Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2011 - Results thread - post your results here

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Ours were, word for word. I got a B.:p

Well that might be the problem - you're not supposed to copy projects.
    When I said 'the same' I meant the same standard, not the same projects!

If the SEC have copped your school is recycling projects of course the marks will be lower.

They will be watching next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

We all did the same project but all the write ups were different, there was only one A in the class too :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Yeah, we did the same project but with differing write ups, we all had different groups too so that meant the class all had quite different write ups

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

spurious wrote: »
    Well that might be the problem - you're not supposed to copy projects.
    When I said 'the same' I meant the same standard, not the same projects!

If the SEC have copped your school is recycling projects of course the marks will be lower.

They will be watching next year too.

tbh it's not our fault, it's our teacher's. It's unbelievable that she passes them inspections by the DOE. She shouldn't even be teaching she's so bad. It didn't take long before she was prevented from teaching history for 5th year when she was replaced by another teacher last week! But seriously, all she did was hand out a load of pages and we were told to copy it all down and change a word or two... I was hoping that we would get done for it because she'd probably get fired then (less likely though). It's kinda funny though when you think of it!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

I feel that it's the "bell curve" that has caused people to underachieve this year. Possibly, too many were receiving A's and were thus, marked down to B's. Geography is a much easier subject than many others and yet, it was evident that there was underachievement present in this year's Geography Results.
    No-one received an A in our class of over twenty students although our school is known nationwide for excellent results in both the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert. Last year's class that had the same teacher for CSPE had all A's except for three students.

Definitely getting both appealed.

I think that with geography there simply aren't enough a's to go around, yeah, the geog papers are fairly simple, but they obviously don't want to make a mockery of the subject by making it too easy to get an a in. Looking at the statistics on the SEC website in the past few years only around 9% of people doing HL get an A. that's lower than most subjects. They must then expect a high standard of answering.
    Thank god i got an A in geog, but i know people in my year who got high b's/a's in the mocks and every other class test and came out gutted because they hadn't done as well as they expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DarkDusk wrote: »
    tbh it's not our fault, it's our teacher's. It's unbelievable that she passes them inspections by the DOE. She shouldn't even be teaching she's so bad. It didn't take long before she was prevented from teaching history for 5th year when she was replaced by another teacher last week! But seriously, all she did was hand out a load of pages and we were told to copy it all down and change a word or two... I was hoping that we would get done for it because she'd probably get fired then (less likely though). It's kinda funny though when you think of it!:p

<shakes head>:mad:
    I hope if she teaches History she doesn't have the LCs copying other people's work. She is the sort of person should be rooted out of teaching. No excuse for encouraging or allowing plagiarism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aqua_x

I got b's in English and History, with both being my strongest subjects. While I can understand the B in English to a degree, cause the marking is subjective and that, but I worked so hard at History, honestly it was the only subject I studied for :L
    I was delighted with the history paper itself aswell, I know I deserved an A. While I don't really care that much just cause its only the JC and doesn't really matter so much (I got good enough results in everything like), would it be worth getting it appealed?
    I mean, girls in my year who would have been D or C students and who felt they did badly in the History exam got A's.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Really strange how so many people were disappointed with geography. I recall our teacher telling us that geog is the subject with the lowest percentage of As at higher level.

I won't be appealing though, I wouldn't bother checking a paper that has no influence on anything anyway.

robman60 wrote: »
    Really strange how so many people were disappointed with geography. I recall our teacher telling us that geog is the subject with the lowest percentage of As at higher level.

I won't be appealing though, I wouldn't bother checking a paper that has no influence on anything anyway.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

How did i miss this thread! :O Anyhow, I got 3 A's, one B, six C's and one D. I'm pretty happy :)

• Advertisement

Un-stickied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

spurious wrote: »
    Un-stickied.
    Use better quality glue next time

Use better quality glue next time
    LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adrian607

Irish (O)- C
    English (H) - C
    Maths (H) - B
    History (H) - C
    Geography (H) - B (Really think I got an a would get it checked but makes no difference)
    CSPE - B
    Tech Graph (H) - A
    Business (H) - A
    Science (H) - B
    French (H) - D ( Crap teacher)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

bit late, but..

English: A
    CSPE: A
    Business: B
    French: B
    Science: B
    Gaeilge: B
    TG: B
    History: B
    Geography: B
    Maths: C

All higher.
    Could'nt believe the B in science, I got a low D in the mocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

Hah got the exact same but I did Music instead of tech graph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Pidge96 wrote: »
    Hah got the exact same but I did Music instead of tech graph
    You know this is last years result thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    You know this is last years result thread?

He probably does..seeing as this years results arent out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

bb1234567 wrote: »
    He probably does..seeing as this years results arent out yet?
    *Slaps self* :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Old thread, locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement