Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2011 - Results thread - post your results here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Also appealing Geography, one of my best subjects and I received a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I got an A and I thought it was a borderline B/C. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

FYG wrote: »
    I got an A and I thought it was a borderline B/C. :o

Me too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

got a b also in geo and it was one of the 4 subjects i was 100 percent certain of getting an a in. I got the a in history,irish nd cspe so im getting geography rechecked:) might get art rechecked too..got a b ..was fairly sure of an a.

take a look at the marking schemes before you appeal.
    I was thinking of appealing French but then I noticed the French marking scheme last year was alot more generous than this years one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Indiego wrote: »
    Me too :o

Same here, I was expecting a B but amazed to get an A! Also the same case with Science.. I think its definitely true that they mark them easily.

If I wasn't happy with my results, I would get Business re-checked. Thought it was a definite A.

I would prefer 5 As and 5 Bs to 6 As and 4 Bs to be honest though. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Same here, I was expecting a B but amazed to get an A! Also the same case with Science.. I think its definitely true that they mark them easily.

I wasnt expecting an A in Spanish, Geography, History, Religion, English, and in a way, CSPE, So getting A's in them all was a huge surprise :o

Indiego wrote: »
    I wasnt expecting an A in Spanish, Geography, History, Religion, English, and in a way, CSPE, So getting A's in them all was a huge surprise :o

I was only expecting 2 definite A's. Was hoping to sneak a third and get a total of 3 A's, 6 B's, and 1 C, so was delighted with 5 A's and 5 B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

I got 3 As 8Bs
    I was delighted with As in Honours French & English.
    All higher level subjects btw

• Advertisement

take a look at the marking schemes before you appeal.
    I was thinking of appealing French but then I noticed the French marking scheme last year was a lot more generous than this years one

Yes, I have done this. I totted up marks very strictly and the calculator gave me an A. Obviously I know, this isn't very reliable, but I felt it was a definite A, regarding both my gut feeling and after going through the marking scheme with a fine-tooth comb".

Yes, I have done this. I totted up marks very strictly and the calculator gave me an A. Obviously I know, this isn't very reliable, but I felt it was a definite A, regarding both my gut feeling and after going through the marking scheme with a fine-tooth comb".

How can you remember your answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bee_kayx

English (H)- C :/ - dissapointing,expected a B. I worked so hard
    Irish (H)-B
    Maths (O)-B -expected
    French (H)-B- ANNOYED.. i worked so hard at french,expected the a.
    CSPE-B, again.. no a
    Business(H)-C-happy
    Home Ec(H)- B
    Art(H)-D-i cried over this, all my project handed in on time,complete,marvoulous picture, and drawings have decent.. getting it rechecked,but then again im not doing it for LC so dont no if im going to bother.
    Geog(H)-C :)
    History (H)-B :)

How can you remember your answers?

Due to the amount of exam post-mortem, extreme pondering and related conversation with friends. :rolleyes: I know what I got correct from the day that I sat the exam anyways.

Due to the amount of exam post-mortem, extreme pondering and related conversation with friends. :rolleyes: I know what I got correct from the day that I sat the exam anyways.

If your memory is that good you should be getting 10 A's. :P

If your memory is that good you should be getting 10 A's. :P

From that day, I know I got such and such from talking to friends etc so I added those as definites and progressed from there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

:Dwell done everyone, results and excitement all over! I was absolutely over the moon with my results, i couldn't have asked for better:D

Oh wow, cant believe some of you remember what you got for the answers, i know i cannot remember for the life of me now!:L

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭magicray

Does anyone know how long re correction takes, my son was really upset over his "c" in higher English as he worked so hard and felt the exam went really well, after a chat with his teacher its being recorrected but no one in his school seemd to know how long they take to come back - either that or they are not saying :rolleyes:

BTW well done to you all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

It seems that I'm so stupid:(. And that feckin A from Tec annoys me. I need to get English rechecked is well, I feel that C is a bit harsh, considering that almost all my work went into it...

Interesting comments from my teachers after seeing their students' results. Nerds did very badly, those who struggled did very well.

mixery wrote: »
    It seems that I'm so stupid:(. And that feckin A from Tec annoys me. I need to get English rechecked is well, I feel that C is a bit harsh, considering that almost all my work went into it...

Interesting comments from my teachers after seeing their students' results. Nerds did very badly, those who struggled did very well.

Strangely true. :cool:

The Results of the re-checked papers come back in early November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 IamStupid..Not

5 A's, 5 B's and a C. :D Was delighted with myself. All higher level.
    English - A
    History- A
    Religion - A
    Science - A
    CSPE - A

Maths - B
    Business - B
    Art - B
    French - B
    Geography - B

Irish - C

I hugged my maths teacher and told her that I loved her. I failed my pre, and BAM, I got a B. :eek: The C in Irish was expected, my teacher wasn't that great and it was always my weakest subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

English - A
    Maths - A
    Irish - A
    Geography - B
    History - A
    Business - A
    Science - A
    Religion - B
    MT Wood - B
    Spanish - A
    CSPE - A

Fairly thrilled with that :D

mixery wrote: »
    ...that feckin A from Tec annoys me.

Why? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Long story.. I would much rather get an A in something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It seems a lot of people share my opinion that they underachieved in geography and are getting the papers checked. Could it be that there are now so many people who are good at geog that there aren't enough As to go around? Or do we overestimate ourselves?

Apparently the CSPE results were unusually poor throughout the country, this is reflected in my school, in which I got the only A out of 40, despite 33 people getting an A last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

matthew8 wrote: »
    Apparently the CSPE results were unusually poor throughout the country, this is reflected in my school, in which I got the only A out of 40, despite 33 people getting an A last year.

Were the projects the same? At 60% of the marks they are usually the deciding factor.

matthew8 wrote: »
    It seems a lot of people share my opinion that they underachieved in geography and are getting the papers checked. Could it be that there are now so many people who are good at geog that there aren't enough As to go around? Or do we overestimate ourselves?

I feel that it's the "bell curve" that has caused people to underachieve this year. Possibly, too many were receiving A's and were thus, marked down to B's. Geography is a much easier subject than many others and yet, it was evident that there was underachievement present in this year's Geography Results.
    No-one received an A in our class of over twenty students although our school is known nationwide for excellent results in both the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert. Last year's class that had the same teacher for CSPE had all A's except for three students.

Definitely getting both appealed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Well done to everyone who got results. However for people who aren't happy with results, just forget about it. Its the JC, in a few years time you will forget what grades you got in subjects.

The LC is the big thing. That's your job for the next few years. But even then its just to get your course. The whole thing is irrelevant after that. As someone who has just started in UCD I can say that I've never asked or been asked what points what points I got in the leaving.

If your disappointed in a result then just work on it, only get a recheck if its gonna affect the class your placed in for 5th year. The JC is so different to the LC. If you only managed a C in a subject for the JC then you can still get an A at higher level. I got a low C in JC English and I got a A2 in the LC.

Your journey through school is just beginning. Enjoy !

4b and 7c btw :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sophiee

Irish - A
    English - B
    Maths - C
    History - D
    Geography - C
    German - D
    Spanish - C
    Business - A
    Home Economics - C
    Music - D
    CSPE - B

I was pretty surprised with them over all since I did very little study. I was especially surprised by my English result, I never thought I'd get a B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

spurious wrote: »
    Were the projects the same? At 60% of the marks they are usually the deciding factor.

Ours were, word for word. I got a B.:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement