Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

a bit of warm sunshine & may be a bit of thunder in the mix would be nice(if it comes off),plenty of time after that for our wintery weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yeah... I'm in autumn mode too. Would much prefer crisp cold sunny days tbh at this stage, with lovely mist in the mornings that lifts and makes everything beautiful. Not a sticky humid fog that clings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I would love some warm dry weather. It is overdue, as it has been a cool summer. The best weather was from February to April.
    Winter will be long enough and a bit of heat before it would be welcome. Temperatures in the mid 20's would be heaven at this stage.
    Personally I would look forward to slapping on the sun cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

They say we should put on sun cream even in ordinary weather Min so feel free to do so even if it doesn't heat up next week ;).
    I agree with your assessment that the best weather was from Feb to April, It needed to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Lucreto wrote: »
    I think you are too optimistic over the weather.

Met Eireann is saying at the moment

"Monday will be a bright day, with sunny spells, some scattered showers will occur, most of them in the southwest, west and north. Cool, with light to moderate west to southwest winds. Tuesday onwards : Early indications suggest that it will remain unsettled and changeable."

I think met eireann say that every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

If the weather does indeed get nice and warm and sunny, I think at this time of the year, sunscreen would most likely not be needed unless you have very very fair skin and plan to be in the sun a lot. At the beginning of October, the sun is not very strong at all, UV wise. It may feel warm but UV levels are equivalent to early to mid March levels and I don't think many people put on sunscreen then, even if the sun is shining.

Having said that, there's no harm at all in slapping on some sunscreen - it ain't cheap though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

So, what d'you reckon Jean Byrne will be wearing? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

highdef wrote: »
    If the weather does indeed get nice and warm and sunny, I think at this time of the year, sunscreen would most likely not be needed unless you have very very fair skin and plan to be in the sun a lot. At the beginning of October, the sun is not very strong at all, UV wise. It may feel warm but UV levels are equivalent to early to mid March levels and I don't think many people put on sunscreen then, even if the sun is shining.

Having said that, there's no harm at all in slapping on some sunscreen - it ain't cheap though!

Someone just started at thread this evening relating to this topic, children not getting enough vitamin D and whatnot. Honestly I'm of the opinion that we need some sun, I mean isn't it essential that we allow ourselves to get some sunshine throughout the year, without overdoing it obviously.

Personally, I love Autumn sunshine. Bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pangea wrote: »
    *Cough

7th September

Yeah the same guy also said it would be a dry and quiet first half of the month. This prediction he hasn't mentioned again of course.....

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah the same guy also said it would be a dry and quiet first half of the month. This prediction he hasn't mentioned again of course.....

This month? Do you have a link? I never heard any predictions of his for the start of this month.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    This month? Do you have a link? I never heard any predictions of his for the start of this month.

Sorry I have my predictors mixed up. That was that Ring chap. Havn't a clue what Gallagher predicted for early September though if he was right we'd no doubt have been told about it :D

We will probably have to see whether TS Ophelia survives her tortuous journey around the Atlantic before deciding on the intensity or otherwise of any thundery outbreak caused by the high. I'm still worried this 'indian summer' won't happen and the high slips back south to a more regular position.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Sorry I have my predictors mixed up. That was that Ring chap. Havn't a clue what Gallagher predicted for early September though if he was right we'd no doubt have been told about it :D

lol no the good spell of weather at the end of september is the first forecast I have heard from him in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

This sounds like 85' all over again - crap summer followed by a heatwave at the end of September/start of October. Personally I would prefer my heatwaves in Summer proper as the days are swiftly shortning now. But I guess beggers can't be choosers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

peckerhead wrote: »
    So, what d'you reckon Jean Byrne will be wearing? :)
    Something dishy no doubt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lucreto wrote: »
    I think you are too optimistic over the weather.

Met Eireann is saying at the moment

"Monday will be a bright day, with sunny spells, some scattered showers will occur, most of them in the southwest, west and north. Cool, with light to moderate west to southwest winds. Tuesday onwards : Early indications suggest that it will remain unsettled and changeable."

They now say " MID-WEEK PERIOD: Warm, humid, breezy days are expected with moderate to fresh southerly breezes. Some rain and drizzle likely, mainly in the west, heavy at times. But a good deal of bright weather also, with sunny spells. Temperatures in the mid to high teens on Tuesday, are expected to rise into the high teens on Wednesday and low twenties thereafter. "

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I don't like all this warm period talk lol now where's the snow ha

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I never thought i'd say this but i wouldnt mind it cooling down a bit from those projected temps for Saturday week,1st Oct.Ive a half marathon race that morning and so im rooting for a lovely cooling breeze to give me some help:).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Forecast is breaking down already. Oh well.

EDIT: Nope, 0Z seemed like a glitch. Everything further west on 06Z :)

Still a week away

h850t850eu.png

• Advertisement

I love looking at these northern Hemisphere charts around this time of year, the changes over the next few months are fun to watch.[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]npsh500.240.png[/URL]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Met Eireann are now on the bandwagon for some warm weather.
    MID-WEEK PERIOD: Warm, humid, breezy days are expected with moderate to fresh southerly breezes. Some rain and drizzle likely, mainly in the west, heavy at times. But a good deal of bright weather also, with sunny spells. Temperatures in the mid to high teens on Tuesday, are expected to rise into the high teens on Wednesday and low twenties thereafter.

I still think its too far away to call though.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Risk of very.........That too will pass have faith .

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭J6P

20 degrees next week and snow the week after

gens-15-1-348.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

lovely

swim in the sea followed by igloo building

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

pauldry wrote: »
    lovely

swim in the sea followed by igloo building

ha , sounds like a plan !!! if only it came true :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

GFS Ensemble at 348h, scraping the barrel with that one!

Still looking good at the moment, things getting into motion on Monday so not that far away now. Doesn't look too exciting for us in the west but anything that gets us out of the westerly atlantic flow for a few days I'll gladly take

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I still think its too far away to call though.

Yep and ECM has thrown a wobbler tonight:rolleyes: - I guess this country just doesn't do warm and dry anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement

Still a week away

h850t850eu.png

12Z widened the isobars for the same time. It's like chinese whispers, never know what we will end up with at the end!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement