Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/791291234820259841

Well the lads are in Peru and they are now flying on a branded plane with the old logo on the side.

No wonder ticket prices are so high lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/791291234820259841

Well the lads are in Peru and they are now flying on a branded plane with the old logo on the side.

That plane is so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sure the GN'R plane is cool, but it's no Ed Force One :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sure the GN'R plane is cool, but it's no Ed Force One :pac:
    Well done lithium. It only took three posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

From HTGTH so maybe take it with a pinch of salt
    My friend works in a sound company in Dublin.
    Apprently, They are going to be doing cabling / sound for a press conference with MCD tomorrow in relation to a huge worldwide band doing a gig in Croke Park next July.

OP

• Advertisement

Someone told me they said guns n roses are playing Croke Park next September, said they heard it on red fm cork radio. Don't know how true that is.

fin12 wrote: »
    Someone told me they said guns n roses are playing Croke Park next September, said they heard it on red fm cork radio. Don't know how true that is.

September would be a bit late, rumours of June and July also

Hopefully we will knw very soon

Have a pre sale Nightrain code and listening to AOD loudly

The first sale will sell out then tickets will start appearing later (premium tickets go on sale a month or 2 before the concert when the seat owners don't take up there allocation)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Reckon it will sell out quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I love the way media outlets always put up a pic that's years out of date or just plain wrong. This one on the RTE website featuring a pic from the Hall of Fame awards is a classic! Doing this quick so can only put up the link rather than the pic, hopefully it will stay there a while :pac:

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/1027/827373-guns-n-roses-tipped-to-play-croke-park-in-2017/

PTH2009 wrote: »
    September would be a bit late, rumours of June and July also

Hopefully we will knw very soon

Have a pre sale Nightrain code and listening to AOD loudly

The first sale will sell out then tickets will start appearing later (premium tickets go on sale a month or 2 before the concert when the seat owners don't take up there allocation)

What's the craic with this? Is this part of the membership for $45?

• Advertisement

What's the craic with this? Is this part of the membership for $45?

Yeah and you get to use the fourms and all that. Can't remember which package I got but it runs out in January

You can get a membership with an exclusive tshirt but the shipping price is horrendous

Really hope they announce the Croke Park gig in the next few days/weeks as I can start saving

It's going to be a dear one, almost as dear as the u2 Dublin shows last year

Yeah and you get to use the fourms and all that. Can't remember which package I got but it runs out in January

You can get a membership with an exclusive tshirt but the shipping price is horrendous

Really hope they announce the Croke Park gig in the next few days/weeks as I can start saving

It's going to be a dear one, almost as dear as the u2 Dublin shows last year

Hmm, It's a tough one to call but I might hold off as I can't see them selling out Croker that quick. Could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

fin12 wrote: »

Aren't the weekends in September taken up by the 4 All Ireland finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

D.Q wrote: »
    Reckon it will sell out quick?

I'd say so

Aren't the weekends in September taken up by the 4 All Ireland finals?

Ya it doesn't sound right to me either, I'm sure it will be June/July.

cant wait for the postmortem of the gig where we give out about the event junkies who just went cause its in Croke Park, who got drunk and messy, talked through the whole gig and ruined our evenings lol

As its a large stadium there will be those type of fans there and there will be massive trouble if a repeat of 2010 happens (Axl is like a completly different guy now from what he was back then)

Croke Park is a brillent venue and the sound is good in most areas of the place (if not go to Ticketmaster CS and complain and they might move to one of the vertigo seats or to the standing area).

expecting to pay about E165 for a good seat

cant wait for the postmortem of the gig where we give out about the event junkies who just went cause its in Croke Park, who got drunk and messy, talked through the whole gig and ruined our evenings lol

As its a large stadium there will be those type of fans there and there will be massive trouble if a repeat of 2010 happens (Axl is like a completly different guy now from what he was back then)

Croke Park is a brillent venue and the sound is good in most areas of the place (if not go to Ticketmaster CS and complain and they might move to one of the vertigo seats or to the standing area).

expecting to pay about E165 for a good seat

Ya when I was at Take That in Croke Park 2 rows behind these guys had a physical fight and then there where these two women who picked up my friends bag first saying oh she thought it was hers and then a while later she tried the same thing with my bag, she was walking away with my bag and again oh she thought it was her bag.

Standing tickets gonna cost the figurative arm and a leg..

**** it, it'll be worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Be a great gig. My friend was at them in Boston. He reckons it was kick ass.

The rumors for Croke park seem to be getting louder. Somebody saying that MCD have a press conference at Croke park tomorrow. I'd say once the tickets go on sale I'll join the frenzy in the worry that it will sell out fast. Don't want to miss out having seen them every time they've been here. I think it will sell out, but at a slower rate.

Not been to a gig there before. Anyone that has been at Croke park for a concert, where do we need to be looking at and where do we need to avoid?

Lima tonight. Wonder if anything new will be added to the set-list!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Do ye think that the pitch tickets will be the massive prices like their charging on the US leg of the tour for Croker(if they do announce that their there). If they are that price range i doubt they would sell out that quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

According to spin1038 they are saying the announcement in Croke Park is Robbie Williams.....whether he's playing croker or not is another thing.

xtradel wrote: »
    According to spin1038 they are saying the announcement in Croke Park is Robbie Williams.....whether he's playing croker or not is another thing.

Damn media getting our hopes up. GNR to slane or the Aviva ??

I'm going to be sad if they don't end up playing here after all

xtradel wrote: »

yeah saw that earlier. I didn't even know he had an album out/coming out even. Okay I don't know what to think.

yeah saw that earlier. I didn't even know he had an album out/coming out even. Okay I don't know what to think.

It's like being promised a PS4 for Xmas yesterday but the next day you get a set a socks and a book instead

I feel so sad right now but if he does one Croke Park date than there still is one date left ?. Slane is still a possibility

It's like being promised a PS4 for Xmas yesterday but the next day you get a set a socks and a book instead

I feel so sad right now but if he does one Croke Park date than there still is one date left ?. Slane is still a possibility

It's three gigs a year and before any announcement of what is supposed to be happening today, I read only one gig is confirmed for next year so provided it is robbie williams as spin say then yes there is still one more concert allowed under whatever agreement croke park and the residents have.

It's three gigs a year and before any announcement of what is supposed to be happening today, I read only one gig is confirmed for next year so provided it is robbie williams as spin say then yes there is still one more concert allowed under whatever agreement croke park and the residents have.

Concert 1 is Coldplay (confirmed there not playing a second date)

Concert 2 is Robbie Williams

If he doesn't do 2 nights than there's space for another concert.

GNR for 2 nights in the Aviva is possible and may be a better fit with the success of AC/DC in 2015. Lord Mountcharles is keeping quite about Slane

Just searched croke park on twitter. Spin are the only place mentioning robbie williams as they are saying he has a press conference set for 2:30pm today but they don't say for certain what it's about. They seem to be assuming its a concert date which is fair enough.

RTE,104FM, and several of the tabloids are saying GNR. So I suppose wait until 2:30 today to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Any announcement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

15 more minutes left MCD are saying on their facebook page. A slight delay

EDIT: Its robbie williams. 98FM are covering the press conference

• Advertisement

It's been delayed by the MCD Facebook page.

Advertisement