Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I swore I'd never preorder again...
    SWORE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rockstar have teamed up with Marvel to produce an Original 3 part Max Payne comic. 1st issue is out for free in a few weeks.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/27331/original-max-payne-3-comics-series-produced-by-marvel-coming-soo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 biotinforte

nice game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

sheehy83 wrote: »
    New vid showing bullet time technology, looks brilliant.

Oh man.... *drools*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dunno, bullet time is a bit last gen, doesnt look like anything that hasnt been done in other games before

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

krudler wrote: »
    I dunno, bullet time is a bit last gen, doesnt look like anything that hasnt been done in other games before

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

True, but it is hard to innovate in games like this, and bullet time is Maxs signature, so it had to be there. The video above makes it seam so seamless, fluid, and the addition of the controlable (partially) final kill cam, i reckon it will stand out from the wannabes.

Anyway, that bullet time video sold me, it really shows how the enemies react to being shot, and it looks fantastic. The final kill cam where one dude is getting shot repeatedly and falls through a pane of glass... Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gameplaywise those trailers look exactly what was served up ten years ago. I was expecting something more.

Gameplaywise those trailers look exactly what was served up ten years ago. I was expecting something more.

/Ain't broke, don't fix it :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Exactly, if it's classic Max in every respect I'll be much happier. The inclusion of MP is still worrying me tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

didn't Mp2 have multiplayer?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I wonder if I could pre order the CE of this

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wonder if I could pre order the CE of this

I doubt it. IIRC there was a cut off date in January to get the full CE.

Ok but the Gamestop.ie still has them up for pre order

Maybe they changed it after the release delay. Must check my pre-order now... play.com were charging me 134e for the same thing. Must see if they've changed....

Its 95 on the Gamestop website

Its 95 on the Gamestop website

Still 134 on play... WTF? Guess I'll be cancelling that ASAP. :P

I love how they use the same guy who does the GTA IV radio movie trailer voice overs for the one at the end of the TV trailer. "Rated R for retarded" :)

• Advertisement

Specs

Max Payne 3 PC System Specifications

Operating System:
    Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Processor:
    Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ - i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ - FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ

RAM:
    2GB - 16GB

Video Card:
    NVIDIA® 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM - Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM

Sound Card:
    100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live

HDD Space:
    35 GB

DVD Drive

That's a very odd way to give specs. Why not give minimum, recommended or higher specs?
    What the point of a GTX680 and 16gigs of RAM as some upper limit?

Sounds more like a hardware advert that anything else.

Seems to be a Minimum settings - Highest settings sort of layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

rumour is the xbox version will be spread across 2 or 3 discs like la noire ! cant wait for this game its gonna be epic !

rumour is the xbox version will be spread across 2 or 3 discs like la noire ! cant wait for this game its gonna be epic !

The thought of switching between disks...

The thought of the awesomeness of MP in that much detail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm finding 16gb ram to max out the game to be rather odd. I could easily do it if wasn't for that part. :P

What if I have more than 16GB? Do I have to take some out to play? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's more likely showing the highest level of hardware the game was tested with.

The original Max Payne will be on PSN on 2nd of May. Free for richy rich PSN+ people or 10 euro for the rest of us mere mortals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

/Ain't broke, don't fix it :p
    Video wrote:
    With these innovations in gameplay ...
    No problem with classic Max style shootdodging, but more with Rockstar claiming it's their innovation

Advertisement