Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Seeking a 1l flask around €5, to contain hot liquids. Tesco UK sell them for £4, but Tesco here don't stock them. Checked Millets as well they wanted €12, I said no.

Also a bargain on wd-40 required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Stouffer wrote: »
    Have been Googling around for amateur musician groups or workshops in Galway to no avail - anyone know of something like this?

What kind of music? If it is trad, www.dustybanjos.com/ might suit? They seem to have 'not-quite' beginner classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Hi, i'm looking for a good dry cleaner for a suit. has anyone got any recommendations? I'd be looking out round westside or around the NUIG. Preferably a quick turnaround, drop off tuesday afternoon, pickup wednesday sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eveya

snubbleste wrote: »
    Seeking a 1l flask around €5, to contain hot liquids. Tesco UK sell them for £4, but Tesco here don't stock them. Checked Millets as well they wanted €12, I said no.

Also a bargain on wd-40 required.

Tesco in Galway Shopping Centre have a Thermos 1Ltr Glass-lined Flask for €7 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Dry cleaner beside Dunnes in Westside - always found them good. Also a service out of corner shop besdie Cookes pub on Cookes corner but no idea what is like.....

• Advertisement

Pretty much as the title suggests - does anyone know where I might purchase a plug-in ionizer or an air filter, that could be used in a bedroom? I'd rather try the bricks 'n' mortar shop first before checking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Does anyone have any experience with somewhere around town that fixes tablet computers? The charging port on mine is broken and I'm looking for somewhere reliable to get it fixed. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for Haggis in Galway city or county. Anyone seen it for sale anywhere this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If its vegetarian haggis you are looking for you can usually get it in Evergreen.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience with somewhere around town that fixes tablet computers? The charging port on mine is broken and I'm looking for somewhere reliable to get it fixed. Thanks.

Dont know about reliable but there is a place across from TKMaxx that offer no fix no fee on computers. Dont know if they do tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Try laptek on eyre street they fix laptops, not sure about tabs but no harm checking them out, I know a few people that have used them and they were happy with the service

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Anyone know of anywhere that sells jam jars, or any type of small glass jars in Galway? Only looking about ten so the wholesale places online won't do.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Winston79 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that sells jam jars, or any type of small glass jars in Galway? Only looking about ten so the wholesale places online won't do.

Thanks!

Would these nifty little pupppies do?

Glass_jar_with_clip.jpg

They sell small enough versions of them in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

jollylee wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking for Haggis in Galway city or county. Anyone seen it for sale anywhere this week?

Just saw it on Sunday in Marks and Spencers. The only place in town that I have seen it. Let us know if it is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

aw wrote: »
    Just saw it on Sunday in Marks and Spencers. The only place in town that I have seen it. Let us know if it is nice!
    Just take note that it only comes in for Burns Night which was during the week so will probably be gone already. Give them a call and they could hold it if any is left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Anyone know where maternity tights that don't cost 80Euro can be bought???!!! The price of them in some of the maternity boutiques is something shocking, considering that non-maternity tights are only a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Would these nifty little pupppies do?

They sell small enough versions of them in tesco.

Those are the very ones i need, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Hopefully this thread is the right place to ask, where can I find a pawn shop in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Cash Converters is on Mary St., which opens off Eglinton St.

• Advertisement

ladhrann wrote: »
    Cash Converters is on Mary St., which opens off Eglinton St.

According to there website they are out of business?:(
    I'll go for a look tomorrow, see if the store is still open.
    If not though is there anywhere else round eyre square I can find a pawnbroker?

Its still there. Another one across from whatever the Lions Tower on Eglinton St is called now and another beside O Connells on Eyre Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

there is also one in the liosban industrial estate, across from the go-kart place/Galway Tyre centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Anyone know where maternity tights that don't cost 80Euro can be bought???!!! The price of them in some of the maternity boutiques is something shocking, considering that non-maternity tights are only a fiver.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/love-label-80-denier-black-maternity-tights-2-pack/960163840.prd

I'd say New Look might even have them when they have a maternity section.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lex123

planning a 30th birthday night away for my friend,all girls,what would be the best places to go in galway city,an were to stay for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

niamhocxox wrote: »
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/love-label-80-denier-black-maternity-tights-2-pack/960163840.prd

I'd say New Look might even have them when they have a maternity section.

I wouldn't be buying the littlewoodsireland ones going by the reviews

there is also one in the liosban industrial estate, across from the go-kart place/Galway Tyre centre
    I tried out this one seeing as it's on my way from work and it was closed and there was a big van parked right up to the door..it looks like they're moving out or moving new stuff in:confused:
    I'm off tomorrow so hopefully the other ones mentioned are open

• Registered Users Posts: 16 burglecutt

Hi!

Wondering if anyone knows where I could chicken liver or pork liver for making pate? Tried a few butchers but haven't been successful so far

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

Have got chicken liver in divillys in westside, was Christmas before last but I'm sure they still sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

H&M do them. Nearest is Athlone though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement