Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Vahevala wrote: »
    Just bear in mind that you tend to lose the most weight the first week so don't get downhearted, if you don't lose as much the following weeks.

I'll echo Vahevala on this ^^^. Theres no problem with setting a mini target for the next week but you have to be prepared to cope if you don't see the numbers you want on the scales. As someone said on this thread yesterday most of us put this weight on over a long time so it's not going to drop off overnight. Every loss is a step in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I just saw on facebook that it is 38 weeks to Christmas, with 38 weigh in's in between. If you were to lose 'only' 1lb a week, that's 2st10lb by Christmas! Imagine the difference 2st10lb would make to your health and happiness:) Slow and steady ladies and gents, you'll get there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

Thanks Dee that's good to know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Down a pound :)
    I've changed shape this week and the idiot in me assumed my hips had somehow got wider... No Dee, your waist and legs got smaller... It's a miracle I make it out of bed without doing myself an injury some mornings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 1 and half. Delighted as that's the 1 and half I put on 2 weeks ago. Wasn't at class last week.
    Hopefully back on track now.

Have a recipe for brownies that I'm going to make for the weekend as my easter treat and might make the ferrero roche too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Does anyone know if you can go to a different class to the you joined if you are away? I travel a lot and move between Dublin and Cork. If I join in Dublin can I go to a class in Cork the following week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Does anyone know if you can go to a different class to the you joined if you are away? I travel a lot and move between Dublin and Cork. If I join in Dublin can I go to a class in Cork the following week?

Yeah you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

You can go to any class in the country once you join slimming world.
    There is a list of each county in Ireland on the website click on the county to see the towns list & times of sw in each town.

I was doing well up to this week with almost a stone and a half gone but I stayed at the same weight this week. I don't think that I have been eating enough free foods so I am doing a diary this week.
    I have to go away tomorrow so I am going to do flexi syns. I have already looked up what fish is lower in syns for good Friday & have a list ready for when I buy it tomorrow.

I want to have a decent loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Up half a pound this week. That's what a weekend in Glasgow will do to you! Lucky it wasn't more! Back on the straight and narrow now for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

dee_mc wrote: »
    Down a pound :)
    I've changed shape this week and the idiot in me assumed my hips had somehow got wider... No Dee, your waist and legs got smaller... It's a miracle I make it out of bed without doing myself an injury some mornings :D

Delighted for you dee, well done!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Down 1.5 this week, mid way of star week and time of the month. Hopefully next week.will lose the other 1.5 I gained last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Down 1.5 this week, mid way of star week and time of the month. Hopefully next week.will lose the other 1.5 I gained last week.

Funny, our group does not discuss Star Week, it's never mentioned, and never marked on books. There's no men in our group, and the first time I joined it was always something that was watched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's star week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

What's star week

Everyone says something different. At my first group, it was the week of your period. But my mother went to a different group and was told it was 2 weeks after your period, and another woman told me it's calculated after youve been there a few months and it's one week in a month every month where you retain fluid.

I'd go with period though.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Everyone says something different. At my first group, it was the week of your period. But my mother went to a different group and was told it was 2 weeks after your period, and another woman told me it's calculated after youve been there a few months and it's one week in a month every month where you retain fluid.

I'd go with period though.

It's never been mentioned at our group either but there are a few men.. I stayed the same this week and had been very crampy and bloated but there were some older men at the group so didn't want to say anything lol!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Just back from group, the clique in my meeting making it a not very enjoyable experience but hey ho... on the plus side, I lost 2 lbs, I finally made it past a 1lb loss :) 2.5 lbs to go till I get my 4 stone award with SW and I think 4.5 lbs to go till I am 6 stone down in total...

so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vahevala wrote: »
    Just back from group, the clique in my meeting making it a not very enjoyable experience but hey ho... on the plus side, I lost 2 lbs, I finally made it past a 1lb loss :) 2.5 lbs to go till I get my 4 stone award with SW and I think 4.5 lbs to go till I am 6 stone down in total...

so happy :D

Wow how fantastic. You must feel amazing! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

andreac wrote: »
    Wow how fantastic. You must feel amazing! !

Thank you, feel like a different person :D

Big congrats Vahevala :)

Sick as a small hospital :( Very hard to motivate yourself to eat well when your throat feels like torn sandpaper!
    Haven't been too bad apart from a few medicinal Maltesers :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How did easter effect everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

How did easter effect everyone :P

Awful. One small Easter egg lead to Chinese, drinks, dinner out, more drinks, cashew nuts ahhh!!! Dreading tomorrow :(

Hope you feel better soon Dee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Down 2.5 today. Ate a ton of ****e this week. 2 takeaway. Plenty of chocolate. I did make sure I ate plenty of super free. Even making a side salad for my fish and chips!

Still shocked though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down a shocking 4.5lbs tonight! I'm thrilled! Had a good week especially because I started weighing my cheese again. Didn't have any Easter eggs as about 6 weeks ago myself and my boyfriend decided we'd have a pizza tonight so I'm sitting here waiting for it to arrive! Only 2lbs to my 3.5stone award!

Down 1.5 so 9.5 in total :) I'm the same as you Wellyd - looking forward to pizza in a month when I go on hols lol :D

Congrats Wellyd! Mmmmmm pizza... enjoy it!

Congrats tk123, you ladies are making it look easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey ladies, hope this question is ok to ask, if not please remove.. I'm just wondering if anyone goes to either the class in Baileboro, Cavan or the one in Kells? I was hoping to find out if the leaders are any good. Where I am based the leader is awful and I really want to see if these ones are any good before I join (again!).. Am booking a holiday to go in June and I need to shed a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I have been doing SW for nearly a year. I am just off my 2 st award. My friend who comes with me is down 4 and a half st in the exact same time. It has been slow going for me but I am doing it at a pace I can sustain & something I will keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Lost 3lb last week so went 5lb below target. Changed target so now I am paying until I reach it! I changed it by over 7lb but I don't think I went far enough. I want to go down a further 4.5lb from the target I chose. Can I do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement