Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Magic booster is a Weapon Skill that increases the power of magic (by 1.5) and doubles it's MP cost.

One MP cost + Magic Booster = everything costing 2mp and dealing x1.5 damage.

Ah ty for that. Funny though Yuna still out dps' her by far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Just Wakka and Lulu's weapons left to get, the butterfly hunt was actually a lot easier than I remember, just have to send Kimarhi down Auron and Wakka's grids now to give him some strength as he's a bit useless at the mo.

The lightning strikes one though, good god that's irritating, my reactions must have slowed down as I could only manage 21 at the most before getting hit. Got fed up then and went to kick Sin around for a bit.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Just Wakka and Lulu's weapons left to get, the butterfly hunt was actually a lot easier than I remember, just have to send Kimarhi down Auron and Wakka's grids now to give him some strength as he's a bit useless at the mo.

The lightning strikes one though, good god that's irritating, my reactions must have slowed down as I could only manage 21 at the most before getting hit. Got fed up then and went to kick Sin around for a bit.

are you doing it at the crater? after a while you kinda get a rhythm going

are you doing it at the crater? after a while you kinda get a rhythm going
    Yeh in the crater where the quactuar stone is. I just need to sit down and patiently try it til I get all 200.

The other night I had done all the capturing and the butterfly hunts so was half fed up doing all that by then and just wanted to get on with leveling up the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Ah ty for that. Funny though Yuna still out dps' her by far

Not with the onion knight she doesn't (all things being equal, i.e., if they're roughly at the same S.lvl).

They both start the game with 20mag and Yuna in general gets more magic from her grid than lulu does. Teaching Yuna her black magic through blk magic spheres is a nice trick and she does out hit Lulu with them mid game.

But once you're dealing with end game stats and Celestial weapons, Lulu is the only team member that can do the sort of damage she can with black and white magic (and healing amounts with curaga) barring custom made magic booster/Damage break weapons.

HDMI connection and high definition gaming comes at a cost, FFX HD in general will have small amounts of lag that the original wouldn't have and this is very noticeable during the lightning dodging. A trick I read to get the least amount of lag is to disconnect the HDMI cable (if you're using one) and go back to using the older fashioned cable with the rectangular connection, this skips the HDMI encoding and pulls the lag a bit closer to what it was in the original, giving you a better chance.

It also makes most of the smaller text unreadable.

• Advertisement

If anyone is going to play this game that hasn't started yet (and wondering which grid to use):

The fact that there are more spheres in the standard gird is almost no compensation for the fact that the expert grip is better and more dynamically laid out, more fun, and because of so many less nodes, easier to fill, you really do not need the extra nodes for max stats.

On the standard grid my Rikku, Wakka and Kimarhi all have 65,000 HP 255 Strenght/Defence/Magic/MagicDefence 160 luck (absolutly more then needed even for dark Aeons) and I still had to fill like 30~40 nodes with quickly farmed MP sphere (because I deleted too many nodes with clear spheres)

you do not need 255 luck, you barely need 140 and except for Dark Mindy 120~140 luck is enough to hit everything reliably Providing you don't bother delete Accuracy spheres.

I'm having to put so many more hours in to grid this grid trophy all because I overestimated how many empty spheres I'd need and how much luck I'd need.

Now knowing that the extra Nodes are not needed by a long way, and that it makes one or two of the trophies harder and longer(ouu err), The standard grid is kinda crappy in comparison to the expert.

HDMI connection and high definition gaming comes at a cost, FFX HD in general will have small amounts of lag that the original wouldn't have and this is very noticeable during the lightning dodging. A trick I read to get the least amount of lag is to disconnect the HDMI cable (if you're using one) and go back to using the older fashioned cable with the rectangular connection, this skips the HDMI encoding and pulls the lag a bit closer to what it was in the original, giving you a better chance.

It also makes most of the smaller text unreadable.

I may dig out the older connection and give it a go.

First attempt last night I got up to 187, was sickened. Couldn't get near that for any subsequent attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Lightning dodging complete, all celestial weapons gotten and upgraded fully except Wakka. 63% of trophies complete apparently, but the only haveabout 5 trophies left, but are all golds and silvers

If you've played acres of Blitzball games but your struggling to make the reel overdrives or Jupiter Sigil appear, just save and reset the blitz ball data.
    I got a little sick of completing endless leagues for crap I didn't need, and when I reset the blitzball data the Sigil appeared immediately.

Auroch reels just showed up in a cup for me, thank christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I hear doing the lightning dodge on the vita is super annoying , noy looking forward to that. Loving the game more now than all those years ago, understanding it a bit more too :D

Wahey, got the sigil. Never playing blitzball ever again :P

tonydude wrote: »
    I hear doing the lightning dodge on the vita is super annoying , noy looking forward to that. Loving the game more now than all those years ago, understanding it a bit more too :D

I didn't find it too bad tbh on the vita, I had kinda a little rhythm going in my head.

The trophy I'm trying to get is the one where you get the five chests in the chocobo race near the temple

I didn't find it too bad tbh on the vita, I had kinda a little rhythm going in my head.

The trophy I'm trying to get is the one where you get the five chests in the chocobo race near the temple

There is literally not a split second to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

That 0.0.0 time was more frustrating than I remember. Eventually got it anyway thankfully. Now to begin climbing gagazet.

YUna is last to finish the grid, I so happened to never get a triple AP weapon with her, and I'm currently wondering wither it's either worth:

trying to get 50 Wings to discovery to give Triple AP to a weapon that already had Overdrive > AP and Triple Overdrive. (probably not worth it)

or

Battling to try get a weapon with triple and Add Overdrive > AP and Triple Overdrive (based on change, could take a long time)

or

Just grinding out the S Levels.

Making my way through blitzball for Wakkas sigil now, just finished a league undefeated so now I have to do it again to get the status reels. Trying to play as little as possible so I don't end up against a superstats Al Bhed team, they're already hard enough.

Although of the 8 payers I have, 5 are Al Bhed ha

As for Nimrook.. A Jecht shot, saved, Blappa catches and tries, saved, a sphere shot, saved, another Jecht shot, eventually scored. Each shot one after the other as he didn't catch any just got a hand to them.

YUna is last to finish the grid, I so happened to never get a triple AP weapon with her, and I'm currently wondering wither it's either worth:

trying to get 50 Wings to discovery to give Triple AP to a weapon that already had Overdrive > AP and Triple Overdrive. (probably not worth it)

or

Battling to try get a weapon with triple and Add Overdrive > AP and Triple Overdrive (based on change, could take a long time)

or

Just grinding out the S Levels.

Starting that myself, it's going to be a test of will. Have Tidus maxed but have to work on the rest. Farming Fortune sphere's is not great.
    Making my way through blitzball for Wakkas sigil now, just finished a league undefeated so now I have to do it again to get the status reels. Trying to play as little as possible so I don't end up against a superstats Al Bhed team, they're already hard enough.

Although of the 8 payers I have, 5 are Al Bhed ha

As for Nimrook.. A Jecht shot, saved, Blappa catches and tries, saved, a sphere shot, saved, another Jecht shot, eventually scored. Each shot one after the other as he didn't catch any just got a hand to them.

Yeah, Psyches are a pain in the arse when first starting out, Nimrook and both defenders are pretty good.

Where is the best place to farm spheres to fill in the blank spots on the grid.

Where is the best place to farm spheres to fill in the blank spots on the grid.

Monster arena creations drop them as common drops.

Accuracy - Drop from Hornet
    Agility - Drop from Fenrir
    Defense - Drop from Tanket
    Evasion - Drop from Pteryx
    HP - Drop from Ironclad
    Luck - Drop from Greater Sphere
    Magic Defense - Drop from One Eye
    MP - Drop from Vidatu
    Strength - Drop from Drop from Juggernaut

General advice is to farm strength first so you can get 255 and then the others become easier.

• Advertisement

Just unlocked Penance and said I'd give him a bash before properly preparing for him. Decided I'd give Yojimbo a shot first up. Grand summon and 8 million gil and he actually pulled Zanmato out of the bag. Was my first time using him in the game properly and not just as fodder for Nemesis' attacks.

Ah well, saved me a few hours at least.

Risteard wrote: »
    Just unlocked Penance and said I'd give him a bash before properly preparing for him. Decided I'd give Yojimbo a shot first up. Grand summon and 8 million gil and he actually pulled Zanmato out of the bag. Was my first time using him in the game properly and not just as fodder for Nemesis' attacks.

Ah well, saved me a few hours at least.
    I was trying to use him for one of the dark aeons as a quick way to get some decent armour but as soon as I'd summon him he'd use Wakazashi (sp) which obviously wouldn't kill the aeon, then he'd die after the first hit...

I found Anima and the Magus sisters a good combo though.

Risteard wrote: »
    Starting that myself, it's going to be a test of will. Have Tidus maxed but have to work on the rest. Farming Fortune sphere's is not great.

The issue I'm having is just having enough fecking speed,mana and power spheres.. Having to farm in omega constantly just so I have spheres to use.

I was thinking will I or wont I use Yojimbo for Penance?

I feel that having used my entire team (and it really was a team effort)
    to kill the sisters, I kind of "had my fight".

One the one hand I was thinking penance can suck my dick, I'm 29 years old and I don't care for hour long matches that I am statistically guaranteed to win.

But Then i remembered I hadn't finished Dark yojimbo off yet.

I will use yojimbo to kill dark yojimbo; that sound fair.
    I've already killed him about 40 times farming for ultimate armor (and dark matter, and the master spheres were handy too).

Yeah, sure I'll kill Penance the old fashioned way; 45 minutes of final elixir, quick hits and one instance of dispel.

Yojimbo him for the trophy but don't save so you can always have another crack at him when you're in the mood.

The issue I'm having is just having enough fecking speed,mana and power spheres.. Having to farm in omega constantly just so I have spheres to use.

Fight Kottos in the Monster Arena and use a distiller on him. If you overkill him you'll get 40 of the sphere as a common drop, 20 if a normal kill. Made a lot easier if one of your party has high enough strength to do 99999 damage. I think he's an area creation for the Mi'hen highroad.

I decided to kit everyone out,

I;m currently on the last few Shinryu kills to get the Wings of discovery to give the last character armor suitable for penance.

I've mostly went with
    Break HP,
    Ribbon,
    Auto Haste,

and like one random one for some Auto Protect, some Auto Phoenix, some Def+20% or Auto Regen

Some are stuck with Curseproof, but I can live with it, plus Penance (or one of the arms) do occasionally inflict curse, and I find it a real pain. Those characters will be one less Holy water to quick pocket.

I used Yojimbo for Yojimbo,

In hind site it was kind of a waste of money (since i then needed some bribe money for armor skills), but it was enjoyable and that;s really the only thing I care about at this stage.

Off to battle penance.
    I did my other game and got the Albhed primer, the grid is full, so when I defeat him, that'll be it.
    The jury was rigged because of how big an impact this game made on me when I was younger but overall its was excellent and "they don't make them like they used to" is exactly the cliche that describes most of the last few weeks of gaming.

or at the very least SE don't.

DONE!

He got me the first time, I made one stupid mis-judgment and i wound up giving him a turn with both his arms, and I got a judgment day in the face. The arms made swift work of Auron, who bravely auto revived, but one of their attacks inflict slow, (he was one of the few characters who didn't have auto haste on his armor).

and game over,
    Had a spin online tekken, went back tried again, this time being more careful, and I got him.
    Two iffy moments. At one stage I had to kill the arms with limit breaks, which delays your characters turn and makes the arms regenerate a little closer together.

I needed Tidus' Blitz Ace to kill an arm, but I missed the kick at the end (I ****ing hate that! you only get about 2 seconds)
    I was dead meat; turn after this, Judgment day for sure.

I tagged in Yuna, Magus sisters, Delta attack killed the arm, then because of the difference in agility Penance just kept hitting them and the arm revived!
    The magus sisters took a judgment day and died, luckily when my team came back, the other arm was now one hit away from destruction.

After that the next iffy bit was a similar situation; I needed Wakka to finish off an arm with his attack reels, and if i was luckily give the other a few hits too.

Happily that time when the limit ended I could hardly believe my eyes; Overkill. Penance dead!
    50 something dark matter and about 16 master spheres (not that anyone would need them after that fight)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

OMG im finding the sphere grid farming a grind....Is it worth it ?

• Advertisement

tonydude wrote: »
    OMG im finding the sphere grid farming a grind....Is it worth it ?

Well you need to if you want the platinum. And you'll need to max out 3 characters (I went with Tidus Yuna and Wakka) if you want to beat Dark Aeons, Penance etc. without relying on Yojimbo.

You don't need max stats to beat the normal game, I had max stats and beat the final boss with three hits.

Anyway, got the platinum yesterday and moved onto FFX-2. They appear to have added stuff that I do not remember from the first time I played it.

Advertisement