Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

85181210.jpg

Gonna bring Given in I'd say.

Need a new manager too!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

my dealing is done for the day. got a full prem league 11 now.
    jaaskelainen
    bosingwa lescott king ekotto
    hargreaves
    larsson petrov
    nolan
    saha ba
    nothin spectacular but itl get me started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

^^ Definitely need new manager. They don't add anything unless same nationality / their formation :( Good luck with the Irish team! I didn't find them fun to play as last year but best of luck!

Caught between trying to get coins and trying to build squads. I have a bronze English team (anyone who plays in A N-Power division) which needs subs, and starting a Serie A squad. Don't trust the 40 rated goalkeeper - looks like he belongs in Under-12s and I may stick a striker in there who may be more reliable :D

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hmJLKzL1bbrGJ - Serie A

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#qpQhAqEfbbrGO - N Power

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    ^^ Definitely need new manager. They don't add anything unless same nationality / their formation :( Good luck with the Irish team! I didn't find them fun to play as last year but best of luck!

Caught between trying to get coins and trying to build squads. I have a bronze English team (anyone who plays in A N-Power division) which needs subs, and starting a Serie A squad. Don't trust the 40 rated goalkeeper - looks like he belongs in Under-12s and I may stick a striker in there who may be more reliable :D

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hmJLKzL1bbrGJ - Serie A

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#qpQhAqEfbbrGO - N Power

Any idea how Trapatoni would do? Would the fact that he's Italian make him worse than Stephen Kenny?

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Any idea how Trapatoni would do? Would the fact that he's Italian make him worse than Stephen Kenny?

Just got him for 200 coins. No increase in chemistry. Seems stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got these in my 2 starter packs - Fred from Fluminense(79), Daniele De Rossi from Roma(83), Rafael from Hertha(76), Denilson from Sao Paulo(76) and Konstantin Rausch from Hannover(76).

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Just got him for 200 coins. No increase in chemistry. Seems stupid

Has to be same nationality as team or the formation that you are using. It is a little strange alright that the national manager has no impact, but that's FIFA....Fairly limited pool of managers it seems too.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got Duffer for 350 coins. He joins Cudicini, J.Evans, Anderson and Leon Osman (didnt buy him lol) in my team going for a Barclays PL XI, only including players I like. I got Leon Osman in a pack so stuck him in.

Going for a Spanish XI myself at the moment (Obviously not the lads that actually start for the national team - That would cost a fair bit :D)

So far I have:
    LM - Capel
    CM - Thiago
    CM - Martinez

ST - Bojan

I want to get Cazorla and Roberto Soldado to complete the midfield and the front two

Ill need to actually get the game and play some games though to get them haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Not havin much look with UT so far! My 3 gifts have been two mini silver packs and 500 coins. Currently my best player is Hummels, then I guess Belluschi, and then it really starts to trail off :(

Havnt even managed to sell anyone to raise some funds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

My Current team... have a 79 I got in my original gold back on sale also along with a 75, so hoping to get about 800 or more coins for the 2 of them. Once I get a striker to slot in, and maybe a spanish keeper, I will then start saving coins, and buying stuff like contracts, fitness cards etc. Need to get a spanish manager too...

What you think?

r0zfU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sold De Rossi for 3,500 and sold a few others to bring my balance up to around 4.2k. So since I had 2 Brazilians already I said I'd try to throw a team together....sort of failed because I ran out of coins :o

ut1_2.png

CyberWaste wrote: »
    My Current team... have a 79 I got in my original gold back on sale also along with a 75, so hoping to get about 800 or more coins for the 2 of them. Once I get a striker to slot in, and maybe a spanish keeper, I will then start saving coins, and buying stuff like contracts, fitness cards etc. Need to get a spanish manager too...

What you think?

http://i.imgur.com/r0zfU.jpg

I burst out laughing when I saw Pat Devlin as manager. Priceless :D

This is how my spanish team is coming along.

LB - Capdevila

LM - Capel
    CM - Thiago
    CM - Javi Martinez
    RM - Joaquin (Sp?)

ST - Bojan
    ST - Raul

Couldn't afford Cazorla or Soldado

That's basically all I can do with my team till I get the game because i'm out of coins unless I get some good "free daily gifts"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads,

First season that I'm going to give Ultimate Team a proper bash so I just have a few questions?

1) Is it possible to get a decent team without spending a penny on packs?

2) What should I be looking to do to create a decent team? It seems that most people go for a team of the same nationality or from the same league rather than a mix of better players, I presume there's a reason for this?

3) Is it better to play games against the computer or online with your Ultimate Team?

4) Just from messing around with it tonight I see the likes of Adriano and Zhirkov popping up for sale time and time again. Any particular reason why lots of people are trying to flog the same players off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads,

First season that I'm going to give Ultimate Team a proper bash so I just have a few questions?

1) Is it possible to get a decent team without spending a penny on packs?

2) What should I be looking to do to create a decent team? It seems that most people go for a team of the same nationality or from the same league rather than a mix of better players, I presume there's a reason for this?

3) Is it better to play games against the computer or online with your Ultimate Team?

4) Just from messing around with it tonight I see the likes of Adriano and Zhirkov popping up for sale time and time again. Any particular reason why lots of people are trying to flog the same players off?

1) Yep, I rarely bother with packs, I just buy players in auctions. I find it better. But the allure to buying packs is there, since you COULD get a really good player, but its not that common too.

2) We buy players with same nationality/league they play in etc. as it brings the chemistry up. Chemistry basically means that the lower it is, the more poor passes and mistakes your players make.

3) I just play online as I think you get more coins, but not sure. You can win some cups against the computer for big coins, which I advise doing at the start, but once their won, thats it. You cant keep replaying them.

4) No reason really, they are just common players in packs I assume, and these people selling them dont want/need them. If you search for a specific player, you will see lots of the same sales of them. Unless its Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tinie wrote: »
    1) Yep, I rarely bother with packs, I just buy players in auctions. I find it better. But the allure to buying packs is there, since you COULD get a really good player, but its not that common too.

2) We buy players with same nationality/league they play in etc. as it brings the chemistry up. Chemistry basically means that the lower it is, the more poor passes and mistakes your players make.

3) I just play online as I think you get more coins, but not sure. You can win some cups against the computer for big coins, which I advise doing at the start, but once their won, thats it. You cant keep replaying them.

4) No reason really, they are just common players in packs I assume, and these people selling them dont want/need them. If you search for a specific player, you will see lots of the same sales of them. Unless its Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

Cheers for that, very detailed and informative response.

I can see how addictive it can get, I've been messing around for the last hour or so and the whole auction thing is really good. The highest price player I've seen up for auction is a David Villa at 230,000 coins.

I've got quite a few Spanish players in my free packs, so I'm going to try and build a team of Spanish internationals/La Liga players.

Dunno if it's been changed, but in 11 you were always allowed replay tournaments. Most tournaments have conditions regarding squad composition and number of trophies won. CPU gives easy points at start.

Very possible to build a team without buying packs. Play games and buy people or play the trading game. Some people making amazing profits on trades but it takes some work!

🤪

I try to build teams without buying packs but its just so tempting when you have 5000 coins and you think there's a chance of getting Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo etc

Then you open the pack and get your 12th Anton Ferdinand card :eek:

GK- Cudicini

RB- O'Shea
    CB- J.Evans
    CB-
    LB-

RM- Duff
    CM- Anderson
    CM-
    LM- Osman

ST- Pavlyuchenko
    ST-

Need to fill in the gaps. Trying to shift Pandiani, Pandev and Osman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

GK -
    RB - O'Shea
    CB - Brown
    CB - Smalling
    LB -
    RM - Coleman
    CM - Ireland
    CM - Diaby
    LM -
    ST - Doyle
    ST -

I've also got Diego Capel and Sergio Canales. The lads I want to complete my starting team all go for way more than I can afford. Hopefully I can get 2500 as a daily gift tomorrow....

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I've also got Diego Capel and Sergio Canales. The lads I want to complete my starting team all go for way more than I can afford. Hopefully I can get 2500 as a daily gift tomorrow....

I got 500 coins today for my gift :( :pac:

I got 500 coins today for my gift :( :pac:

Count yourself lucky, I got 250....

Ive been selling everyone who isnt going to be playing for my EPL team (apart from 6 bronze subs), and have bought Kev Doyle and Chung Yong Lee.

Have 500 coins and need a LB and CB. Have no way of income now unless I get a nice daily gift.

Whats the best card you've (anyone on here) gotten in a pack if you can remember?

Got an in form Neuer in last years UT.

Think I sold it for 87,000 coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Whats the best card you've (anyone on here) gotten in a pack if you can remember?

Best iv got was 88 Berbatov (Team of the Year)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Believe it or not, I got Messi last year and in the same pack I got Maicon!

I got Forlan (86 I think) on FUT09.

Actually, thats the only time I remember getting a player 80+ in a pack, except Olic in my starter pack for FUT12. He only sold for 1,00....

Got Tevez last year.

Daily gifts this time around have been pretty poor. Think I have three mini bronze packs on the trot. Collective value of about 80 coins :(

🤪

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I got Messi last year and in the same pack I got Maicon!

Must of got some coins if you sold Messi?

Advertisement