Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customer perceptions

Options
  • 19-09-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

hello has anyone worked for this company.

They do mystery shopping and some other stuff.\

I applied ages ago and I sent my cv to them and today I got a mail saying I could work for them.

They want all my details and my bank account for payment purposes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tieko

I would be very cautious of any company who asks for your bank details that you have never even met or did an interview for. Give them nothing, sounds like a very big scam

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yep they're a legitimate company, been with them for over a year now. Not a lot of work overall from them but it's a handy nixer to do now and again. Super people to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

thanks for the replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

i see this crowd called Customer Perceptions Ltd advertising for mystery shoppers on adverts a lot and the dublin airport one caught my eye. seems to be a handy number, but has anyone here ever had any dealings with them and know what is involved/ what they pay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yep, they are 100% legitimate. I did some reports for them back in the day. The money isn't great though but they are professional and great to deal with. It is handy for a few extra bob, but take that 'few' as being quite literal! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

pog it wrote: »
    Yep, they are 100% legitimate. I did some reports for them back in the day. The money isn't great though but they are professional and great to deal with. It is handy for a few extra bob, but take that 'few' as being quite literal! Sorry!

cheers pog it, i think ill get in touch with them so and see what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

How did you get on pal? I was thinking about the shannon airport one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Important to be crystal clear when working at Dublin Airport what the position is regarding Car Parking - easy to assume that staff of all descriptions automatically get free parking - that assumption would be wrong !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, this isn't working as staff, it's being a mystery customer. So you park (or whatever) just like an normal customer would, and they pay you back for expenses if they were agreed as part of the contract.

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Ahh, this isn't working as staff, it's being a mystery customer. So you park (or whatever) just like an normal customer would, and they pay you back for expenses if they were agreed as part of the contract.

Oh yeah , thats what I meant - make sure expenses are fully covered , airport parking is a monster rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Well it's only if you're flying out anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnjason

Customer perceptions are very slow to pay you. I completed a few jobs in March and I still haven't been paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

I also got an email saying I qualified for the dublin airport one and to become a "mystery shopper", the email I got says
    "Once registered, please forward your bank details so that you can be set up for payment runs. Our payments are on a monthly basis. " Anyone know if it's safe to give them my bank details ? Or would getting paid through PayPal be safer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

What exactly does a mystery shopper do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

I did a few mystery shopping assignments with them and found them to be good to work for although as one of the above posters said they are quite slow to pay you. It's definitely safe to give them your bank details.

What exactly does a mystery shopper do?
    It is very varied work, from ringing up a company and rating their customer service to buying a product in a shop and rating the product and service.
    One time I had to buy a sandwich (for which you're reimbursed when you receive payment a month later) in a well known franchise and I had to take a photo of it, take a photo of the receipt and complete an online assessment. Simple enough really but not great pay.

Thing is if they're slow to pay that could leave you in a tight spot especially if you've incurred a lot of expenses like parking at the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

I got an email that said I got selected to do mystery shopping for Customer Perceptions however it will not let me apply for jobs unless I "Extend my Shopper Profile Status" which asks for my bank acc details. Does anyone that has worked with them before know anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

I've worked with them before and I had to provide my bank account details before I was able to do a mystery shop. It's essential you fill in all your details before you're allowed to do an assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 payday

I did some work for Customer Perceptions and they are very very slow to pay! I will not work with them again because of all the hassle.

• Advertisement

Slow to pay seems to be a feature of Mystery Shopping employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I recently got an email to work with them but when I signed up and did a job search, the description was you had to pay 80-100 euro in the shop (supermarket) and they pay you 50 euro and you get an extra 20 euro if you submit your report on time

I don't think its fair to be paying that much money in the store and not getting it all back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Princess3 wrote: »
    I recently got an email to work with them but when I signed up and did a job search, the description was you had to pay 80-100 euro in the shop (supermarket) and they pay you 50 euro and you get an extra 20 euro if you submit your report on time

I don't think its fair to be paying that much money in the store and not getting it all back

That's crazy, what's the point? I do mystery shopping to make money not lose money. That's crazy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Princess3 wrote: »

And you was planning on throwing away the stuff you bought instead of using/eating it? Buy food stuff (inc. long lasting stuff) for 80 EUR, submit report and get 70 EUR back. Sure sounds like a bad deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Tieko wrote: »
    I would be very cautious of any company who asks for your bank details that you have never even met or did an interview for. Give them nothing, sounds like a very big scam

Most mystery shopper companies operate like that, there's no interview, and they need your bank details to pay you. ALTHOUGH there are some companies who claim to be mystery shopping organisations and they are just scamming people right, left and centre. It just depends. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tripthelip

I did work for this company back in May 2012 & I'm still awaiting payment I've phoned & emailed & still haven't got paid but according to my account on sassie they paid me on 29th of Aug I've checked my online banking daily but no payment has gone into my account I even checked they had the right bank details & they had... I would defo not recommend them... I'll be getting onto the company's themselves that I performed the mystery shops for & telling them what an unprofessional gang of cowboys Customer Perceptions are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Sounds Dodgy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I've done work for them for the last 4+ years and have never had any issues. They do pay a month or two in arrears but the payments have always come.

Tripthelip, what do CP say when you get onto them re. the missing payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

thanks guys, I wasn't too sure about giving bank details either but going to give this a go, flying out next week so hopefully they'll have something as they're always advertising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Norde

Don't go near them.. I did a job on 6th July and still waiting to get paid. I have emailed about 6 times and was told I would get paid end of August, then after more emails I was told that they were waiting to get funds in and that I would be paid. I mean 15 euro was all they owed. Still nothing and even after saying that I would take the matter further, no response...

Advertisement