Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customer perceptions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

The company Customer Perceptions operates under is Optimum Results LTD. From my experience any contact made with regards to payment will not be responded to.

If you have an issue email XXXX - Director Quality Standards & Ethics
    Governor MSPA Europe
    [email]XXXX[/email]

They are European Association under which they operate.

Logging a complaint with them is the best bet as they are quite a large organisation with a strong focus on ethics and standards. I imagine the Irish franchise is a couple of lazy people who are running the day to day operations and will only pay the Shoppers after they themselves have been paid, hence the long delays. I would advise anyone considering working for them to avoid it. They can only be compared with a company selling Time Share apartments in Turkey or perhaps a Bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tripthelip

pow wow wrote: »
    I've done work for them for the last 4+ years and have never had any issues. They do pay a month or two in arrears but the payments have always come.

Tripthelip, what do CP say when you get onto them re. the missing payments?
    When I phone the relevant person is never there so they take my details & say they'll get back to me which of course they don't. If I e-mail I get no reply. In August I did send an e-mail threatening legal action & that I'd use my contacts in the media to highlight their unprofessional behaviour which I actually did get a reply to funnily enough & in this reply I was promised payment but as of yet sill haven't received any payment..

dchris wrote: »
    The company Customer Perceptions operates under is Optimum Results LTD. From my experience any contact made with regards to payment will not be responded to.

If you have an issue email XXX - Director Quality Standards & Ethics
    Governor MSPA Europe
    [email]XXXX[/email]

Logging a complaint with them is the best bet as they are quite a large organisation with a strong focus on ethics and standards. I imagine the Irish franchise is a couple of lazy people who are running the day to day operations and will only pay the Shoppers after they themselves have been paid, hence the long delays. I would advise anyone considering working for them to avoid it. They can only be compared with a company selling Time Share apartments in Turkey or perhaps a Bank..
    Thank you so much for the reply I did try to find out who is the CEO of the company because it's gone beyond a joke at this stage but to no avail. I shall send an e-mail ASAP & let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

waiting on payment from them also since July initially emails were all ignored then rang ,person said he would call me back ,he didn't, sent me a general email waited till end of Sept still no pay, mailed again sent me a blank mesage, mailed again today replied with another blank message but he has managing directors name on general message so I'm going to try putting together an email for him from his name. It's ridiculous I 've done bits for others and always been paid within 2 weeks, I'm thinking of getting on to Tina Leonard about it :mad:

Hi XXXX,
    I appreciate the reply but I have sent you emails which have not been responded to as well as other staff members, at this stage I am not really concerned about the excuses as I have no intention of doing any work for you again because of this, if you cannot make payment through bank accounts then it should be sraight forward to make paypal payment.

• Advertisement

Tripthelip wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the reply I did try to find out who is the CEO of the company because it's gone beyond a joke at this stage but to no avail. I shall send an e-mail ASAP & let you know how I get on.

I emailed adubreuil@mspa-eu.org on Saturday night, and I got an email from Customer Perceptions on Monday (today) saying I have been paid and it was because my bank details were not "authorised"

The email was from [name removed - Mrs OBumble] , the representative posting here. Her apology clearly came begrudgingly

"I am very sorry for the slight delay in your payment (days)"

Whether or not my payment was (days) late as you must point out or a year late [xxx], you do not sign someone up to work for you and not pay them on time.

Furthermore there are clearly people here who have been waiting a much longer time than me for payment. The reason I was so pro-active in seeking payment was because I did not want to be carrying out further Jobs for your Customer Perceptions when you failed to make payment on time for work already carried out.

And, how dare you [xxx] , in this instance, try to belittle my complaint as being "slight" ? What makes you think it is okay not to pay people on the date that is agreed? You have an obligation when hiring people to pay them on time. The decision is not based on how you feel on a particular month. Do you understand that Ms Harte?

I would of had more respect for you if you had of apologised that you were wrong and rectified the situation. Instead you made a half hearted attempt to apologise and cloaked it in an insult.

I do not believe for an instance that :

1. My Bank details were not authorised on time-
    As you had the option to pay me by Paypal or by Electronic Transfer whereby no authorisation is necessary. Furthermore you could of contacted me to let me know if there was a problem. Common Curtsey

2. That your non reply to correspondence was not intentional-
    Clearly all correspondences in relation to late payment were purposely ignored as you cared not to deal with them at the time. I emailed 3 staff their on numerous occasions, none of which replied. It was only through contacting Alain Dubreil of MSPA that I got a response from you. And it is only when I post the same details to this Forum, that you also appear here.

3. You experienced "A truly remarkable coincidence of problems of recent times, some administrative and some technical "

It would seem a dog has been eating your homework for quite sometime. One poster on here has been waiting from May to be paid and other from July , yet emails and phone calls are ignored and they are still not paid ? Are the technical issues that you can't reply to emails regarding payment? Are the administrative issues that there is no one to answer phone calls? A truly remarkable coincidence? A quite blatant avoidance of people who are looking to be paid for work they have carried out more like.

I find it extremely worrying that your company carries out research on Customer Service for other business', when your own business practice in this area is highly questionable.

-I hope you don't mind me posting here instead of replying to your email I was trying to avoid another "truly remarkable coincidence" whereby a technical fault would cause you not to see my email for (days) (weeks) or (months)

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I emailed [email]XXXXX[/email] on Saturday night, and I got an email from Customer Perceptions on Monday (today) saying I have been paid and it was because my bank details were not "authorised"
    What does 'account not authorised' mean? You don't need to authorise anyone to make a payment INTO your bank account. Anyone can pay into any bank account, once you have the account number and sort code.

