Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Anyone know where i could get gripe water in galway city/county?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Interested to hear on the gripe water as my mother claims it's not to be found here anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'd try o beirns pharmacy in Henry street, failing that evergreens in the headford rd shopping centre or healthwise on abbegate st. are the likely candidates. Not certain mind, just best guess.:)

Edit: Actually scratch that, aroma foods beside aldi in westside apparently have it according to a quick google. Great shop, that aroma foods, is there anything they don't have!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'd try o beirns pharmacy in Henry street, failing that evergreens in the headford rd shopping centre or healthwise on abbegate st. are the likely candidates. Not certain mind, just best guess.:)

Did O'Beirns change hands a year ago? Or different family members running it. It has completely changed inside, and I never see the pharmacists I used to the odd time I've popped in. T

The health shop in the back is gone, it was one of the main reasons I'd pop in walking by - does anyone know if the lady who ran it (her name escapes me)is set up elsewhere? She did a great range of essential oils too at great prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

Krieg wrote: »

The gripe water sold in the republic has no alcohol in it anymore and it is pretty useless. I got my sister to get it for me when she was up the north a few weeks back, its the old reliable one and is working a charm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Krieg wrote: »

Not being funny or smart.

What is Gripe Water?

I know its for babies, but what does it do ?

Serious.

I know there's Google for such questions, but fuggit - I prefer to learn from Galway(ish) people.

it helps release trapped wind in babies (burping that is, not farting !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Sake sets, sake rice wine, and sushi sets? I've already tried in McCambridges and they don't seem to stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

Evergreen Healthfoods do alot of Sushi Products

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eveya

wet-paint wrote: »
    Fatguy, I am looking for x in Galway. Can you help me find x in Galway?

haha I was wondering what the heck x in Galway was myself!

• Advertisement

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Sake sets, sake rice wine, and sushi sets? I've already tried in McCambridges and they don't seem to stock it.

Tesco do Sushi stuff I think, I know they do the rice anyway.

The gripe water sold in the republic has no alcohol in it anymore and it is pretty useless. I got my sister to get it for me when she was up the north a few weeks back, its the old reliable one and is working a charm.

"Its banned in most European countries, that means it's very good!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CityofDawros

I'm looking for a shop to fix a laptop. The new place on the Docks offered me 35 Euros to fully check it out and fix any problems they find, only charging for parts. Has anybody went to these guys before or know of a good place to go?

I'm looking for a shop to fix a laptop. The new place on the Docks offered me 35 Euros to fully check it out and fix any problems they find, only charging for parts. Has anybody went to these guys before or know of a good place to go?

Haven't been to them myself, but computer repair guys are like car mechanics, be very careful! Make sure they call you before they go installing new parts and charging you a fortune! Sometimes its just cheaper to buy a new computer or 2nd hand which is actually the best value. I got my laptop off ebay over 3 years ago and I was delighted with it!

eveya wrote: »
    Haven't been to them myself, but computer repair guys are like car mechanics, be very careful! Make sure they call you before they go installing new parts and charging you a fortune! Sometimes its just cheaper to buy a new computer or 2nd hand which is actually the best value. I got my laptop off ebay over 3 years ago and I was delighted with it!
    Of course I'll have them contact me before installing new parts. I'd be more wary buying a laptop from ebay myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I dont know anything about computers but the newish place across from TKMaxx are offering free troubleshooting and no fix no fee if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Doc Ruby wrote: »

Wa café on Middle St, and another Japanese café on New Dock Rd., sell saké etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lapin wrote: »
    Not being funny or smart.

What is Gripe Water?

I know its for babies, but what does it do ?

Makes the kid drunk, so they forget they've got wind and go to sleep. Or at least the version that you can't get here any more for a damn good reason worked that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

Looking to find somewhere that sells mousepads in Galway City preferably of the Non-Hello Kitty variety ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maplin, PC World, Currys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Any Barbers open on a sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

h2005 wrote: »
    Any Barbers open on a sunday?

Headford Road shopping centre, there is a small barbers on the Tesco entrance near the fruit and veg shop that opens on a Sunday, has a red shop front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

ladhrann wrote: »
    Wa café on Middle St, and another Japanese café on New Dock Rd., sell saké etc.
    They were pricing the sake bottles at restaurant prices, starting around €30 and up, I went back to McCambridges and they had them in stock this time, €12 for a lovely rice wine. That offie out in westside has them too.

Still can't find any sake sets or sushi serving sets though, I'd really rather shop local than order them in from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anybody know a butchers that do nice beef & pork sausages? Spicy/herby would be a bonus.
    Or even Boerewors ?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Anybody know a butchers that do nice beef & pork sausages? Spicy/herby would be a bonus.
    Or even Boerewors ?

The South African guy in the market who sells borewors will sell them to you raw. Not sure on the price but they are damn good, best hangover cure in Galway IMO. He also sells the spicy garlic sauce he puts on them for around 2 Euro a jar

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

JustMary wrote: »
    Makes the kid drunk, so they forget they've got wind and go to sleep. Or at least the version that you can't get here any more for a damn good reason worked that way.

Ha, I've never heard such rubbish. Have you ever used it? I have given it to my kids over the years and none of them have ever gotten drunk off it, have always burped within a minute of drinking it and have never gone to sleep afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Stouffer

Have been Googling around for amateur musician groups or workshops in Galway to no avail - anyone know of something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swine

Any ideas where to get a cook book stand in Galway? Argos was my first thought but not seeing anything on their site. Thanks.

• Advertisement

swine wrote: »
    Any ideas where to get a cook book stand in Galway? Argos was my first thought but not seeing anything on their site. Thanks.

Woodies definitely have them, seen them there, but they're between €15 - €20 I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement