Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Up to 19.2c here now as well, the sun is starting to break through and humidity around 90% making it feel a few degrees warmer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

According to met.ie it's only 15c in Cork :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Is this weather here to stay for the weekend? Beautiful in dublin! I'll be pissed off if it turns for the weekend! Plan on doing a few outdoor things so fingers crossed it lasts tho I kinda know myself it probably won't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

leahyl wrote: »
    That seems about right, it's dark, foggy and pretty miserable around the place, but slightly warmer than the past few days alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Looks and feels like Autumn here in Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I'm sure it's warm outside but i'm freezing my nuts off here in the house today.

I'm based in Kilkenny and just like Bullseye1 said, it looks and feels like Autumn.

Can anyone tell me what day will Kilkenny reach it's top temperatures for the week? I'm planning on going camping with a few mates if the weather is warm-ish and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

2moro and thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

good bit of sunshine here 19/20c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Lots of sunshine with a warm breeze in Galway city wasnt expecting this:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Dull as ditch water here. Mild though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

17.3C and cloudy here in Naas.

Seems like a standard weather we had all summer.

edit: 16.7 now and its still cloudy and windy to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mullingar managed 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Its lovely here in galway city today. Totally didnt expect this big gap in the clouds today!
    It reached about 21c here according to some local weather stations.
    175949.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

leahyl wrote: »

Concur my Weather station is saying 14.0°C

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That explains the wall to wall sunshine in Athlone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

That explains the wall to wall sunshine in Athlone :)

Its clouding over in Galway now. But still seems lovely and blue further inland to the east, prob still good in Athlone so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

27 September 2011 16:30

Met.ie:

Tomorrow will be another fine day, with warm sunshine and highest temperatures of 18 to 22 degrees. However western and southern coastal counties will be cloudier, with damp misty conditions at times. The winds will be moderate southerly.

Outlook

On Wednesday night a band of rain along the west coast will extend further. It will stay mild and humid and southerly winds will remain fresh. Outbreaks of rain will continue over the western half of the country during Thursday but it will become drier in the east where it will be warmest. Becoming mainly dry on Thursday night but a band of rain will push into western coastal counties during Friday, turning heavy at times there later. It will be rather warm generally on Friday, with sunny spells across the eastern half of the country. Present indications suggest that it will turn generally more unsettled over the weekend with rain at times in all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The high is just a tad too far east of us, England and Wales doing very well out of it.

ukmaxtemp.png

That just about sums up the past 5 months:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Great day here today, 20C all evening in warm sunshine. To humid for my liking but the breeze made it quite comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Mullingar was probably the warmest today, it was 20.8 °C at 1pm but the 18Z synop, which gives today's max, isn't in for there, or Oak Park or Ballyhaise. But here is the list of confirmed maxes anyway.

Mullingar 20.8 or more
    Shannon Airport, Gurteen 20.4
    Ballyhaise 20.3 or more
    Dublin Airport 20.3
    Claremorris 19.8
    Malin Head 19.7
    Finner 19.5
    Casement 19.2
    Knock 17.9
    Mace Head 16.9
    Oak Park 16.8 or more
    Valentia 16.7
    Belmuller 16.5
    Johnstown Castle 15.8
    Cork Airport 14.9
    Roches Point 14.6
    Sherkin Island 14.5

I reckon we'll only squeeze another two or three degrees out of it by the end of the week, with nowhere reaching more than 24-25 °C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Dublin Airport 13c at 8pm. But 15c at 8.30. Why would the temp. increase like this into the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

compsys wrote: »
    Dublin Airport 13c at 8pm. But 15c at 8.30. Why would the temp. increase like this into the night?

Increasing cloud. After 8pm satellite pictures show an increase in cloud, and metars show it going from scattered 30,000 ft at 8:30pm to scattered 20,000 ft at 9pm. This lower cloud would be thicker and a more efficient absorber of outgoing longwave radiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Absolutely miserable conditions here today anyway. Constant heavy mist but too mild to wear a coat. Bad weather for walking anywhere. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It was very dull here, it reached a high of 16.4C at 12:50pm.

Then it just fell and was under 15C for most of the afternoon which was disappointing, the wind was gusting over 40km/hr.

Just a very disappointing day., had hoped for some sun and heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Min wrote: »
    It was very dull here, it reached a high of 16.4C at 12:50pm.

Then it just fell and was under 15C for most of the afternoon which was disappointing, the wind was gusting over 40km/hr.

Just a very disappointing day., had hoped for some sun and heat.

Guess who's got a new Davis?!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

compsys wrote: »
    The temperature is rising as the wind increases, I make it 16.1c at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Most places have only dropped 4c-5c since the highs earlier. Balmy night ahead.

Models seem to show a stationary front hanging over us at the weekend. I think I best enjoy any sun that peeks out over the next couple of days. Tomorrow might well be the warmest at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It was sooooo warm last night! I woke a few times sweating:eek:

But it's just dark, murky and misty again this morning in Cork City. I hate humid weather when there is no sun:(

This warm spell looks like it's going to break down a little after the weekend according to met eireann:

Outlook
    Thursday night will be mild with temperatures no lower than 13 or 14 degrees. Most places will be dry. However rain will develop in west Munster, Connacht and west Ulster overnight. This rain will spread over much of the country on Friday morning and will possibly be heavy in places. It will become confined to the east in the evening and night with drier conditions further west. Highest temperatures of 17 to 20 degrees. The rain will spread back towards the west on Saturday and will be heavy in places. It will gradually die out on Saturday night. Sunday will be largely dry with sunny spells. Temperatures will gradually drop back over the weekend, ranging from 16 to 19 degrees on Saturday and from 15 to 18 degrees on Sunday. Winds will be mostly moderate to fresh southerly through the rest of the week, becoming light and variable over the weekend. Current indications suggest that the early days of next week will be mostly dry, but it will become cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Its 17.4C at the moment. It windy at the same time which takes away from the warm weather.

It wasn't too hot last night I didn't have to remove the extra layer I had to put on after the cold nights last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement