Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Somewhere in the city that sells jeans with a waist of 33inches and a leg of 34 inches. Everywhere has 32/34 or 34/34 and I am exactly in between sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Somewhere in the city that sells jeans with a waist of 33inches and a leg of 34 inches. Everywhere has 32/34 or 34/34 and I am exactly in between sizes.

Just eat in Mc donalds for a week. Its on shop street.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I thought most jean manufacturers sold in even sizes. If you want an in-between size you might need to get the next size up & then take them to one of the sewing adjustment places around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Im similar but just always do with the 34 and find them grand. Stevolendes suggestion would be the next best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

34/34 + a belt? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Possibly http://www.geraghtys.ie/. I've gotten a 33 leg there before

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Sturdy bunker for coal and briquettes

2/3/4 bag one to either fit in the garden or the wodden shed. Sick of picking them out of the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

Is there anywhere in Galway that sells wicker or cane conservatory furniture?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

andy85wsm wrote: »

Woodys DIY always have a big range. The branch at Well Park is a better store than the Headford Road one IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi folks,

Is there anywhere in Galway that sells wicker or cane conservatory furniture?
    Ring www.cane-rattan-furniture.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Folks,
    See attached photo.

The piece at the bottom of the zip broke off. It's the small metal piece that guides one zip into the other, and then you zip up (great explination I know)

I have the old broken piece so I know what size I need. Can anyone put me in the right direction here? It's not off a jacket so kind hard to bring it into a shop, but can do if needs be.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

how about the Singer shop on Middle St.? www.singerco.co.uk/roi.html

or Hickeys upstairs in the Eyre SC

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

I'm thinking locksmith in corbett court/eyre sq. shopping cnt. I think they repair luggage also, but only a guess.

Thanks guys, will give these places a look in the morning (just realised the time, won't get back to town before 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

You could try the Zip Yard on Merchants Rd. They do all sorts of alterations so might have them in stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Woman who does this stuff above Fahy Foto ( or above next door to Fahy Foto) , very nice and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am pretty certain that you will have to replace the zip or work around it. I don't think that you can get spares. If you can get the zip fastened then you can put some stitches or a small zip tie to hold it together. You will still be able to operate the zip but not separate the two halves.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

At last, a glimpse of the Doomsday Machine!

Robbo wrote: »
    At last, a glimpse of the Doomsday Machine!

I can't go Nuclear without this zip in place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hey locals,

anyone know if there is anywhere I can get Kony bracelet in Uk or Ireland or even better still Galway? Was hoping they might have a box of them on some of the counter tops in local shops? The shipping is very expensive from the states, minimum $20.

For those of you who don't know what a kony bracelet is ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Thanks in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

New Look

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

There is a new store which sells them on shop
    street. Ficklemind, I think it is called

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anyone know where I could get a cheapish cigar cutter in town? Something like this one:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31aE14IhqaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

-Vega- wrote: »
    Hey locals,

anyone know if there is anywhere I can get Kony bracelet in Uk or Ireland or even better still Galway? Was hoping they might have a box of them on some of the counter tops in local shops? The shipping is very expensive from the states, minimum $20.

For those of you who don't know what a kony bracelet is ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Thanks in advance.

I asked a friend of mine when I was checking boards today, as I heard him mention Kony, but I hadn't paid much attention.

He sent me this!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey guys.. I Just moved to Galway and my new place has no TV! I was gonna get a second hand one then said feck it... i'll just get a new one.. Problem is i don't have a car and Argos only deliver selected items... I'll have to buy from an electrical dealer so they can deliver. What's my best bet in the city. I've found a curry's alright on headford street i think.. Any more suggestions? I'll be heading in tomorrow for a look..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Flynn wrote: »
    Hey guys.. I Just moved to Galway and my new place has no TV! I was gonna get a second hand one then said feck it... i'll just get a new one.. Problem is i don't have a car and Argos only deliver selected items... I'll have to buy from an electrical dealer so they can deliver. What's my best bet in the city. I've found a curry's alright on headford street i think.. Any more suggestions? I'll be heading in tomorrow for a look..

Cheers

Find the best value TV you like, call a hackney/taxi and bobs your uncle !! Where are you living (Roughly) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

should check out adverts.ie or jumbletown first, people are always getting rid of decent old (+3 years old) TVs, have an old one myself (20+ years!) that I've never managed to drop to the recycling van but there should be a good few floating around unless you're getting the TV delirium tremens!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

andy85wsm wrote: »

I live in spiddal tho...! so itsan extra 30 bucks! would currys deliver no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement