Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Does anyone else think it's hilarious watching the current Axl on stage? We've all read the stories about him and what he's like. The state of him trying to act cool when he's so fat and looks so stupid makes me burst out laughing. Maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

noway12345 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's hilarious watching the current Axl on stage? We've all read the stories about him and what he's like. The state of him trying to act cool when he's so fat and looks so stupid makes me burst out laughing. Maybe it's just me.

Ah give the mad bastid a break he's 53.
    I think he's cool by not giving a fiddlers about how ever he goes right or wrong.
    The more I think about a reunion the more I think best leave sleeping dogs lie.
    And anyone expecting them to sound as good as they did over 25 years ago is in for a disappointment. The music might be on the money but it won't have that angry wild not giving a fuc attitude to it.
    Axl should of done the hall of fame and that would of tied everything up nicely
    But Axl wouldn't be Axl if he did what he should do. And for that he's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

noway12345 wrote: »

The Axl Rose Disaster videos on Youtube = Axl in a nutshell the last few years, those videos are BRUTALLY BAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Appetite For Democracy was ****. Axl's vocals were terrible..

What a stupid thing to say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Axl Rose Disaster videos on Youtube = Axl in a nutshell the last few years, those videos are BRUTALLY BAD

Perhaps because some people are so obsessed they want to overstate his failures? I feel the same people who criticize a few blips vocal wise he's had over the last few years are the same who'd leave it go unnoticed if he did the same things but playing with Slash and co. In summary they slag the sh1te out of how poor Axl is now but would cream themselves at a reunion with....Axl.

The internet can make a fool of anyone.

If it wasn't pre internet there'd be more footage like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i wonder did whoever was in charge of making sure the Mics worked left in Brazil after Rio.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I remember these incidents that Axl caused alright. In particular the one in St Louis where he attacked someone for filming him. It was embarrassing to be a GNR fan at some points.

Wonder what he makes of the 20,000 smart phones he sees everytime he is on stage now.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ATTENTION MODS

Can we please move this thread now to the comedy forum? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And anyone expecting them to sound as good as they did over 25 years ago is in for a disappointment. The music might be on the money but it won't have that angry wild not giving a fuc attitude to it.

I have to agree, unfortunately. Axl sounds horrific these days (and has done for a long time really), & it's hard to imagine they'll get anywhere near the level of attitude & energy that made them such an incredible band back yonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

scudzilla wrote: »
    ATTENTION MODS

Can we please move this thread now to the comedy forum? :pac:
    I think this thread should be locked and a footnote included to remind people that this is 2015 and G 'n' R have no place in it. For a band with a seminal debut album they have left a pathetic legacy behind them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I think this thread should be locked and a footnote included to remind people that this is 2015 and G 'n' R have no place in it. For a band with a seminal debut album they have left a pathetic legacy behind them.

Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I think this thread should be locked
    I dont.
    and a footnote included to remind people that this is 2015
    Id say everyone posting knows that.
    and G 'n' R have no place in it.
    Even if they didnt, discussion certainly has. For those not interested, dont look.
    For a band with a seminal debut album they have left a pathetic legacy behind them.
    Yes, the wheels came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I honestly wonder what 2016 could bring for GNR. I don't know anymore whether they'd even benefit from another new studio album.

Back in 2002 it was all about the infamous nature of this unreleased album and the riots started because of the late appearances onstage.

Really, GNR have done it all now in the last few years once again, save for perhaps a full scale US tour again in big arenas...they're "good behaviour" has led to less media friendly coverage then ever before. The fact is that GNR only seem to be fuelled when there is something to speculate about. I have a number of Kerrang magazines from the early 90's in fairly decent condition and the covers are particularly littered with Axl Rose and Metallica interviews...I have the issue where he did his infamous interview with Mick Wall that led to Mick being mentioned on 'Get In The Ring' - but back in those days you couldn't survive a week without another GNR rumour.

Now...not so much...

If the band were to "leak" some of the new songs they've been working on that have never been released, perhaps that would spark something, but if not I think they've reached their ceiling.

I recently purchased a red hand Chinese Democracy on CD for £250 (or whatever that is in Euro) from a guy in California. My parents thought I was mad - they agreed to look after it for a little while when I was moving house - and I was frankly astonished I got this version of the album so cheap! I remember when that "mistake" was first discovered, and they were going for a thousand and what not. The album means something to me, this particular version especially, but beyond collector's value has little significance I'd imagine.

Come to think of it, I don't even own a CD player anymore....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Given your user name Motley Crue, do you remember the bust up Axl had with Vince Neil? It came to a stage where one was challenging the other to a televised fight :D You just don't get that these days......

edit found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjORBEhQ6m0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I recently purchased a red hand Chinese Democracy on CD....

What is this?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    What is this?

This is the Red Hand cover..

24w83zs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Irish glamour sites her.ie, the liberal etc are reporting about a potential reunion tour.

People getting excited all ready, get the oil out for the wheels on the bandwagon lol

This is the Red Hand cover..

24w83zs.png

Is indeed. Once I get it all sorted I'll take a few photographs or a video and post it up here. Lovely piece, artistically

Is indeed. Once I get it all sorted I'll take a few photographs or a video and post it up here. Lovely piece, artistically

Aye it is, have it as the album art on iTunes, quiet a few different covers on Google Images.. Would have preferred the Red Hand or the Grenade cover instead of the cover the was OK'd..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Irish glamour sites her.ie, the liberal etc are reporting about a potential reunion tour.

People getting excited all ready, get the oil out for the wheels on the bandwagon lol

That's a Glastonbury 2016 headliner sorted then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They're making a story out of absolutely nothing. Click bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

It would make my (musical) life to see the full line up live! First band I ever got into when I was about 9 years old. love them to this day!

seachto7 wrote: »
    They're making a story out of absolutely nothing. Click bait.

And yet gullible suckers fall for it, every single time..

And yet gullible suckers fall for it, every single time..

Not one original or current member of guns n roses has said anything about a reunion tour

Have a feeling axel will make a statement saying no reunion

shansey wrote: »
    It would make my (musical) life to see the full line up live! First band I ever got into when I was about 9 years old. love them to this day!

This includes, for the record, Steven Adler?

I mean this particular original line up only ever made one album (Lies was two EP's thrown together at the label's insistence)

I'm always curious when people say they would "give their insert prized body part here" to see the "original line up of Guns N' Roses" what they actually mean, or what would really suffice

I mean, if Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff walked onstage and they brought some young buck with them behind the drumkit, would you kick off because it wasn't THE original lineup and refuse to go? Or go and kick off online?

Likewise, if it were Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby Clarke and then maybe Dizzy, Chris Pitman, Ron Thal and Frank Ferrer and they mixed it up a bit between old and "current" line up, would you still refuse to purchase a ticket because Izzy wasn't there? Or would you buy one knowing, and accepting, that Izzy is only ever likely to come on for a handful of songs anyway and probably won't play a full gig...

One memory I have from Guns N' Roses was in 2006. I went to Wembley Arena to see them two nights in a row. On the first night I ended up leaving (because of the lack of public transport) about 40/50 minutes into their set to get back to my hostel. I went on the second night but when I turned up there was a lot of talk of tube strikes and problems so I sold my ticket to a guy on the door, took the cash and went off into London

On that first night, as I was leaving the building, this was the song being performed - the only time they ever performed this track - I was singing it all evening

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

This includes, for the record, Steven Adler?

I mean this particular original line up only ever made one album (Lies was two EP's thrown together at the label's insistence)

I'm always curious when people say they would "give their insert prized body part here" to see the "original line up of Guns N' Roses" what they actually mean, or what would really suffice

I mean, if Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff walked onstage and they brought some young buck with them behind the drumkit, would you kick off because it wasn't THE original lineup and refuse to go? Or go and kick off online?

Likewise, if it were Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby Clarke and then maybe Dizzy, Chris Pitman, Ron Thal and Frank Ferrer and they mixed it up a bit between old and "current" line up, would you still refuse to purchase a ticket because Izzy wasn't there? Or would you buy one knowing, and accepting, that Izzy is only ever likely to come on for a handful of songs anyway and probably won't play a full gig...

One memory I have from Guns N' Roses was in 2006. I went to Wembley Arena to see them two nights in a row. On the first night I ended up leaving (because of the lack of public transport) about 40/50 minutes into their set to get back to my hostel. I went on the second night but when I turned up there was a lot of talk of tube strikes and problems so I sold my ticket to a guy on the door, took the cash and went off into London

On that first night, as I was leaving the building, this was the song being performed - the only time they ever performed this track - I was singing it all evening

Not sure if Adler would be up to the gig anymore. you do pose a tricky question.. I think I would be ok with it if Matt Sorum played drums and if Gilby replaced Izzy. Would prefer Izzy for the couple of songs he sang. Basically any mix of the appetite/use your illusions albums would keep me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

shansey wrote: »
    Not sure if Adler would be up to the gig anymore. you do pose a tricky question.. I think I would be ok with it if Matt Sorum played drums and if Gilby replaced Izzy. Would prefer Izzy for the couple of songs he sang. Basically any mix of the appetite/use your illusions albums would keep me happy!

So that's basically the use your illusion line up doing what they did from 91 to 93 ? I'd be cool with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think I read somewhere that Sorum has said he wouldn't be happy with doing a reunion tour unless Adler was involved someway, I'd say it's be 2 drummers, with Adler playing the Appetite songs.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Given your user name Motley Crue, do you remember the bust up Axl had with Vince Neil? It came to a stage where one was challenging the other to a televised fight :D You just don't get that these days......

edit found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjORBEhQ6m0

wwe or wcw could of done it on one there ppvs. imagine Hulk hogan in Axls corner and some like ric flair in vinces corner.

it was all a bit silly and cocaine filled rivalry

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wwe or wcw could of done it on one there ppvs. imagine Hulk hogan in Axls corner and some like ric flair in vinces corner.

it was all a bit silly and cocaine filled rivalry

That would be incredible. Vince could use the money. He'll no doubt spend what he earns on this last European jaunt by the middle of next year.

Advertisement