Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Off Topic Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

First day tomorrow!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Voltwad wrote: »
    Sorry I've not been knocking around these parts lately, crazy busy with inductions etc! Congrats on the modship Rajnah :)

Thanks very much :)
    Little Pea wrote: »
    I nominated both you guys the powers above , saw it fit that the forum only needed one :-)

It's cos I'm awesome :D
    rob w wrote: »
    First day tomorrow!! :D:D:D

Welcome to DIT! What are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Got my timetable and ID today. :) Monday should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Welcome to DIT! What are you studying?

Studying Electrical Services Engineering, Advanced Entry, so straight into Year 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Welcome to DIT! =D We're great here =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

About freshers events, which ones are most worth going to, I went to the paint party last year came late and there wasn't enough paint to go round and even if I did get painted like a canvas, about getting home? I doubt the taxi is an option.

Adriatic wrote: »
    About freshers events, which ones are most worth going to, I went to the paint party last year came late and there wasn't enough paint to go round and even if I did get painted like a canvas, about getting home? I doubt the taxi is an option.
    Only went to the freshers ball myself last year due to lack of funds (gotta love student life) but that was great craic, I'd say it'll be even better this year, I'd love to see Ryan Sheridan!

And no, i don't see taxi drivers as being too thrilled with people covered in paint in their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Spare t-shirt and jeans in a backpack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 legendaryAwSum

Did anyone else receive email from some former dit student about some kind of social network website he created and wants people to test or am i the only one? I checked out the website and it turns out you have to have a dit email to register, not quite sure if i want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jaysus, those timetables are confusing to read. I seem to have a lot less hours than I expected, including Friday's off.

Is there anyway to print the timetable on one page actually? I printed it but it came out over 5 pages.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Jaysus, those timetables are confusing to read. I seem to have a lot less hours than I expected, including Friday's off.

Is there anyway to print the timetable on one page actually? I printed it but it came out over 5 pages.

Once you filter it out properly, like proper week range etc, it should fit on to one page.

In saying that, I've never actually managed to get it down fully - it's an appaling system! The best I have managed is year and week range - I can never get it to seperate groups A B and C, or to get rid of some electives, no matter how hard I try!

Hopefully you're lucky enough to be doing a course that only has 1 group and no electives!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Isn't there a field on web timetables to put in your class group? That might make it a bit smaller, other than that maybe just make your own easy to follow spreadsheet timetable? Be careful though, we were warned not to print ours off as they're subject to change throughout the year.

Did anyone else receive email from some former dit student about some kind of social network website he created and wants people to test or am i the only one? I checked out the website and it turns out you have to have a dit email to register, not quite sure if i want to.

Was it <snip> or something like that by anychance?

If it was they were lurking around here a few days ago!

EDIT:
    Just checked my mydit.ie account there, I haven't got an email from them anyway.

Mo14 wrote: »
    Isn't there a field on web timetables to put in your class group? That might make it a bit smaller, other than that maybe just make your own easy to follow spreadsheet timetable? Be careful though, we were warned not to print ours off as they're subject to change throughout the year.

Yeah there is a field to do that, but when I ever I do it says "Group not recognised" or some such tripe.

That's exactly what I did, made up a timetable in Google Docs and put it up in the class FB group for everyone.

Ya! Photography on monday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

swiftblade wrote: »
    Ya! Photography on monday! :D

Media arts with Ellen is it?

I spent a fair percentage of that class asleep...lots of it is pitch black with her talking about her holiday snaps as though she were Lee friedlander.Also it was at 9 o'clock so maybe the sleeping wasn't all her fault.not a terrible class though but she is a wee bit of a tool at times.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 legendaryAwSum

Was it <snip> or something like that by anychance?

If it was they were lurking around here a few days ago!

EDIT:
    Just checked my mydit.ie account there, I haven't got an email from them anyway.

it was <snip>, it looks pretty good, I just might register. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

it was <snip>, it looks pretty good, I just might register. :D

Two posts and both of them about some website a student created? Just, you know, throwing that out there. Looks legit.

Posts Edited - Removed link to Website

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

So are most courses back this week? I'm going to wander into Kevin St tomorrow. I don't know what room or what time I'm supposed to be in. Pretty bad form for a second year.:pac:

• Advertisement

FaceCake wrote: »
    So are most courses back this week? I'm going to wander into Kevin St tomorrow. I don't know what room or what time I'm supposed to be in. Pretty bad form for a second year.:pac:

That's pretty much my plan for tomorrow too! Maybe wander around looking for my 3rd year notice board to see if my timetable is up... Or just find other people from my class know where they are going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I think I start tomorrow..

..how do I check? lol

Should check your timetable on the DIT website! Everyone should be starting back tomorrow!

I got an email from DIT telling me when i was back and when the welcome back session is.

I got an email from DIT telling me when i was back and when the welcome back session is.

I didnt :/ I have the timetables and everything..just not sure when I actually start! Its freshers week this week, does that make a difference whether we have lectures etc?

Quick question. What room number is the TV studio in Aungier St? :)

Zyzz wrote: »
    I didnt :/ I have the timetables and everything..just not sure when I actually start! Its freshers week this week, does that make a difference whether we have lectures etc?

Well we got the email from out course co-ordinator, so it probably depends weather or not your co-ordinator got around to doing it I suppose.

No doesn't make a difference, you'll still have lectures :(

I'm actually really looking forward to going back tho. Haven't seen everyone in ages!

Well we got the email from out course co-ordinator, so it probably depends weather or not your co-ordinator got around to doing it I suppose.

No doesn't make a difference, you'll still have lectures :(

I'm actually really looking forward to going back tho. Haven't seen everyone in ages!

Aight no worries, texted a few people and they said we start tomorrow..Ill go in anyways, if nothings happening Ill just head to the pub! ;)

Zyzz wrote: »
    Aight no worries, texted a few people and they said we start tomorrow..Ill go in anyways, if nothings happening Ill just head to the pub! ;)

Gotta love college!:D

• Advertisement

Gotta love college!:D

Oh snap did I write pub? I meant eh..study

Sorry for the mis-spelling! :D

Advertisement