Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2011 - Results thread - post your results here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

all higher level:

9 a's and 2 b's, i know this sounds very selfish but i wanted and expected 11a's so im appealing the b's , was upset all day , did worse than mocks ... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Hey I'm in Leaving Cert at the mo and I did my JC 2 years ago (hard to believe). This years results are unreal! I'm glad some people are happy :)

If you're disappointed with your results, don't be. In reality they don't really count for anything (but they're still important!) When you come around to Leaving Cert, they're only a stepping stone and possibly something in which you can work on in the next 1-2 years.

I originally got a D in H.L English which I was really disappointed with, and a C in H.L Geography but I got them both re-checked and they both went up!:D

What I'm saying is that if you are not genuinely happy with what you got, talk to your teacher and do get them re-checked if you feel you need to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

really happy with my results ! better than expected in most subjects.
    All honours-
    B-english
    B-maths(thought id get c maybe even d!)
    A-irish
    B-science
    A-history
    A-cspe
    B- religion(thought id get c)
    C- german(bit disappointed)
    C- business
    B-geography(thought was going to get an A going to get it appealed)
    B-art
    very proud of myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Darn you CSPE!
    I'm going to appeal this subject, I feel strongly that I got an A in truth. :(

Also, did everybody have *(A supplementary report exists) at the bottom left of their Results?

Here, I'm in the exact situation as you. Don't know how it happened or what was up with the markings. I just want to go to sleep and forget it all at this stage. I know I should be delighted as my results are in probably the top 25% but I know I could've done better, and in maths and geography (the latter esp.), THOUGHT I did much better.

I know that won't help but.. but.. idk really. Its *only* the Junior Cert I guess...

im very disappointed aswell.
    I only got 4A's and I was expecting at least 6.
    I went up from a C in the mocks in english to an A (really happy bout that result)

however, despite me getting an A in the mocks in my favourite subject, business, and all the studying I did for it, I only got a B

my other A's were in maths, cspe and geography

people thought I did amazing but im quite upset

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JMe1609

All higher level
    Irish-A
    English-D
    Maths-A
    History-A
    Geography-C
    Science-A
    Business-B
    Spanish-A
    Tech Graph-A
    CSPE-A

Im very happy with my results, did much better than i expected! Only disappointment was dropping from a B in the English pre to a D.
    Well done everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

All higher level except CSPE, A's in English, Irish, Maths, French, History, Geography, Science, Business, CSPE and a B in Home Ec. So 9 A's and a B.

If any aspiring JCer reads this...I'm fairly certain that I've never felt as happy as I did when I opened that envelope and saw the results...just sayin'.

:D

Also regarding spurious' claim, I did so much better than expected, 9 A's was beyond achievable for me. Wow...so happy. So so happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Also, did everybody have *(A supplementary report exists) at the bottom left of their Results?

A supplementary report means there is an additional report on those results. It should be on the back of your results sheet.

It can mean that a candidate missed a part of the assessment - only sat one of two papers, failed to hand in a project, practical asignment etc., or it can mean that the candidate had an exemption for spelling and grammar marks.

It will say what the supplementary report is on the back of your sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Well done to everyone who's posted so far, some really excellent results! :)

English - A
    Irish - A
    Maths - A
    French - A
    Religion - A
    CSPE - A
    Geography - B
    History - B
    Business - A
    Science - A
    Tech. Graph - B

8 As 3 Bs

All honours except for TG. Really happy overall, had a good night last night too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Maths - A.
    Science - A.
    Geography - A.
    History - A.
    English - A. :eek:

CSPE - B.
    Business - B.
    Woodwork - B. :eek:
    Irish - B.
    French - B.

5 A's and 5 B's. Absolutely delighted.

Thought Business was a definite A though. If I wasn't happy with my results, I would get it re-checked. Delighted with English especially - never got an A in that before - and was predicting a borderline B/C. Thought Geography and History were definite B's too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Coliin09

English-B
    Irish-C
    Maths-C
    Home ec-B
    Woodwork-B
    Metalwork-B
    Music-C
    Cspe-B
    Religion-B
    Tec graph-B
    Science-B
    All higher level :)

8 b's and 3 c's. did much better than i expected in some like english (thought i'd get an E) but still thought i was going to get 3 or 4 a's. got highest in my year though :P (im in a school that people wouldnt regard as being the best)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

6 A's and 5 B's. Really disappointed though as I went down from my mocks from 9A's. Got an A in English- I'm happy about that seeing as how I mucked it up on the day. But I'm really upset about Geography and Art :( Ahh well, it's only the Junior Cert lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theotherguy...

Irish (h) B
    English (h) B
    Maths (h) B
    History (h) A
    Science (h)B
    Business (h)B
    CSPE (h) B
    TG (h) A
    Wwork (h) B
    Religion (h) B
    French (h) B
    Geog (h) B
    happy out, no C's ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless your mocks were corrected by people who have corrected for and know the standards of SEC exams, they're almost useless as a guide to how you will do.

Unfortunately the mock industry is quite a big money game now, so all sorts of low standards are coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

All higher level

English - C
    Irish - C
    Maths - C
    French - C
    CSPE - B
    Geography - B
    History - B
    Business - B
    Science - B

is it just me or did like evry junior cert student on boards do ridiculously good?:eek:

bb1234567 wrote: »
    is it just me or did like evry junior cert student on boards do ridiculously good?:eek:

If you look at other threads on boards, particularly in the Leaving Cert. forum, it's clear boards.ie does not represent the full spectrum of students.

The high number of 'I am going to get 600 points and do Medicine' posts probably intimidates others from posting.

How true the aforementioned posts are is anyone's guess. There are people who get their jollies from posting false claims about themselves. It's kind of sad really.

I know a girl who did three JC subjects at Foundation and Ordinary level and was absolutely over the moon with her A, B and C grades.
    Would she post here? I doubt it.
    Would some here scoff at her results? Quite possibly.
    Still, she was the happiest kid in the world yesterday, even if only for a few hours.

very true thanks, I even may have bumped by grades up a bit in a few results threads the odd time but only like in mocks results thread and other unimportant results threads and the such ;) but my jc results are all completely true,scouts honour:) very proud of myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

spurious wrote: »
    Unless your mocks were corrected by people who have corrected for and know the standards of SEC exams, they're almost useless as a guide to how you will do.

Unfortunately the mock industry is quite a big money game now, so all sorts of low standards are coming in.

It depends, typically experienced teachers get good correctors. Our science corrector in the mocks couldn't count so science even with a basic marking scheme was corrected wrongly. However our history and maths papers were corrected superbly and our geog teacher deliberately got a very harsh marker (who could still mark mind you) and most of the other subjects were grand. Our English mock marker hadn't a clue.

In my year of 40 I was the only A in CSPE, SHOCK. Anyone getting a result checked? I'm going to get geog checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

You have to pay to get them checked. Fine if you're a richer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You get the money back if your grade changes tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Typical Boards.ie user:

"I got 17 A's but I'm kinda gutted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 catlover95

Irish - A
    English - A
    Maths - A
    and B in everything else. All higher level.
    I probably could have got more As, but to be honest I didn't take 3rd year very seriously at ALL and seeing that I'd jumped from failing science in the mocks to getting a B made me so happy.

I started crying, I was so happy when I saw the A in maths. Pure disbelief! My teacher had no faith in me at all and I just accepted the fact that no matter how hard I worked, I wouldn't get the A, but hey. Best feeling ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aldiily

Im THRILLED with my results!!!!!!

Maths C
    English B
    Irish B
    History B
    Geography A
    Science B
    Home Economics A
    French A
    C.S.P.E A

All higher level. I wanted atleast 3As and I got 4 so im delighted with that and Maths aswell cause I thought I had failed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

catlover95 wrote: »
    Irish - A
    English - A
    Maths - A
    and B in everything else. All higher level.
    I probably could have got more As, but to be honest I didn't take 3rd year very seriously at ALL and seeing that I'd jumped from failing science in the mocks to getting a B made me so happy.

I started crying, I was so happy when I saw the A in maths. Pure disbelief! My teacher had no faith in me at all and I just accepted the fact that no matter how hard I worked, I wouldn't get the A, but hey. Best feeling ever!

3 As in those 3... are very hard to get. Well done, strange you got no additional As.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 phenomenale

Irish - A
    Maths - A
    Science - A
    French - A
    History - B
    Geography - A
    CSPE - A
    English - B
    Business - B
    Home Ec - A

Overall 7 A's and 3 B's. Kind of disappointed to be honest. History and Business are 2 of my best subjects and I scored over 95% in both of them in the mocks. (Our mocks were corrected by an external examiner also). Might appeal but don't know if I can face the disappointment if I don't move up a grade and the waste of money.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

matthew8 wrote: »
    3 As in those 3... are very hard to get. Well done, strange you got no additional As.

Indeed, very strange.

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Indeed, very strange.

attachment.php?attachmentid=49043&d=1315609003

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

attachment.php?attachmentid=49043&d=1315609003

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    LOL

• Advertisement

I was shocked at the amount of Bs in geography and maths in my year. Seriously considering appealing...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement