Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Matts saving whales or shaving them. I don't like Matt sorum being honest. I mean he's a good drummer but he comes across as an arrogant bastard.

If anyone has seen the VH1 special that was done when VR were being formed you'll know that Matt didn't come across in the best light and was really negative to the point where duff pulled him on it and had a go at him about it.

Aye he's busy saving whales or something along those lines, he did come across as an arrogant knob in that VR special when the first started, and Duff was right to pull him up on it..

He could've easily changed his ways since that special..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just want to see the original line up . I knw it's good there talking again but it's very irrelevant to our life's unless they do a tour

I'd kill to see the classic line up, only thing a tour would depend on is Axl, he's been hit or miss vocals wise the last few years, and his weight, he needs to hit the gym burn off the fat, and while he's at it, get rid of that damn ugly Hogan moustache he has going on....

Then again, he hasn't been seen in public since the residency wrapped last June, so who knows what he's done in that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »

IF they reformed do you really think they'd do a festival in Australia, not a hope, if it happened they'd do their own shows (stadiums) so have total control of all revenue

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    IF they reformed do you really think they'd do a festival in Australia, not a hope, if it happened they'd do their own shows (stadiums) so have total control of all revenue

Yeah a festival does seem kinda ludicrous to start a reunion with, IF it happens, it should be more grass roots, build it up with club shows then tackle the stadiums..

Also Richard Fortus said this in an interview 2 days ago.
    next year is gonna be a big sur....year for Guns N Roses.

Make of it what you will..

croke park summer 2016 would be epic Guns N Roses with Faith No More and Alter Bridge as support.

Would Faith No More really be keen on opening for a reformed GN'R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

PTH2009 wrote: »
    croke park summer 2016 would be epic Guns N Roses with Faith No More and Alter Bridge as support.
    It's kind of insulting lumping Faith No More in with Guns 'n' Roses and Alter Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Mike Patton would sooner die than play support to GNR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Red King wrote: »
    Mike Patton would sooner die than play support to GNR

Supported them at Slane.

There is that story he took a Sh1t in Axls orange juice though :D

Supported them at Slane.
    My my has so much happened in the past 23 years. One frontman became respected as an eclectic and multi-talented artist, while the other became a pathetic joke.

if the original line up do get back together Axl will no longer have the power he had with the new guns n roses.

if the original line up do get back together Axl will no longer have the power he had with the new guns n roses.

That would in itself be a nightmare for anyone to handle, different management for all the guys...

Bought a 3d Bly Ray of guns n roses live at the hard Rock. 3d is average at best performance is good

Can't see this version of axl rose fitting in with slash and the rest of the original Gnr.

Appetite For Democracy was ****. Axl's vocals were terrible..

And Steven ''Popcorn'' Adler has gotten wind of Slash and Axl burying the hatchet...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-2/

He's held onto the reunion dream for dear life since he was formally booted from the band in July 1990.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Appetite- best debut album of all time

It wasn't even the best debut album in 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yes

No

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Funny thing to come onto a Guns N Roses thread to say :-D

It would definitely be in my top 5 albums of all time never mind debut albums.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Funny thing to come onto a Guns N Roses thread to say :-D

It would definitely be in my top 5 albums of all time never mind debut albums.
    Would the Metallica thread have been more suitable?

But if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, I'd rank it the third best debut album of 1987 just behind Scum by Napalm Death and The Ultra-Violence by Death Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Appetite For Democracy was ****. Axl's vocals were terrible..

I believe they were strongarmed into releasing that, in lieu of a lawsuit, the fact it came out so many years after the original gig and that the original cinema showings were halted would suggest this

Well Slash's brother Ash is AGAINST a reunion.

12011216_935765729826591_8835829877368949103_n.jpg?oh=c4b66f6101d47b4725f31ad022b5fe2d&oe=56AAD772&__gda__=1450748611_44d363adbe580dcf3131f083eb10e3bd

Well Slash's brother Ash is AGAINST a reunion.

12011216_935765729826591_8835829877368949103_n.jpg?oh=c4b66f6101d47b4725f31ad022b5fe2d&oe=56AAD772&__gda__=1450748611_44d363adbe580dcf3131f083eb10e3bd
    id say hes a gentleman.

i could see a led zepplin 2005 type reunion for gnr where they will do one big concert.

i saw the new Gnr in 2010 (shambles of a show) and 2012 and slash in 2010 in vicar street. so i saw who i wanted to see from the old gnr no disrespect to the rest of the old band but if the old gnr did get back together and play ireland ill be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Sounds like Slash got wind of his brothers rant...and told him to stfu

After his words were picked up by the media, Hudson once again took to his Facebook page and posted the following message:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.

"I am sorry I shot my mouth off. I know, or should know, better than to get involved in GN'R business.

"It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

"Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.

"To the rest of the world, I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough... Again, my apologies."

So Slash and Axl have buried the hatchet. DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson & Bumblefoot leave the band and now Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight....

Hmmmm

Red King wrote: »
    Sounds like Slash got wind of his brothers rant...and told him to stfu

So Slash and Axl have buried the hatchet. DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson & Bumblefoot leave the band and now Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight....

Hmmmm
    so guns n roses could look like this in 2016

Axl Rose- Vocals
    Slash- Guitar
    Richard Fourtus-Guitar
    Duff- Bass
    Frank Ferrer- Drums
    Chris Pitman and Dizzy Reed- Keyboards

they will prob bring izzy or Gilby Clarke back and stephen adler or matt sourom. They would need to be a whole new image change.

i wonder if a reunion tour does take place will axl admit that the chinese democrazy era was a mess ???

so guns n roses could look like this in 2016

Axl Rose- Vocals
    Slash- Guitar
    Richard Fourtus-Guitar
    Duff- Bass
    Frank Ferrer- Drums
    Chris Pitman and Dizzy Reed- Keyboards

they will prob bring izzy or Gilby Clarke back and stephen adler or matt sourom. They would need to be a whole new image change.

i wonder if a reunion tour does take place will axl admit that the chinese democrazy era was a mess ???

If there was to be a reunion tour, i definitely wouldn't have Frank or Chris Pitman involved, would rather Matt or Steven behind the drum kit, Dizzy can handle the keyboards on his own.

I think, somewhere deep down, Axl knows Chinese was a mess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

It'll have to be the original GnR, or the original GnR with Matt Sorum on drums or nothing.

There's no point to half the original line up and a couple from the Chinese era.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine the reunion line up would be something like this

Axl, Slash, Richard Fortus or Gilby Clarke (if Izzy ain't interested), Dizzy, Steven & Matt take the drum stool, Steven for the Appetite stuff, Matt for the UYI material..

Advertisement