I have just been in touch with the MSPA, the representative Trade Association for companies participating in Mystery Shopping.

They have informed me that, despite Customer Perceptions using the MSPA logo on their website, they are in fact not a member of MSPA.

Has anyone here, who was awaiting payment, been sorted out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kav88

Hi
    I received the same email from XXXX saying they are not actually a member of MSPA.
    I still have not been paid, despite ringing again today for the 7th time. Its beyond a joke at this stage. Extremely angry and frustrated at the incompetence of this company to pay us.
    Not sure what else we can do...suggestions anyone?

kav88 wrote: »
    Hi
    I received the same email from XXXXl saying they are not actually a member of MSPA.
    I still have not been paid, despite ringing again today for the 7th time. Its beyond a joke at this stage. Extremely angry and frustrated at the incompetence of this company to pay us.
    Not sure what else we can do...suggestions anyone?

When were you supposed to be paid Kav?

• Advertisement

Well i did work for them in July and August so I should have been paid in full by the end of September, but have not received a penny yet. How many others have not been paid? Cannot believe they have the MSPA logo on their website when they are not a member, there is def a law against that.

What did they say when you rang them today?
    Was it XXXX you rang? - the lady who "would never like anyone to think that we are inaccessible or unwilling to engage with anyone" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I knew customer perceptions were cowboys, I did work for this idiots after they took their time in paying me.

In fact they still owe me 10euro and when the time is right I'll gladly sue them for it.

They only pay if you threaten them with legal action.

Yeh I rang Emma, but she was away from her desk..surprise surprise! Gave my num for her to call me back but nothing. She promised me last tthursday that the money would be in my account on monday..but nothing.
    Have a good mind to ring joe duffy show 2moro

kav88 wrote: »
    Yeh I rang Emma, but she was away from her desk..surprise surprise! Gave my num for her to call me back but nothing. She promised me last tthursday that the money would be in my account on monday..but nothing.
    Have a good mind to ring joe duffy show 2moro

That is shocking Kav! Considering she came on here trying to protect her company's reputation just two days ago. Not exactly practising what they preach is it.

There are a few options available to you. If you haven't had any word from them by Friday PM me!

I will do, thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I am also waiting payments for a few shops I have done!

Has anyone been paid at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

User "Emma Harte": Your post has been deleted. Please review the boards.ie terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you signed up: if you want to post here as a representative of the company, please emaill hello@boards.ie to discuss this.

The rest of you: please remember the rules about identifying information, like other people full names and anyone's email addresses. And if you notice something like this, please report it. It's a lot easier for mods to clean up things that haven't already been quoted.

/moderation

Way back at the start of the thread, I posted no more than "PM sent". The fact that someone does this, rather than posting "I've worked for them, it was fine" is a good indication that there was a problem.

In my case, I did two assignments for them in 2010, one after being personally rung and asked I could cover an out-of-the way job and being offered extra travel expenses for this. I did not get paid until after I'd emailed threatening legal action, and even then the travel expenses were missed. Same story about an "unauthorised" bank account.

They've recently given me two more shops to do.
    I don't think I'll do them until I'm paid for the ones I did two months ago.

If you have an issue email XXX - Director Quality Standards & Ethics
    Governor MSPA Europe
    [email]XXXX[/email]

I got onto MSPA & got an email back saying that customer perceptions is no longer a member of MSPA surprise surprise. I'll keep trying I'm not giving up yet because I reckon that's what they hope most people will do.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting to be paid for doing a few shops too. :( I've been waiting ages

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Norde

I have since emailed them a number of times and now they are ignoring my mails.. Its shocking that this is happening. What can we do???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mod note:

I've just merged the two threads about this company.

Please remember to keep your descriptions factual, and suggestions legal.

kav88 I think Joe Duffy is the answer. I have threatened them with legal action but still nothing. I did a meteor shop for them, if Meteor were contacted they would be horrified. In know they only owe me 15 euro but it still cost me petrol money to go 20 kilometers. I think now once and for all they need to be exposed so nobody else will have the same porblems we have

I got onto MSPA & got an email back saying that customer perceptions is no longer a member of MSPA surprise surprise. I'll keep trying I'm not giving up yet because I reckon that's what they hope most people will do.

Yes I mentioned that a few posts back that despite them having the logo on their site, they are not a member. MSPA know about it also and Customer perceptions have now taken down the logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pixie71

Ive been waiting since April and the guy I spoke to promised me several times that I would be paid. Rang again just now and Ms EH said I would be paid by end of week, Ill believe that when I see it in the bank account, I have done jobs for about 7 or 8 years with them and this is how they treat us. They'll probably go under!

I've emailed again still nothing must have sent about 20 emails at this stage, I do the odd mystery shop with 2 other companies and never a problem just in case anyone reading thinks they're all the same.

update:

just checked my bank account and got paid Monday, waiting since July but customer perceptions account was only updated today. I had sent an email the other day saying I wondered if the provider of the service I mystey shopped knew what was going on . Going to close my account with them now and hopefully the rest of you get paid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pixie71

Glad you were paid, Ill be watching out for mine, there are tonnes of jobs on their page but I doubt anyone will be applying as they know they wont get paid for ages

• Advertisement

Shock horror, I have just been paid into my Bank account. Now I won't have any more dealings with them and am going to close my account with them.. For the rest of you that are still waiting to get paid, just keep on emailing them as that is what I did.

Advertisement