Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Don't worry Dodge, trust the plan and you'll see the losses! If you don't, do a food diary for your consultant; they might notice something. But I bet if you stick with it, you'll see the loss next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down 2lbs this week. Delighted. 1 and a half lbs away from my 2 stone award. Crossing fingers that I'll get it next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weigh in tonight, I have completed 2 out of my 3 sessions in the c25k, will finish week 1 tomorrow morning and start week 2 on Sunday.

Really hoping the scales are good to me, if not, I think I have lost weight in my thighs which makes me really happy. Still got a good bit to go, A lot of my weight went to my thighs :(:(

1.5 lbs away from having lost 6 stone, love to get to that milestone tonight. lost over 4 stone with SW so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm going to be starting slimming world online on Monday. My baby will be 8 weeks old on Monday so feel it's a good time to start.

Has anyone on boards done slimming world whilst breastfeeding? How did you find it?

Any helpful tips in general before I get started?

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

have my 2nd weight in tonight, was down 3 lbs last week and it looks like i have about the same this week, fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm going to be starting slimming world online on Monday. My baby will be 8 weeks old on Monday so feel it's a good time to start.

Has anyone on boards done slimming world whilst breastfeeding? How did you find it?

Any helpful tips in general before I get started?

Thank you in advance!

Here you go

14uwbxf.jpg

Best of luck! I'm still breastfeeding my 5 month old and I've tried to lose weight a few times since he was born. This is the only plan that hasn't affected my milk supply, which says a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Up a pound, totally deserved (probably deserved more actually!) as I only had one day 100% on plan this week. Bought some lovely clothes though, styles I wouldn't have even tried on before, and I've gone from not quite being able to fit in an Oasis XL to fitting comfortably in a size S which is rather lovely... So hopefully back on track now for the week ahead :)

lost 2 & 1/2 lbs this week & that means I have lost 4 st 3 ½ lbs with SW and 6 stone 1 lb in total.. I really feel like target is getting closer for me, it is 1 stone 9lbs away. :)

This morning, I finished week 1 of the C25K. I will start week 2 :eek: on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Same story here, up 1.5lb. Would have been accepting of 1, but the scales were pretty confident! Out tomorrow night but going to absolutely smash it for all other days, and get this off + more next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well done Vahelvala, that is a great achievement!! You must feel fantastic.

I didn't weigh in this week, very bold, but funds were tight and the weekend wasn't great so said i would give it a miss.

I did however get my measurements done again in the gym last night after kind of following a programme they set for me and i've lost over 2 & half inches off my waist and an inch and half off each thigh which im delighted with as i had my chunky legs lol. Over all my measurements were all down even if some were slightly less. Only a little bit off my arms and hips, but its better than nothing i suppose.

I wasn't down much weight but delighted with the inch loss.

I've my first wedding dress appointment on 6th June so i'm hoping to get a little bit more off by then.

• Advertisement

I can now fit two legs into one leg of the original size jeans I wore when I weighed six stone more! :D

Vahevala wrote: »
    I can now fit two legs into one leg of the original size jeans I wore when I weighed six stone more! :D

Fantastic stuff! Oh I wish I hadn't donated all my old stuff now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Wow fantastic!!
    Back last night after a week away! Breakfast, lunch and most dinners on plan but had loads of treats so hopefully not too much of a gain. Craving all my sweets now having gone months without wanting them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm looking forward to WI on Tuesday although I've had the most all over the place week. My meals have been good and I've mostly snacked on fruit but my job is a bit evil. On the negative side, we went out 3 times for food this week and one has a "Feeders drawer", essentially stuffed full of chocolate for any member of staff but on the positives, it is a 40 minute (hilly) walk each way and I went for a 10 mile walk with a co worker on Saturday. Sure we'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Fully expect to be half a stone up today. Week off work and a few social outings have lead to a lot of bad food being consumed

not a single regret either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Dodge wrote: »
    Fully expect to be half a stone up today. Week off work and a few social outings have lead to a lot of bad food being consumed

not a single regret either. :)

This is me all over today! The best thing is no regrets! I enjoyed every drink and morsel of food I had!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

was down 3 pounds again this week, looking forward now to my next weigh in :)

I'm having a tough week :(
    Time of the month cravings for sugar and chocolate - trying to stay within syns but have gone over by 2 one day and 3 yesterday, coffee is helping a little bit and I've made a massive pot of tomato and herb pasta sauce - 42 portions! - which is quick and filling for dinner, but can't help feeling a bit negative and 'guilty' for having the cravings, being a woman is crap sometimes!!

Oh I'm the same dee! Had a really bad hormone headache/migraine all day yesterday. Ended up having some choc hoping the sugar would help which is kind of did..First weigh-in tonight after my week away. If I've put on fine - I was on holidays, life happens, line has been drawn and I'm back on track!!

tk123 wrote: »
    Oh I'm the same dee! Had a really bad hormone headache/migraine all day yesterday. Ended up having some choc hoping the sugar would help which is kind of did..First weigh-in tonight after my week away. If I've put on fine - I was on holidays, life happens, line has been drawn and I'm back on track!!
    That's how I felt last week, happy enough to have gained a pound, but now I feel like if I don't have a loss on Wednesday I might cry or have a tantrum or something! It's so stupid but it's a funk I can't seem to pull myself out of :(

• Advertisement

It feels like my consultant is going OTT about the SP plan in group & we have a group fb and it is all over that as well. Bored silly of reading about it... not everyone is interested in it... aaaaaaargh.

It feels like my consultant is going OTT about the SP plan in group & we have a group fb and it is all over that as well. Bored silly of reading about it... not everyone is interested in it... aaaaaaargh.

A lot of people seem to do it to cancel out being bold! I could murder my friend - told me to just come tonight instead of taking it as a hol then texts me to say she's not coming lol!! :p
    Anyways I put on 4 lbs(!) I was like Ms Pacman last week eating crisps lol - I don't mind as much since I can explain it and tbh it's for the best - if it was a STS or small gain I would have been too tempted to throw caution to the wind again!

tk123 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to do it to cancel out being bold! I could murder my friend - told me to just come tonight instead of taking it as a hol then texts me to say she's not coming lol!! :p
    Anyways I put on 4 lbs(!) I was like Ms Pacman last week eating crisps lol - I don't mind as much since I can explain it and tbh it's for the best - if it was a STS or small gain I would have been too tempted to throw caution to the wind again!

So sorry to hear that :( still at least you know where it came from and can turn it around :)

:D I won the raffle! A cooler bag and blocks and a funny duck dish brush...which one of the dogs robbed thinking it was a toy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down half a pound. I'm happy with that. I expected a big gain after the last 2 weeks especially when I had a weeks holiday from group and a huge meal out with cake and plenty of drinks! On top of all that I've finally found out what's been up with my stomach/health problems. So lucky old me will be having surgery to remove my gallbladder in 2 weeks so after that I'm definitely getting myself together and going to start exercising! Onwards and downwards!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Down half a pound. I'm happy with that. I expected a big gain after the last 2 weeks especially when I had a weeks holiday from group and a huge meal out with cake and plenty of drinks! On top of all that I've finally found out what's been up with my stomach/health problems. So lucky old me will be having surgery to remove my gallbladder in 2 weeks so after that I'm definitely getting myself together and going to start exercising! Onwards and downwards!

Oh phew I'm glad ye have figured out the problem!
    Well done on the loss too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

my 2nd weigh in , -1.5 so thats 3.5 down in 2 weeks

at 22st i should have a bloody stone off at this point

i have slipped up 2 or 3 times in week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

my 2nd weigh in , -1.5 so thats 3.5 down in 2 weeks

at 22st i should have a bloody stone off at this point

i have slipped up 2 or 3 times in week

Is there anything we could help you with? Do you do a food diary? Do you weigh and measure your healthy extras and have your one third speed with each meal and count your syns?

andreac wrote: »
    Is there anything we could help you with? Do you do a food diary? Do you weigh and measure your healthy extras and have your one third speed with each meal and count your syns?

To add to the above, are you drinking enough water? Most people have a high loss in the first week or two due to a 'flush' of water retention. Lower losses in first couple of weeks could suggest either that you weren't retaining water in the first place, or else you're not drinking enough in the past few weeks to flush the system.
    I've also heard that for some people, especially those who have been eating very little and/or irregularly in the time leading up to starting SW, the first few weeks are essentially 'refeeding' and it can take a few weeks to kick-start weight loss.
    In any case, stick with it, fill out your food diary as you eat, check your syns before you eat them, and if you're still not seeing significant losses have a word with your consultant and your doctor.
    Best of luck and don't be afraid to ask questions and check your daily menus etc with us here on this thread! Well done for getting started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

How many holidays are you allowed to take in a year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement