Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

nooooooooo!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

There will be a delay now. A shortwave should develop and make it's way toward Ireland from the Southwest. This should insure a delay till Wednesday for warm and sunny weather. It may turn very windy but warm in the West temporarily on Monday night and into Tuesday. It will turn wet for a time there.

But there is no doubt about it - very warm summer weather is coming from Tuesday initially in the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 FurryFace

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like an Indian Summer is likely to begin from later Monday onward. Temperatures could soar for the time of year into the low twenties with lots of warm sunshine as winds go more South to Southeasterly.:)

Recm1441.gif

Recm1682.gif

Oh and watch out for them imported Thunderstorms from the Bay of Biscay too!

:cool:

Hard to believe it could get better this late

FurryFace wrote: »
    Hard to believe it could get better this late

I think it will happen.;) We deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sky News already jumping on this - talking about 27 degree heat next week in the UK!!! I really just want autumn weather at this stage! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

looks like us in the east could get the best of this warm spell according to MT this morning, that'll do rightly that will, now where did i put the shorts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

leahyl wrote: »
    Sky News already jumping on this - talking about 27 degree heat next week in the UK!!! I really just want autumn weather at this stage! :-(

Where were you this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

where were you this summer to say you want autumn weather?? i can count on one hand how many good days we had this summer.

bring on the heatwave!!!

now i'll have to go through my wardrobe for my summer gear, at least i don't think i left it down in youghal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mike65 wrote: »

Where were you this summer?

You know what I mean! It's autumn so I want autumn weather now! It's too late for summer!!! I've put all my summer clothes in mothballs long ago!! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ex Katia, winter storms, snow etc = Glad to be in the NW :)

Next weeks 'heatwave' = Not so glad to be in the NW :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looks like the west might have rain and showers run ins throughout until the centre heads west in October (if it heads west).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The East will probably see the best of the sunshine, but that on shore breeze will moderate the temperatures somewhat...
    (slightly inland less so obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

dsmythy wrote: »
    Looks like the west might have rain and showers run ins throughout until the centre heads west in October (if it heads west).

Sigh................................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

irish1967 wrote: »
    Ex Katia, winter storms, snow etc = Glad to be in the NW :)

Next weeks 'heatwave' = Not so glad to be in the NW :(

Sorry did I say that out loud ?:o

Looks like it will be Wednesday onward for the higher temperatures and sunnier skies. On Tuesday night and into Wednesday a small system will skirt the west of the country.

Rtavn901.png

And winds will pick up in the West. It's only a minor fly in the ointment though

Rtavn909.png

Looks like turning fairly breezy in the west but hopefully the rain will stay offshore. The rest of the country should be having good weather at that stage though maybe only limited amounts of sunshine and temperatures up to 22c. Very humid aswell.

Then on it turns even warmer and sunnier and mostly dry.

Rtavn1261.png

Rtavn1262.png

Rtavn1382.png

A nice Spanish plume of very warm air moving toward the country. Pick a number between 22 and 27c for a max temperture in land. There may also be periods of mist or fog on windward coasts of the South and East too at times. Should burn off during daylight hours though. This weather should last at the very least till Sunday. Fingers crossed.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Hmm, 27 is pushing it a bit. I reckon if anyone sees 24 they'll b lucky.

The air might not quite be warm enough to hit 27c or get close to it but it depends on how far north the air comes. If we get the 15c 850hpa isotherm over the country then it is possible to reach 27c. I do expect a max exceeding 25c though somewhere inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am still half expecting it to be dull and humid for the whole time.:D

I am keeping an eye of the morning temperatures next week. If it is 12C at 6am we are on average with 2009 temperatures.

But we can't really enjoy the weather being dark at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Su Campu wrote: »
    Hmm, 27 is pushing it a bit. I reckon if anyone sees 24 they'll b lucky.
    The October record is 25.2c at Clongowes College, Kildare as long ago as Oct 3rd 1908 so 27c is probably pushing a bit as you say. A long standing record made over a century ago will hardly be shattered by a full 2 degrees!
    I'm certain that records will be broken at some stations this week.

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

The October record is 25.2c at Clongowes College, Kildare as long ago as Oct 3rd 1908 so 27c is probably pushing a bit as you say. A long standing record made over a century ago will hardly be shattered by a full 2 degrees!
    I'm certain that records will be broken at some stations this week.

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

Chart looks familiar alright although it doesn't look half as breezy as it probably will be next week onwards. I'd go for a 22 in Kilkenny.

octoberheat1908.gif

thenandnow-1.png

• Advertisement

A low pressure system I shall call Buzz Killington might break the settled period into a before and after Buzz period. A little far out to be sure of it. Could he bring thunderstorm activity if it came to fruition?

buzzkill.png

EDIT: The ECM seems to show a completely different pattern for the 3rd of October onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

personally i think around 23 or 24 and October record will be safe. But Id say that once October is about a week old therel be talk of the warmest OCtober ever so if we get some cold air after this it will have to be very cold to bring down the "IMT"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dsmythy wrote: »
    A low pressure system I shall call Buzz Killington might break the settled period into a before and after Buzz period. A little far out to be sure of it. Could he bring thunderstorm activity if it came to fruition?

buzzkill.png

EDIT: The ECM seems to show a completely different pattern for the 3rd of October onwards.

with a bit of luck :)

BBC forecasting highs 25-27 in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I just watched the weather for the week ahead on the tv and I think temperatures will peak on Friday (30th) which obviously means that we can forget about October records being broken. :mad:

12z GFS a big upgrade for very warm and sunny weather keeping any Atlantic fronts further East from Tuesday. From Tuesday on looks fantastic. Very nice indeed. Here is a taster.

Wednesday

Very warm light southerly breeze.

Rtavn781.png

Sunny on Wednesday too for most except the far west - a bit cloudier there

Rtavn783.png

Temperatures anything up to 24c.

Thursday is even better.

Rtavn1021.png

Continues like that up until at least Sunday. Very,very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What constitutes very warm? 24c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well considering its October next week i'd say anything above 20C can be considered very warm!

The charts are too good to believe at the moment, probably cloud and some light rain on the west coast but most of the country is looking at at least a week of warm, dry and settled weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get out the barbecue!

brawn20040808.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

24 or 25C will be record breaking temperatures for late September and early October.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement