Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win two Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

cycle to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alandonnelly7

The foolish gardener planted a light bulb and thought he would get a power plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jazman

Q. How many local government officials does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. Fifty. One to change the light bulb and 49 to carry out a fact finding mission to Barbados to see how they change light bulbs there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

These "energy saving " light bulbs are complete and utter bull****.

They take just as much effort to screw in as the regular ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 musical_notes

Seen on a bumpersticker:
    "Ignore the environment. It'll go away."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 maxgrdn

im board so supply me with a new fone so i can put my electricy to good use and warm my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JamBox

I knew my mother had it in for me from a young age. My bath toys were an electric toaster and a hair-dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 suzywong55

turn off the light, save a polar bears life

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Get a human sized hamster wheel hooked up to a generator and run in it to generate electricity! There you kill two birds with the one stone! One you'll exercise and two you'll spend less on electricity!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Two cannibals eating a clown, one says to the other "does this taste funny to you?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 imPhilip

Turn you TV off at night, Do not leave it on standby, now to take my own advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dear girlfriend of mine that I love and adore, stop leaving the TV on and then heading to work forgetting to turn it off!!!

- Me nearly every single day.*

*may be slightly exaggerated

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Use a single, high-watt bulb. Using one high-watt bulb instead of several low-watt bulbs saves energy. Do not exceed the manufacturer’s recommended wattage for the fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nibbler

Turn off your sky box and other electrical equipment when not in use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 opelastra

leave nothing on standby! oh and candles instead of lightbulbs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Share a bath/shower with your other half!

Ooooh-Matron...! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭dinneenp

A higgs-boson particle walks up to a Catholic church.
    The priest stops him at the door and says “I’m sorry, you can’t participate in our service today.”
    The higgs-boson particle says “What?! You can’t have mass without me!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarahp100

get a home energy monitor so you can see how much energy you are using. You then become much more conscious of how much you are using!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Twould be great if all electricity consumed after a certain hour were to be cut price instead of having to have seperate meters....so cheaper electricity at off peak times... Can I patent this idea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Move to Spain for the winter months !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paddy_b08

Resisit using dryer if clothes can be put out to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Use an oldfashioned wind up alarm clock instead of a plug in one.. The perfect excuse when you're late for work AGAIN ;-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Energy drinks cannot be used to power appliances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Finnball

Just dance the cold away to a solar stereo!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lel44

toilet in the dark for sure, theres no need for the light if the door is open and u no where u are!!!!! (wouldnt recommend in a strangers house though) x:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar.

One says, "I've lost my electron."

The other says, "Are you sure?"

The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Josie369

If you have radiators on during winter, use them to dry any small items of washed clothing - socks, tea towels, baby clothes etc. It will reduce your dryer loads quite a bit - and it keeps the air in the house moist too which is healthier!! No stuffy headaches or dry throats!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Downloaded App and have already managed to scare the bejesus out of the wife who must think that the immersion runs on good will!!! Useful app and very enlightening I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Red Neck Hughie

Use steamer 'tower' saucepans for cooking, 2 or 3 foods cooked over one hob, or use pressure cookers, either reduces d'lectricity use loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Eat only raw food. Saves time and energy, and is better for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement