Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Finally got to the calm lands after grinding for ages on highbridge, able to one shot most of the smaller enemies with ease and two shot the tougher ones.

Until I came upon a Malboro...
    Hit him with two overdrives, both doing 9999 damage, decided to use Fireaga then to hopefully finish him as Lulu's magic stat is fairly high and is regularly doing between 6-8000 damage with the aga spells.

Fireaga done 6000 odd damage so didn't kill him, Malboros next move, bad breath, everyone gets hit with poison, darkness and beserk. Lulu kills Auron with her death mog, Wakka kills himself and poison kills Lulu eventually.

Sonovabitch..

you went wrong by using Limit breaks, Limit breaks are powerful, but they delay your next turn a bit.

The trick with Marlboros in the calm lands is not to let them get a turn. Delay Buster will push their turn down the list, and you can use it over an over again, so they will never get a turn.
    Hastaga works equally well, they have poor defence and fire works well Attacks and Fire spells.

Or if they're about to get a turn swap in yuna and summon (they're immune to status)

or if you are using an overdrive, Use Auron's Shooting star; it will knock them out of the fight and grant an instant over kill.
    Noxin wrote: »
    Anyone wanna recommend a grinding spot before heading inside sin please?
    Omega is a bit tough still and the ruins are just crap imo (feck all AP for killing Defender Z which is not difficult but takes a while).
    Are they the only choices? I've not stepped foot inside sin so is it a little easier than Omega and better AP than the ruins?
    Characters have all finished their "personal" areas on the grid and working into others.

The first area of sin is a little more forgiving then Omega, and the second part is about on par.

you could work on getting all the aeons, and capturing, or getting celestial weapons. By the time you've that done you'll be plenty strong if even running the risk of making the dungeon too easy.
    before I did any grinding i tried just go straight through sin, the difficultly is just nice, and Seymore is a bollix, you really need shell and Nul-skills to survive. if you;re taking him on at a medium level.

The point of no return is the Save sphere at a cross roads junction inside Sin: A part of the dungeon like a Huge Stalagmite with colourful round windows falls onto your path at the end of the junction; when you enter, THAT, is the point of no return.

Which is a shame because inside there are huge landworms that you can bribe for Dark matter, and that's the only place they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

you went wrong by using Limit breaks, Limit breaks are powerful, but they delay your next turn a bit.

The trick with Marlboros in the calm lands is not to let them get a turn. Delay Buster will push their turn down the list, and you can use it over an over again, so they will never get a turn.
    Hastaga works equally well, they have poor defence and fire works well Attacks and Fire spells.

Or if they're about to get a turn swap in yuna and summon (they're immune to status)

or if you are using an overdrive, Use Auron's Shooting star; it will knock them out of the fight and grant an instant over kill.

Ah was just over confidence on my part, I thought ah these three will easy do the job... Famous last words :D

Ah was just over confidence on my part, I thought ah these three will easy do the job... Famous last words :D

See my earlier posts in Omega... I lost about two hours grinding by casting demi on a spirit...:mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

y
    Which is a shame because inside there are huge landworms that you can bribe for Dark matter, and that's the only place they exist.

Am I wrong in saying the dark aeons drop dark matter and some of the monsters in the arena?

Just finished getting 10 of the fiends in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Funnily enough , it wasn't the tonberrys that gave me grief, it was the thorns! Took well over an hour to find the last one I needed.

Off now to Mt. Gagazet, then inside Sin and finally I can get the last two sigils I need for the Celestial Weapons - Yuna's and Wakka's

• Advertisement

Am I wrong in saying the dark aeons drop dark matter and some of the monsters in the arena?

It's a lucky drop for all area/species/original enemies in the arena. That's what makes it such a pain.
    It means you need to fight arena monsters over and over and hope you get lucky and get the rare drop of 1~2 Dark matter.
    If you could fight landworms before the point of no return you could just give them all your money and bribe the dark matters from them.

Dark Aeons do drop Dark Matter as a Common drop. But since you fight most of them only once it's not very useful, except for (duh duh duuuh)

Dark Yojimbo; you have to fight him 5 times consecutively to beat him which makes him one on the best ways to farm dark matter. Ity also makes him the best source of ultimate armor in the game.

A lot of people fight him the four times and then leave via the teleport module at the back of the cave with their bounty of Dark matter and any and all Break HP/Ribbon armors he's dropped. Then save and start again.

then when you have all the Dark Matter you want, and hopefully, HP Break/Ribbon armor for your entire team, finish him off.

It sounds funny too, but wither on purpose or accident, you can "farm" Penence for dark matter too,
    Every time you kill an arm it drops Dark Matter, which you keep even when you flee.

So despite the fact that there is only one super boss left in the game and if you got to him it means your probably the Dragonball equivilant of Super Sayian level a million, you can very quickly farm Penance for Dark Matter by killing his arms over and over then fleeing.

Land Worms and Penanace's arms: very useful sources of dark matter right when you don't need them. A bit like the golden Chocobo you get for killing Ruby Weapon.

bonus random fact.
    For some reason, the only enemy in the game you can bribe 'Silence Grenades' from (handy for putting silence proof on armor) is an evil eye enemy in the Via Purifico (called bat eye or something);
    An Enemy you do not capture, in a dungeon you do not return to or have Rikku on your team for.

Hey, discovered a nice little tip whilst messing around in the arena.

The "Ironclad" who drop HP Spheres.
    The idea is you gotta keep using armor break until it "hits" about 3 times, it may take up to 20 attempts, and when it finally proper breaks he'll do an exaggerated injured animation and from then on he'll no longer raise his sword to block attacks and attacks will do full damage. (vs zero defence)

I was typically using Anima; haste, regen, armor break, armor break, armor break, armor break, armor break, etc etc, and when his armor eventually went Oblivion, Attack, Attack, attack,

Well Rikku's (Use) 'Frag Grenades' instantly break his defense. he doesn't do the critical hit animation, but it seemed to works 100% of the time.
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I have spent 3 days trying to capture 4 tonberrys after getting 6 in the 1st day. I am so close to just giving up, this is absolute bull****.

GOOD LORD, ONE APPEARED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Can't wait to get stuck into this next weekend. Downloaded and ready to install. Will be relying on it to comfort me in a long overdue hangover. Stupid exams.

• Advertisement

oh lord, on the most painful grind of them all... Blitzball >.<

oh lord, on the most painful grind of them all... Blitzball >.<

Just unlocked status reels. To hell with blitzball I say.

Just unlocked status reels. To hell with blitzball I say.

I haven't unlocked that yet. nor the sigil D: and I think there is another reel to go after that one?
    Determined that this is going to be my first ever platnium trophy

I haven't unlocked that yet. nor the sigil D: and I think there is another reel to go after that one?
    Determined that this is going to be my first ever platnium trophy

Yeah, I've one more to go, the Auroch wheel is the last one.. I've won I think 2 or 3 leagues at this stage..
    This will be my first platnium too. I need to capture a few monsters in sin and omega, then that section will be finished, after beating nemisis ofc. dodge 200 lightning bolts, bribe yojimbo the 100k, and beat penance. Then I think I'm done, after I max everyones grids ofc.

I have everything else complete!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Adamantium wrote: »
    Is it wrong to say I'm more excited for this, than any game in the last 5 years, despite the fact I completed 3 times between 2002-2004?

One of my favourite pieces of fiction ever.
    I've played the series since the mid 90's and I look back at this as the Last Final Fantasy, and in many ways, the best.

Final Fantasy was always best, when it was a Japanese game with worldwide , influences and, not anime.
    It was a fantasy grounded in reality.

X managed to have a mythology that was understandable.
    Spira, looking back was the best realised world in the series and one worth saving.
    Its a small miracle that this game seemed to be immune to Toriyama influences

Great to play a JRPG again with relatable, even normal adults as main characters. Turns out X really was as good as it was.
    The narration by Tidus is brilliant. May well be the darkest, true to life game in the series.

It really does feel like a "journey" with characters that you grow to love, that the games industry have been trumpeting for years every other week and rarely if ever deliver on that hype.

A staunchly
    atheist/agnostic game, the laughing scene in context when the truth is revealed, i love the "spiral of death", and a world in stasis, the depressing themes, airship attack on Bevelle and Sin, that bittersweet, heartbreaking ending
    game.

PSU said it best:

It's a timeless tale of romance, religion, and metaphor, backdropped by one of Square's most well-realized worlds and blanketed in character subtlety that doesn't weigh down the story's perfect pacing.

Brilliant, Brilliant game. Definitely the best Final Fantasy, although I think 8 is a close second for me. But in terms of gameplay and story it's unbelievable. Hard to beat Auron. Gonna get a vita in the summer and spend another 300+ hours on this beauty!

Yeah, I've one more to go, the Auroch wheel is the last one.. I've won I think 2 or 3 leagues at this stage..
    This will be my first platnium too. I need to capture a few monsters in sin and omega, then that section will be finished, after beating nemisis ofc. dodge 200 lightning bolts, bribe yojimbo the 100k, and beat penance. Then I think I'm done, after I max everyones grids ofc.

I have everything else complete!

I have to finish capturing fiends in sin and omega, obtain all jecht spheres, deal 99k damage, complete all sphere grid s, lath one final ability for kimhari, defeat penance and nemisis. Funny I could have sworn there was a trophy to defeat all the dark aeons

I have to finish capturing fiends in sin and omega, obtain all jecht spheres, deal 99k damage, complete all sphere grid s, lath one final ability for kimhari, defeat penance and nemisis. Funny I could have sworn there was a trophy to defeat all the dark aeons

penance only appears after you've killed them all, so they're sort of tied to that one I guess.

penance only appears after you've killed them all, so they're sort of tied to that one I guess.

Oh right that makes sense
    Just realised I still have to get the five chests in that chocobo race as well ugh

Did the chobo training on Thursday and managed after an age to get a time between 0.1 and 0.3 4 times in a row, all because I was trying to dodge one last bird right at the end.

The absolute relief when I finally got it. Now for the butterfly hunt and lightning strikes :(

Did the chobo training on Thursday and managed after an age to get a time between 0.1 and 0.3 4 times in a row, all because I was trying to dodge one last bird right at the end.

The absolute relief when I finally got it. Now for the butterfly hunt and lightning strikes :(

The butterfly hunt isn't so bad once you realise that the red butterflys don't move , it may take a few attempts to memorise where they are at so you can be on the opposite side of the path. Also don't forget you have to complete both butterfly hunts to get the sigil and for the second one (first if you are making your way there from Rin's agency) the first blue butterfly is behind you. And be careful you don't run out of the zone before looting the chest as this can reset it.

There is a place in the thunder plains where you can force the lightening to hit in a crater , should take about 20 mins to dodge 200 there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was gonna go back and try finish off the FFX sidequests during the week but got hooked on Tales of Xillia instead.

There is a place in the thunder plains where you can force the lightening to hit in a crater , should take about 20 mins to dodge 200 there

Yeh it's over in a little nook where one of the cactuar stones are. Just more time consuming than anything.

Have Tidus, Yuna and Rikkus weapons sorted so far, just the others left then start grinding Omega dungeons to take on the dark Aeons and level up enough to be able to farm Yojimbo for armour.

I did the Celestial weapons first, even before I Got Anima and The Magus sisters.

my sphere grid is now full of Nodes, Rikku, KImarhi, Wakka and Tidus have all finished the grid, I just need to do out the last few Fortune spheres for the rest of the team. to get the trophy for completeing the sphere grid for all the team.

I've been saving the dark Aeons. Thus far I've only killed Valefore and Shiva (for the sake of visiting the Faytes) and I also tacked Ifrit just to see where my strenght was.

I gotta play my a new game to get one missable Al Bhed Primer I missed, and once I do that, it'll bascally be dark aeons, Penance and Platinum trophy.

...and on to X-2...

If I'm bothered,

I was toying with the notion that X-2 is a "once per lifetime is plenty" sort of RPG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Enjoy the silliness and dress sphere system and don't take it seriously and you'll enjoy it more.

It's really the stress of how missable 100% is.
    If the content in the game was a laid back as the "girls just want to have fun" attitude, that'd be fine, it's the fact that some of the missable content is as stupid and ruthless as FFXII's.
    I remember one of the events that contribute to the completion % is seen at only one point in the entire game and buried at the end of a very long dungeon you've already completed, meaning to find it accidentally you'd need to take a notion (if I remember correctly a high point of movement in the storyline) and decide to go right to the end of a one of the longest dungeons in the game for absolutely no reason.

Another is some dumb conversation that happens in the airship at some random point. Then there's the Surveillance crap Chapter 4, I think for one or two of them you need to literally sit there watching nothing for about 5 minutes until it starts.

Meaning my choice is either;

check every single crevice of every single ares in the world between every single story event;

Visit everywhere, check the entire airship then complete one storyline mission, visit every single area of the word again, check the airship, go to the end of every dungeon I've previously completed and back, finish another story mission, visit every single areas of the world again, check the Airship revisit every dungeon, etc etc just in case there's a missable conversation or event that I was giving no clue about.

or

Go through the game twice (once for New Yevon, Once for Youth league) whilst absolutely glued to a walkthrough,

or

Play through twice at leisure, then consulting walkthrough with a grimace and find out how many speed playthroughs I'll need to suffer through for the stuff I've missed.

Anyone care to explain why even though Lulu has 1 mp cost on her celestial weapon yet all her spells cost 2 mp?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My advice is not to stress out about getting 100%. the requirements are just stupid for it and the game can bug out even if you've done everything right.

Just relax and enjoy it and watch the 100% ending on youtube. It's not really worth it anyway and takes a giant dump over the ending of FFX.

5 more monsters to catch, then I have 10 of em all! Still need to lightning dodge, kill penance/nemisis, a bit more blitzball and then a whole lot of grinding to get the sphere grids finished, I can begin to see light at the end of the tunnel thou :P

• Advertisement

Anyone care to explain why even though Lulu has 1 mp cost on her celestial weapon yet all her spells cost 2 mp?

Magic booster increases the power of magic (by 1.5) and doubles it's MP cost.

One MP cost + Magic Booster = everything costing 2mp and dealing x1.5 damage.

Skill wise It's one of the best celestial weapons, if you get it early, (it was one of the first things I did, this time) it destroys everything in Sin and Omega very quickly and doublecast demi, no damage limit, makes capturing a breeze.

It's just a shame that both black magic itself and Lulu's limit break get nerfed too much end game. her Flair Fury at 255 magic get about 8~10 hits of about 1/3~1/4 damage. her Ultima fury gets about 6~8, of 1/3~1/4 where as the ~agas, and drain get a full 16 at about 1/2 damage making them equal to or far better then, her Flare and Ultima fury in most circumstances.

I suppose it's a bit like Wakka's Attack reels.
    The most powerful limit he has (and in the entire game) is Wakka's 2nd Limit break, making is final two not worth bothering with ever.

Advertisement