Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

3.5 lbs off this week, my 1/2 stone award

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Boo stayed the same. Better than I gain I suppose lol

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

I have my first weigh in tomorrow... Don't know if I am excited or nervous about It! Very interested to see how this new change in eating habits will affect my body/weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Another pound off tonight and I finally got my 3 stone award! Better late than never! 6 months in slimming world tonight and I'm looking forward to the next 6 months and seeing where I'll be then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wellyd wrote: »
    Another pound off tonight and I finally got my 3 stone award! Better late than never! 6 months in slimming world tonight and I'm looking forward to the next 6 months and seeing where I'll be then!

Wow, well done wellyd, that's a fantastic achievement. Huge congratulations!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

1.5lbs off tonight, got my Club 10 award and am 0.5lbs off my 1.5 stone award too! Exactly 26lbs left to target!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Success stories! Ye are all brilliant :)
    As usual, I have no idea what the scales will tell me on Wednesday but I reeeeally enjoyed the finger food at my nephew's christening... and the cheese on toast when I got home... Oops :D

You know the way chicken is free if you remove the skin? I roasted a chicken (used frylite) removed the skin but the meat on the legs feels very greasy. Do you think it would need to be syned?

A girl in my class got her 3 stone award tonight at her 12th weigh in!!

You know the way chicken is free if you remove the skin? I roasted a chicken (used frylite) removed the skin but the meat on the legs feels very greasy. Do you think it would need to be syned?

A girl in my class got her 3 stone award tonight at her 12th weigh in!!

I asked this before, the answer was 'it's still technically free but exercise caution' :D
    Wow 3 stone in 3 months, does she have a lot of weight to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I posted on my groups fb page last Thursday to say how upset I was (I lost 1lb for the 3rd week in a row, I know it is a loss but was upset), to this date, I have heard zilch from my consultant. In 6 months, she has never texted me once.

Feeling disheartened with her & the cliquey group... the group fb has turned into instagram, nothing but flipping food pictures on it. :mad:

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    I posted on my groups fb page last Thursday to say how upset I was (I lost 1lb for the 3rd week in a row, I know it is a loss but was upset), to this date, I have heard zilch from my consultant. In 6 months, she has never texted me once.

Feeling disheartened with her & the cliquey group... the group fb has turned into instagram, nothing but flipping food pictures on it. :mad:

Ugh that's very disheartening, my group's Fb page would be similar, a lot of 'how many syns in a full Irish breakfast' posts but very little in the line of support.
    Have you tried ringing or texting your consultant directly to ask for support? In my experience if they contact you, it's rarely when you actually need them most, and a lot of members really don't welcome extra communication with their consultant, so it could be that you need to let her know you need a chat.
    For my part, I feel that without the support and camaraderie of this thread I would've given up a long time ago!

My consultant texts every week. She was away when I got my 7lb award and send me a txt to say well done when she got back lol!
    The FB groups (there's 2 in our group) would be food pics, syn requests but people do ask questions some times and people would reply with advise and support. We had a different consultant last week and I prefer ours tbh so glad I'm going to that group and not the other one(!) She was very nice but the whole thing was centred on food - now I know it's a weight loss group so that's a given but it was kind of OTT. Not everyone is craving sweets and choc and looking for cheaty ways to have them if that makes sense?

tk123 wrote: »
    My consultant texts every week. She was away when I got my 7lb award and send me a txt to say well done when she got back lol!
    The FB groups (there's 2 in our group) would be food pics, syn requests but people do ask questions some times and people would reply with advise and support. We had a different consultant last week and I prefer ours tbh so glad I'm going to that group and not the other one(!) She was very nice but the whole thing was centred on food - now I know it's a weight loss group so that's a given but it was kind of OTT. Not everyone is craving sweets and choc and looking for cheaty ways to have them if that makes sense?

Mine tends to favour this one member that lost 7 stone (I am pleased for her) she got her 7 stone award & I got the 3 1/2 award the same night, my consultant was away that night, when she came back the next week, she congratulated the other member and said nothing to me. (we were the only 2 awards that night)...

:( That's crap. But 3 1/2 stone - WOW Vahevala!! Well done!!

Our group can so funny at times and I think a few of us are going to the same one so they'll know what I mean - there's a few people who take over when it gets to them like it's their 15mins of fame lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think to be fair to some consultants it's hard to judge between being very supportive and being overbearing. Some people need someone to tell them what to do while others just want a chat in the group. Tough to please everyone in a group setting

It's hard too for cliques not to develop. It mightn't be very deliberate but if some person is going for, say, 6 months they're bound to have more of a relationship than someone there 3 weeks.

Not excusing anyone being rude though. A post on their facebook page/group) has to be answered, particularly when they advertise that as past of their support (and they all do).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 0.5lb :( totally disheartened. Really upped the water this week too. 7 weeks in and only 12.5lb down, another at least 8 stone to go. Feel like I'll never get there :( I'm wondering why I'm bothering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Monife wrote: »
    Down 0.5lb :( totally disheartened. Really upped the water this week too. 7 weeks in and only 12.5lb down, another at least 8 stone to go. Feel like I'll never get there :( I'm wondering why I'm bothering!!

Please don't give up. I know there will be days that you fcuking hate food optimising because you haven't got the results you wanted on the scales but look you're 12.5lbs lighter than you were 7 weeks ago. I'm in the same boat as you. I have 7 stone to lose and it seems so far away but don't look at it like that. I think that aiming for each half stone award is a much better way to look at it. Don't look at the big picture yet try to take it week by week. We're all here for support! Please don't give up!

Monife wrote: »

You're nearly a stone lighter than you were less than 2 months ago - that's so brilliant!
    Try not to be so down on yourself, you're moving in the right direction :)
    Have you had a chat to your consultant or to your GP?
    Try to be positive and keep plugging away, it's sooo worth it - I'm with SW since the beginning of September and I've never had the big losses some members see each week, but at this stage I have family members and friends and vague acquaintances deciding to start the plan because they can now see it's working for me...
    I know you're feeling disheartened but keep with it and you will get there, slowly but surely is the way to do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Down 1lb this week. Happy enough. That's 14.5lbs in 8 weeks.

Like you Monife I have a lot to lose and I had hoped it would come off faster than it has been. But I've been so up and down and haven't been 100% sticking to my syns so I'm not really surprised. Keep at it, and we'll get there.

I have a medical next week for the job and I'm *dreading* it. My BMI is appalling at the moment and I'm really concerned that the doc might fail me over it. I'm kicking myself that I haven't sorted this crap out by now. I'm 32 ffs :( My only lingering hope is that the company have already offered me the job and sent me my contract...something I would expect after the medical.

Down 1lb this week. Happy enough. That's 14.5lbs in 8 weeks.

Like you Monife I have a lot to lose and I had hoped it would come off faster than it has been. But I've been so up and down and haven't been 100% sticking to my syns so I'm not really surprised. Keep at it, and we'll get there.

I have a medical next week for the job and I'm *dreading* it. My BMI is appalling at the moment and I'm really concerned that the doc might fail me over it. I'm kicking myself that I haven't sorted this crap out by now. I'm 32 ffs :( My only lingering hope is that the company have already offered me the job and sent me my contract...something I would expect after the medical.

Mention at the medical that you're in the process of losing the weight. Longterm should be their focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try not get disheartened. Look at it this way. It didn't all go on in a few weeks so it's certainly not going to all come off in a few weeks.

Most of us have gained this weight over a lifetime so just think of it as a journey to get back to where you want to be.

Try and be happy with a loss no matter how big or small it is.
    If you are losing steadily that is brilliant and the best way to do. It's manageable and you can fit it in to your life.

You are doing great. Keep it up! !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks for the support everyone,means a lot :)

PawneeRanger, I had a medical at 18 odd stone and weight was mentioned and I said I was in the process of losing weight and I passed the medical.

Dee, might speak to GP about my meds. From Google, one or 2 can cause weight gain or not help so might see if I can drop one.

Thanks again guys, loving this thread already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I said it before but a pound a week is nearly four stone. No point in fretting over small losses as they're all going the right way

In other news ilostwhat tells me I've lost the same as an elephants heart.

An elephant's heart!!

First week I gained 1.5lbs. I was super disheartened. I stuck to the exact same plans and meals the next week and lost 2lbs (so really .5lbs) then same foods, 3lbs, then yesterday again changing nothing another 3.5lbs. Slow and steady wins the race

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

katie21 wrote: »
    So I went ahead and joined a class tonight! I will definitely be using this thread for advice/support!

I have 1st 4pounds to my target (the weight I think I want) I will re-assess when I reach that and see if I'm happy with it!

I have in my head that I will reach target by my holidays in June but just going to take it week by week and will be happy with a half pound or pound a week.
    I don't expect any massive losses quick!
    Plan to spend a few hours tomorrow reading my book and hopefully pick up a few tips!

My plan is to have 3 SP days a week and the rest extra easy. What do people think of that for a new beginner?

Had my first weigh in tonight and lost 2.5 pounds... Delighted! Good start to the journey, hopefully I can keep the losses up.
    I know easter will be a tough weekend.

katie21 wrote: »
    Had my first weigh in tonight and lost 2.5 pounds... Delighted! Good start to the journey, hopefully I can keep the losses up.
    I know easter will be a tough weekend.

Good on ya!
    I'm planning to treat myself to some extra nice fruit on Thursday (in Tesco, don't forget the Dunnes boycott ;) ) - raspberries, blueberries, passion fruit and pineapple, so that every time I feel like eating some chocolate I'll have fruit and fat free Greek yogurt instead/as well - on a related note, can't remember where, but I read somewhere today that eating a small amount of something bold (i.e.e my beloved chocolate) with a larger amount of something not bold (hello lovely 'speed' fruit and free yogurt) is more satisfying than eating a large serving of the bold item... Makes sense really!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

Hey everyone am down 6 pounds in the first week was delighted ! I was wondering had anybody tried crosssfit and what they thought ? Dee why are you boycotting Dunness?

Jeff1985 wrote: »
    Hey everyone am down 6 pounds in the first week was delighted ! I was wondering had anybody tried crosssfit and what they thought ? Dee why are you boycotting Dunness?

I've never tried crossfit, will be interested to hear people's opinions too.
    Dunnes staff are striking on Thurs, people are encouraged not to pass the picket! I've no connection to the company but working conditions there are notoriously poor so I'm happy to support them.
    Apologies for going off topic ;)

Edit: Many congrats on your first week, amazing stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

5lbs down after week one. Very happy :)
    Was a bit lazy with exercise this week, only done 3 days but covered about 15k, if I step it up again till next Tuesday and keep to my food play I should be looking at at least another 5lbs next week.
    I'm lucky enough I don't crave bad food like chocolate or crisps, a pint would be my downfall

• Advertisement

Just bear in mind that you tend to lose the most weight the first week so don't get downhearted, if you don't lose as much the following weeks.

Weigh in tomorrow night, I am heading away to the UK for a few days next Wednesday so I won't mind if I gain weight the following week. I don't want to take any SW holidays so will try to weigh in on the Tuesday (2 days early) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement