so I what to get back into them) and I am getting most of them on now and zipped up but they are still too tight. by halloween I am hoping a couple of them are wearable.

when I have done slimming clubs before I never exercised so any weight i lost would always go back on if I ever stopped and losing six lbs never showed in my jeans and dresses so I am definitely keeping up the exercise.:)

how often do you exercise boxer?

Good luck Mammamia. I hope you enjoy your first class in SW

• Registered Users Posts: 12 S hall

As people have started changing their habits for gaining healthier lifestyles, the trend for slimmer bodies is gaining. Healthy weight loss can be achieved through proper diet and exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey all, how much are the classes and is there a joining fee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

went up 1.5lbs on Monday :( but in fairness I was in Italy on hols for 5 days I did try and be good lots of walking around sightseeing, putting sweetner in coffee and trying to eat lots of salads, fruit but some of the food was just too tempting Italian pizzas, croissants, fries and the Italian ice cream is to die for :) Hopefully I am back on track now no holiday food temptation and back to a routine. Until I go on hols again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

i was up 0.5lb tonight but just glad it wasn't the 5lbs I was expecting oh well, onwards and upwards fresh start this week

:)

how often do you exercise boxer?

Not as much as I should ! Since my youngest started montessori I've been doing 3/4 mornings - combo of walking and jogging for an hour - cover about 6k and then take dog on a 10k walk most Sundays. Friday morn I do aqua aerobics, Wed swim with kids (so not v intense) and swim an hour in the week if get chance.
    I just bought a kettlebell and have the dvd - but by the time I get the kids to bed I just can't be bothered but must commit to doing it - heard it literally melts the fat off - and my jelly belly is getting out of proportion to rest of me.
    I'd like to start a team sport maybe in the New Year - no idea what though. Rubbish at football and know nothing about camogie.
    Best of Luck with it - you've had some good losses.
    Got 4lb off last week - so 10lb left to my stone for Xmas goal.

Baby75 wrote: »
    Hey all, how much are the classes and is there a joining fee!!!
    Sign up is €18 but if there's a new class coming to your area there is often a €9 discount voucher given out locally. Then it's €9 a week - also you have to pay if you miss a week, unless it has been notified and approved by your consultant before (and you can't get to another class to Weigh in).
    I do mine online - it costs less but you don't have a consultant to ring or text, although I guess I could e-mail them if was having problems.

Thats tons of exercise boxer I only do Zumba twice a week going to try and incorporate my hr's walking with that during the week. Hard to get motivated with the crappy weather and dark nights. On hols I was walking everywhere the bit of sun really helps :)

Took the plunge weighted myself tonight and joined online. I've gained 2 st 7 lbs since my wedding in march I'm gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Took the plunge weighted myself tonight and joined online. I've gained 2 st 7 lbs since my wedding in march I'm gutted!

Congrats on joining, first step over!! Chin up, you'll probably have half of that gone by Christmas if you stick to the plan. You're bound to put up weight after just getting married, the stress is gone and you're settling into married life, I put up around the same after I got married (long time ago now!!).

Good luck x

Thanks I just took a before pic of myself on my phone so If I am ever tempted to stray I can have a look at it! I am going to start with the extra easy option? Has anyone done this one? ANy advice on it?

I was a lovely weight 3 yrs ago when I got married and it slowly crept up went mad eating on the honeymoon and relaxing into married life with eating out and takeaways :D have to get back on track too

miss choc wrote: »
    I was a lovely weight 3 yrs ago when I got married and it slowly crept up went mad eating on the honeymoon and relaxing into married life with eating out and takeaways :D have to get back on track too

I gave up take aways before i got married for about six months went mad on them after though. I'm more disgusted though that I now weigh the exact same as I did when I was 9 months pregnant on my youngest :mad:

I'm on the Extra Easy as the mo I only started it 3 wks ago in fairness I'm trying to figure it out a bit cos I did weightwatchers before my wedding, it's hard to get the points system out of your head.
    The first wk on SW I was eating tons of fruit my body wasnt used to all the good food the fruit did make me a bit bloated but was fine after 2 days. The next week I went to Italy so naturally went up only 1.5lbs so wasn't too bad. I hope to get back on track this week as there is no Italian ice cream and cappucinos to tempt me

I gave up take aways before i got married for about six months went mad on them after though. I'm more disgusted though that I now weigh the exact same as I did when I was 9 months pregnant on my youngest :mad:
    Sure, taking the first step and deciding to change is the hardest bit - so you're halfway there.

Thanks I just took a before pic of myself on my phone so If I am ever tempted to stray I can have a look at it! I am going to start with the extra easy option? Has anyone done this one? ANy advice on it?
    Key is not believe you can eat as much as you like of free foods. You can only eat as much as you need to feel full & if you've overeaten before it can be hard to change your habits & listen to your body's "full" signals. Took me a while to get this.
    Ditch diet drinks - I found they bloated me, gave me sugar crashes & made me eat more. My main drinks are water, tea and pink grapefruit squash.
    Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

boxer I love the tea as well dont drink lots of diet drinks either I love my coffee in the morning I have a little low fat milk and sweetener in it and thats my coffee fix for the day. I am not a great fan of water I find it boring and dont like it in the cold weather I mix a bit of the miwadi no sugar lime or orange cordial in with it to give the water a bit of a kick.

miss choc wrote: »
    Thats tons of exercise boxer I only do Zumba twice a week going to try and incorporate my hr's walking with that during the week. Hard to get motivated with the crappy weather and dark nights. On hols I was walking everywhere the bit of sun really helps :)

I know the weather really takes it toll - I skipped one day last week, the rain was just too - wet?!? I tried Zumba last year but my co-ordination is appalling & had the grace of an elephant ballet dancing - must dig out the wii fit and try the zumba on that, least I'll have no excuses when it's raining...
    I used to see exercise as pain - now it's part of my pleasures & I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff next year. I fancy boxing or boxercise, maybe rugby - I'll probably be moving next year and will need to get out and meet new people, seems like a good idea rather than walking on my own. (Although I love some time on my own with the dog or at the pool)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

After my big lost of 7.5lb 2 weeks ago, I was up 2lb the following week and stayed the same this week. I didn't have a great week so it was ag good as I could have expected.

I am now 3lb away fro the 4 stone mark and feel like I just have no motivation at the moment. Really need to get the focus back. I could happily eat all around me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement