Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    So I've been told, nay forced, to bump this thread over punishment of death. Have a few bets for this final NFL regular season weekend round, its a tough couple of games to call in that other than the few 'safe' options, I think most games can go either way with the odd exception, so I've gone with my 'safe' options. All bets are from PP.

Seahawks over 26.5 @4/5
    Broncos over 29.0 @ 5/6
    Titans/Jaguars under 41.5 @ 10/11

Treble makes it approx 5/1 - €8 returns €50.40

Just a bit of reasoning for my bets:

Seahawks are in astounding form at home this season scoring freely with an average of 30.1 points/per game scored at home. In contrast to that, the Rams, while shaky at the start of the season have found a bit of form since their tie game at the 49ers, which spurred them on to their current 3 game away win streak. Despite this streak, I feel the Seahawks at home are just too much for them.

The Broncos' game is pretty much self explanatory. One of the best teams in the league with a record of 12-0-3, with just that one defeat at home versus one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league this year. Their last away win goes back to September

Titans/Jaguars is a non runner in regards to a game with any consequences. The Titans will want to win their final home game in front of their own fans, the Jags will want to avoid being the worst team in the league all season (I think they're safe with the Chiefs playing the Broncos). Can't see anything stellar here with both sides just wanting the season to be over.

Just an aside as I can't find a market for it on PP, Falcons to beat the Buccaneers. Easily. Falcons over 25 is a good bet if you can find it.
    Hard luck, hope you didn't the market on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Seahawks over 26.5 @4/5
    Broncos over 29.0 @ 5/6
    Titans/Jaguars under 41.5 @ 10/11

What a miserable failure :(

damn week 17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Went Nebraska first half and Georgia second half. 4/1 stacked with over 35 points for Georgia 5/6

4/1 was a complete gamble, but 5/6 was hard to turn down for Georgia, they had only 3 games this season with less than 35 points, against Bama and Florida, then the shocker that was S. Carolina
    Nebraska last game against Wisconsin too :) Who could say no to 5/6 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm not much of an NFL buff and this question probably just highlights it.

Are the texans worth a sneaky outside bet for the superbowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'm not much of an NFL buff and this question probably just highlights it.

Are the texans worth a sneaky outside bet for the superbowl?

IMO - No. They are too one dimensional, outside of Foster and Andre Johnson they dont have enough playmakers. Schaub is a decent QB but he hasnt enough weapons in my opinion. If Cinci were at home against them this weekend I would fance them to turn Houston over. Even as it is I think that game will be tight and for Houston to make the Superbowl they'll have to probably beat the Pats and Denver away from home. My best guess they beat Cinci this weekend and lose to the Pats in Foxboro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

IMO - No. They are too one dimensional, outside of Foster and Andre Johnson they dont have enough playmakers. Schaub is a decent QB but he hasnt enough weapons in my opinion. If Cinci were at home against them this weekend I would fance them to turn Houston over. Even as it is I think that game will be tight and for Houston to make the Superbowl they'll have to probably beat the Pats and Denver away from home. My best guess they beat Cinci this weekend and lose to the Pats in Foxboro.

Fair enough. I've the pats laid for profit but am afraid to go near the broncos. They're 4 on betfair and they've drifted ever so slightly since yesterday. Might just give that one a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Two match ups for us to lust after tonight.

at 9pm we have the Bengals travelling to the Texans

this will be a battle of quarterbacks looking to gain their first play off win in the NFL

later at 1am we have a repeat of week 17 match up as this time the Vikings travel to the Packers.

this will be the passing of the packers against the rushing of the vikings.

should be classic il preview all 4 games this weekend

interesting angle i have found:

1st play: run or pass

run was 10/11 in denver game

all 5 play off games have been runs (4rushes, 1 scramble)

i would have said rush is 60:40 or so from my watching of football on an opening drive.

10/11 later on the first play being run with betvictor. in packers v 49ers game . bit more on it their

so any bets tonight?

Really like hernandez to break out tonight just needs 70yds

49ers half covered think if Patriots allowed pick off middle of field it could be a 10pt plus win for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

manafana wrote: »
    so any bets tonight?

Really like hernandez to break out tonight just needs 70yds

49ers half covered think if Patriots allowed pick off middle of field it could be a 10pt plus win for them

Great spot on the run to be the first offense play.

2 out 2 matches tonight.

is it all the playoff matches bar 1 that that bet came up in ?

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Great spot on the run to be the first offense play.

2 out 2 matches tonight.

is it all the playoff matches bar 1 that that bet came up in ?

think its 6 from 8 for the play offs, but on one of them i bet with betvictor and they paid out on the run. Id expect run 60-70% of time as first play so at 10/11 had to be bet, bet365 more clued in and offer like 4/6.

hernandez had good start but patriots sucked 2nd half

NBA double header on sky sports looks really good tonight, iv posted a friends blog with bets for both sky games

Great to see sky filling in NFL with NBA for us SUnday evening.

well its Superbowl Sunday ,

cue random bets on colour of gatorade, boobs popping out but most of all the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Any body bet on the NBA? You can get good prices betting in play I find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

MLB back tonight on ESPN America Texas at Houston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Bryce Harper! What a start to the season for him and the Nats.

Yu Darvish nearly goes perfect then last night. Great start to America's favourite game! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

F.J. wrote: »
    Any body bet on the NBA? You can get good prices betting in play I find!

Yes and yes, so long as you watch the games obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yes and yes, so long as you watch the games obviously.

Would you have any favourite teams to bet on?
    Have made some off the Knicks and Heat recently

F.J. wrote: »
    Would you have any favourite teams to bet on?
    Have made some off the Knicks and Heat recently

I'd prefer not to go too much into detail it as I have my reasons, but in general terms.. There are patterns and trends with certain teams that I take note of and they become consistent bets either throughout the season or at different points during the season. Betting on favourites all the time in basketball isn't a sharp move usually at in regards to capping basketball games, many reasons for this and I'd be here for ages trying to explain it. But when they hit form, I'll roll with them of course. Knicks would be a good example of that over the past week or two. The Heat meanwhile, spread/handicap wise have never been really dependable for more than a few games at a time I've found myself and I include their 27 winstreak too.

Wrestlemania is on tonight, gone with these.

Ade's Super Duper Accum:
    John Cena (1/7), Triple H (1/4), Alberto Del Rio (1/4), Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (13/8), Ryback (2/7), Fandango (1/4) and Tons of Funk (1/3)

€25 returns €250ish

Singles:
    Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston @ 13/8
    Brock Lesnar @ 3/1
    The Rock @ 7/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Ade's Super Duper Accum:
    John Cena (1/7), Triple H (1/4), Alberto Del Rio (1/4), Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (13/8), Ryback (2/7), Fandango (1/4) and Tons of Funk (1/3)

€25 returns €250ish

Singles:
    Brock Lesnar @ 3/1
    The Rock @ 7/1

There is always a shock win in Wrestlemania, what match do you think it will be Nuri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What bookies are taking bets on Mania this year?

kryogen wrote: »
    What bookies are taking bets on Mania this year?

Paddy Power, Sky Bet and Willian Hill are as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Ade's Super Duper Accum:

€25 returns €250ish

Singles:
    Brock Lesnar @ 3/1
    The Rock @ 7/1

isn't betting on wrestling like betting on something to happen in a soap opera? just wondering how you go about finding value

Only seeing the posts after mine for the first time.

Bookies cleaned up last night big time.

Really thought WWE would throw a curve ball in one of the three main events after near everyone were saying that the main event picture was predictable and it be straightforward wins for the favorites. Probably over thought it a tad myself, though who in their right mind could see Henry going over Ryback.... but anyway. Back to back PPV's I've won nowt is disappointing though.
    pbowenroe wrote: »
    isn't betting on wrestling like betting on something to happen in a soap opera? just wondering how you go about finding value

Yup.

Well I try to keep up to date somewhat with the current product (even if I don't particularly enjoy it as I once did or watch anything near what I did better put admittedly). Then it's about looking ahead from both a storyline and business perspective and making an educated guess as to who wins. Nothing more to it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

I feel there is significant value is the below bet which only happens a handful of times in the season and this is the finals which is even more surprising.

NBA Finals - San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat (Game 2) - Miami Heat / Miami Heat (HT/FT) - 1.8 (Paddy Power)

Miami Heat 103-84 San Antonio Spurs (Game 2) (Half Time: Miami Heat 50-45 San Antonio Spurs)

USA NBA - Miami Heat At San Antonio Spurs (Game 3) - LeBron James Total Points Under 26.5 - 1.91 (William Hill)

USA NBA - Miami Heat At San Antonio Spurs (Game 3) - LeBron James Total Points Under 26.5 - 1.91 (William Hill)

Just curious, but what is your reasoning behind the bet?

• Advertisement

Miami Heat At San Antonio Spurs (Game 3) - LeBron James Total Points 15

Advertisement