Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Lost 3lb last week so went 5lb below target. Changed target so now I am paying until I reach it! I changed it by over 7lb but I don't think I went far enough. I want to go down a further 4.5lb from the target I chose. Can I do that?

Im nearly sure our leader has said when you change your target you need to do so by 7lbs at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

andreac wrote: »
    Im nearly sure our leader has said when you change your target you need to do so by 7lbs at a time?

Yeah that's what I thought... I was just thinking that as I haven't reached it it might be OK.. ah I'd say I might be better off trying to maintain at the target I chose- make sure it's something I can keep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Hey All,

Joined Slimming World in January and have to admit I am really enjoying it, you can eat what you want and still have your treats. Granted I have been fairly strict but its great to see it pay off. Tonight is my weigh in, and i think I will be hitting by 2 and a half stone loss mark, which im delighted about !.

I still have a good bit to go, i gave myself a "lets loose this weight once and for all" target so ill keep going.

Just have a quick question, ive noticed the weight loss has started to slow down a tiny bit, on average I was loosing 2-3 pounds every week and for the last 3 or so weeks its been 1- 1.5 pounds, now dont get me wrong its still a loss, so im happy with that, but I suppose I would like to go back to the 2-3 loss per week. I am starting to walk (well only done a few) so I know this should help to give it a kick, but I was just wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Heyes wrote: »
    Hey All,

Joined Slimming World in January and have to admit I am really enjoying it, you can eat what you want and still have your treats. Granted I have been fairly strict but its great to see it pay off. Tonight is my weigh in, and i think I will be hitting by 2 and a half stone loss mark, which im delighted about !.

I still have a good bit to go, i gave myself a "lets loose this weight once and for all" target so ill keep going.

Just have a quick question, ive noticed the weight loss has started to slow down a tiny bit, on average I was loosing 2-3 pounds every week and for the last 3 or so weeks its been 1- 1.5 pounds, now dont get me wrong its still a loss, so im happy with that, but I suppose I would like to go back to the 2-3 loss per week. I am starting to wak (well only done a few) so I know this should help to give it a kick, but I was just wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions ?

Hiya! Well done in the loss so far, you're doing great.
    It's normal to experience smaller losses as you come closer to your target.
    You can boost your losses by changing things up a bit (try something different for lunch or dinner, eg I always have a good loss if I've had SW falafel and salad for lunch a few days a week!) and by upping your water intake.
    A lot of people swear by the Speed Soup which is really easy to make, and it freezes well.
    Make sure you're getting your one third speed at every meal too (it's easy to slip a bit with this I find!)!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hiya! Well done in the loss so far, you're doing great.
    It's normal to experience smaller losses as you come closer to your target.
    You can boost your losses by changing things up a bit (try something different for lunch or dinner, eg I always have a good loss if I've had SW falafel and salad for lunch a few days a week!) and by upping your water intake.
    A lot of people swear by the Speed Soup which is really easy to make, and it freezes well.
    Make sure you're getting your one third speed at every meal too (it's easy to slip a bit with this I find!)!

Thanks a mill Dee_Mc

Alas I wish i was super close to my target, but still have a bit to go yet :o:)

Ill defo try the falafel, i have heard they are lovely. Is the speed soup on there website ?

Yeah i was good on the speed food last week, a lot more veg and fruit and less spuds etc.. Love the water, it defo helps a lot !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hey Heyes- wow those losses sound great congrats! :D
    I would suggest shaking it up a bit! You've obviously reacted well to the plan, but maybe there is something that just isn't for you? For example, when my losses slowed down, I stopped having porridge for breakfast. It had been working so well for me I wasn't sure it was going to make a difference, but it did. Oh and bananas. No more bananas like barely ever! Everyone reacts to different food in different ways, so see if there is something you can do to change!

Thanks a mill Dee_Mc

Alas I wish i was super close to my target, but still have a bit to go yet :o:)

Ill defo try the falafel, i have heard they are lovely. Is the speed soup on there website ?

Yeah i was good on the speed food last week, a lot more veg and fruit and less spuds etc.. Love the water, it defo helps a lot !

I don't think the soup recipe is on the website but I found it pretty easily using Google 'slimming world speed soup recipe', if you have trouble finding it let me know and I can link it later.
    Some of the ladies in my group add curry powder and use the soup as a curry sauce, could be a good way to shake up your dinners ;)

I don't think the soup recipe is on the website but I found it pretty easily using Google 'slimming world speed soup recipe', if you have trouble finding it let me know and I can link it later.
    Some of the ladies in my group add curry powder and use the soup as a curry sauce, could be a good way to shake up your dinners ;)

Oooh sounds good, will defo check it out, along with the curry ;)

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Hey Heyes- wow those losses sound great congrats! :D
    I would suggest shaking it up a bit! You've obviously reacted well to the plan, but maybe there is something that just isn't for you? For example, when my losses slowed down, I stopped having porridge for breakfast. It had been working so well for me I wasn't sure it was going to make a difference, but it did. Oh and bananas. No more bananas like barely ever! Everyone reacts to different food in different ways, so see if there is something you can do to change!

Thanks a mill

You could have hit the nail on the head there, I have been eating a lot of the same things lately where as when i started i had a lot more omletts etc, ill have a peak and what im eating and see if i can maybe revert back to what i had at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

Hey Everyone am down another 7 pounds am delighted ! aim to keep going the walking is really paying off and have been pretty consistent. I am going away on holiday for a few days so hoping that I can stay strong and not go too crazy !! I am just renting a house down in Wexford for the week hope the weather stays good!! I know that you lot are based all around the country but does anybody know of anywhere in Wexford for nice healthy food cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1/2 a pound. I'll take that :) thought it was going to be way worse.

Oooh sounds good, will defo check it out, along with the curry ;)

http://mydietjourney.co.uk/recipes/slimming-world-recipes/speed-soup-slimming-world-free-on-extra-easy-plan/
    This is the recipe I use, except I use an extra red or yellow pepper instead of the green, and I add in a couple of sticks of celery and leave out the onion!
    I make it in a massive pot that only just fits in the sink; if you don't have a big pasta pot or whatever you'll need to divide it between 2 large saucepans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Up 1.5 pound this week! Expected a gain after the 3 day weekend of eating and drinking! Back on it now and hopefully lose it by next weeks weigh in!

Had weigh in tonight , lost 3lbs - so delighted !!! Went on two walks over the wkend and it seems to have really helped. Just need to keep it up ! Along with the soup :)

I'll be missing my weigh-in this week because of work, ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Had my second weigh in last night and got my half stone award (-8.5lbs)

With the work, should be looking at a pound or 2 off a stone next week if not my 1 stone award :)

I am the converted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Down 1.5 this week. I was chuffed with that because I've really lost my focus over the last few weeks. I need to get my head back in order and get this weight off.

I have the medical for my new job today so I'm dreading that :(

Down 1.5 this week. I was chuffed with that because I've really lost my focus over the last few weeks. I need to get my head back in order and get this weight off.

I have the medical for my new job today so I'm dreading that :(

Nothing to dread, just a formality ;)
    Mention that you're actively losing weight, get through it, then walk out the door with your head held high and congratulate yourself for being great and getting your new job!
    Well done on the latest loss too btw, good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Nothing to dread, just a formality ;)
    Mention that you're actively losing weight, get through it, then walk out the door with your head held high and congratulate yourself for being great and getting your new job!
    Well done on the latest loss too btw, good work!

Thanks dee!

I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. It was a total formality. When he weighed me I mentioned how I've been doing slimmingworld. He said "well done" but generally didn't seem to care...which was great! All done and dusted. It feels far more official now.

Going to celebrate with chicken, rice, and broccoli in soy sauce. Total comfort food and really tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

hello to everyone here.
    I went to sw today after maintaining last week despite being good.
    Lost 6 lbs today, got my one and half stone award. Hope to have my 2 stone award next week.
    It great reading how every one is doing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

okiss wrote: »
    hello to everyone here.
    I went to sw today after maintaining last week despite being good.
    Lost 6 lbs today, got my one and half stone award. Hope to have my 2 stone award next week.
    It great reading how every one is doing here.

Wow, that is fantastic, well done!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well I lost my 1 and a half pounds today, so the horrible 3 lbs I gained 2 weeks ago is now gone. Back into my 15 stone bracket, 3 and a half to go to get my 3 stone. Bring it on!! ;)

I didn't go to my class tonight. Felt really bloated prob due to hormones so going to weigh in tomorrow. Was quite good all week so didn't want to be up tonight and prob would have been if i weighed, so just giving myself an extra day.

Fingers crossed tomorrow. Even a maintain would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

andreac wrote: »
    I didn't go to my class tonight. Felt really bloated prob due to hormones so going to weigh in tomorrow. Was quite good all week so didn't want to be up tonight and prob would have been if i weighed, so just giving myself an extra day.

Fingers crossed tomorrow. Even a maintain would be ok.

I was the same the week before last. Had been losing 1-1.5 each week but stayed the same and was really disappointed. Back on Monday and 1.5 off thank god!! ...Then my friend came back from holidays and gave me 3 lovely bars of Lindt so rationing them out 2-3 pieces each evening to stay in within my syns. She's on SW too so should know better lol! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Thanks Clappyhappy for the well done from you. I have a few stone to lose. I decided to set a new target every few weeks which could be a stone or enough weight to bring me into a new stone zone. I feel if I set my self a large target I won't get to it. You must be delighted with almost 3 stone gone and into the 15 stone zone. I have not been that weight for about 12 years but I will be that weight again.
    I know that you should be finding it easier to get clothes that you want to ware rather than something that fits you but you may not like.

tk123 wrote: »
    I was the same the week before last. Had been losing 1-1.5 each week but stayed the same and was really disappointed. Back on Monday and 1.5 off thank god!! ...Then my friend came back from holidays and gave me 3 lovely bars of Lindt so rationing them out 2-3 pieces each evening to stay in within my syns. She's on SW too so should know better lol! :rolleyes:

Its not easy when its there in front of you. I ended up opening the easter egg last night, only got one so its not too bad and had a little bit.

Im aiming for maybe 2lbs a month or so overall now and ill be happy. Im always on the go and have things on at the weekend, dog shows etc and its very hard to stay on plan all the time so if i got an overall monthly loss of maybe 2 or 3lbs ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think managing expectations is a big thing. My wife was talking with 2 other SWers last night and both doing it for a month. 1st girl starting to get fed up as she lost 5, then 3 weeks of losing one. The other is loving it having lost 2 pounds each of the 4 weeks.

Same weight loss but perceptions couldn't be different.

I think a lot of people expect huge losses when they start SW but everyones bodies are different. Ive seen people in my group having big losses of 4 and 5 lbs and honestly you wouldn't even think they had it to lose.

Ive never had big losses, ive had 2 weeks over the whole time im doing it, nearly 3 years now, with a 4lb loss and 1 week of 4 and half and that is the most ive ever lost in one week. Im happy with a lb to be honest. Im not far off my target now, around 7lbs so i know its only going to be a lb here or half a lb there but ill be happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was a bit disappointed with my slow losses (2.5 lbs, 3lbs and 3.5lbs) when people were losing much more saying they had bad weeks, even when my leader cast her eye over my food diary she said it was one of the best food diarys she had seen.

However, a loss is a loss is a loss. And it's supposed to be long term, not a race to the finish line so that's what I try tell myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was a bit disappointed with my slow losses (2.5 lbs, 3lbs and 3.5lbs) when people were losing much more saying they had bad weeks, even when my leader cast her eye over my food diary she said it was one of the best food diarys she had seen.

However, a loss is a loss is a loss. And it's supposed to be long term, not a race to the finish line so that's what I try tell myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement