Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Off Topic Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Happy New Year all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

GAH!Exams are begining to creep up on me.This'll be a fun two weeks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

GAH!Exams are begining to creep up on me.This'll be a fun two weeks.

Tell me about.
    I'm sitting in the library at the moment with about 200 pages of notes in front of me from 7 subjects, wondering where the hell to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm so glad I only have 3 exams even if it was horrible before Christmas.

Although it's not like I've done study for them yet and the first one is on Monday...

I'm doing one assignment,I've only 3 exams two are irish which will be alright but I've one for audiences which has me freaking out!But at least they're two weeks away so I've a fair bit of time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

ahh nothing like the return of DIT to ruin the christmas fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Quick question, where do you go to drop out of DIT? Doing a different course next year.

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Quick question, where do you go to drop out of DIT? Doing a different course next year.
    Student Services office (formerly registration office)

Ok I got my assignment done and dusted...well bar my idea to add pictures or not:P but yes now only three exams to study for!

but pictures are the fun part of the essay! pretty pretty pictures:D

• Advertisement

True but i'm not sure my lecturer wants pictures of half naked muscley men.

True but i'm not sure my lecturer wants pictures of half naked muscley men.

Ah that depends. Id have my doubts about a few of em :pac:

Ah that depends. Id have my doubts about a few of em :pac:
    cover both bases, just incase hes bi... if hes not still something for everyone;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Dont suppose anyone knows if DIT has any A2 printers? Been asking around in bolton street and no one knows nor can i find any

P.K wrote: »
    Dont suppose anyone knows if DIT has any A2 printers? Been asking around in bolton street and no one knows nor can i find any
    sweet jesus who were ya asking?!:eek:

theres a laser plotters in the first year architect studio who are staying in bolton street. the other 2/3 will be across the road in linenhall by the end of the month along with the the rest of the architects and all the arch technologists. you need to be on their course to log in in their studios and dont know if there are other computers that can send to the plotters. im sure another department has one too.

i should be about monday if your stuck and can help ya out if ya pm me. iv got a thing on all day but im timetabled to be free 1.30-2.30, the pub is actually on the timetable for after, so i probably wont be around tuesday:D

if i cant make it, go to the first years and ask if you could print of their account and pay them. but should be a bit less than €1 a sheet depending on colour for a2. Go up the kings inn street stairs to the top floor and its on your left.

worst case, I think Flynns can do it also but charge a bomb, better for your wallet if ya could split it onto 2 a3s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hai guiz, I'm new here :D Just finished my CAO application for Early Childhood Education and unless the course jumps 50 points, I'd say I'll be joining you all next year :P So is it as friendly in here as it is in the Maynooth forum? :D

I'll just set up over here...:D

Hai guiz, I'm new here :D Just finished my CAO application for Early Childhood Education and unless the course jumps 50 points, I'd say I'll be joining you all next year :P So is it as friendly in here as it is in the Maynooth forum? :D

[SIZE="1"]I'll just set up over here...[/SIZE]:D
    Much friendlier. The maynooth people are all weirdos :cool:

How many points is Early Childhood Education anyway?

Much friendlier. The maynooth people are all weirdos :cool:

How many points is Early Childhood Education anyway?

Well that's not a very friendly start, calling me a weirdo! :P :pac:

It was 415 last year, can't see it jumping past 465 :P

I can't wait, this is actually what I want to do now, it's all very exciting! :D What's Mountjoy like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I can't wait, this is actually what I want to do now, it's all very exciting! :D What's Mountjoy like?
    It has a Father Ted corner. You need know no more.

It has a Father Ted corner. You need know no more.

Excellent, I've made the right choice so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Cathal brugha street is where all the cool kids are. The cool kids who sell ridiculously cheap/give away food. What more could you want?

I am curious about this father ted corner though... I think I'm in mount joy square for a lecture this semester so I'll have to check it out.

Bolton Street is where all the smart, handsome engineers hang out. We don't get many girls here, so you'd have your pick of the lot. If I was a girl, I'd be looking for an engineer boyfriend. Am I being too subtle?

Well that's not a very friendly start, calling me a weirdo! :P :pac:

It was 415 last year, can't see it jumping past 465 :P

lots of women, its grand so! if ya want some men unfortunately im leaving come june all goes to plan:pac:. welcome abord though! ignore the mentions of grangegorman you will never see it unless you plan on taking 25 years (*unofficial DCC words)

Bolton Street is where all the smart, handsome engineers hang out. We don't get many girls here, so you'd have your pick of the lot. If I was a girl, I'd be looking for an engineer boyfriend. Am I being too subtle?

I'm actually in a long-term relationship with a Bolton St lad :P Well, Bolton, Mountjoy and Aungier, Product Design :rolleyes:

I'm intrigued about this Father Ted corner...

Also, Aungier is clearly the best, its where all the posh D4 heads are.

Hmm father Ted corner you say.....tell me more

Hmm father Ted corner you say.....tell me more
    Yeah someone in the know needs to spill the beans on this corner.

It's a shrine to Father Ted. It's a part of the SU done up to look like the living room on the show. It's pretty good.

You should be in the know! You're the mod!

I have failed you. I'm sorry :(

Sounds awesome btw

• Advertisement

It's a shrine to Father Ted. It's a part of the SU done up to look like the living room on the show. It's pretty good.

damn need to go further than the library next time im there

Advertisement