Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Anyone looking at the 3 NBA bets tonight??

I've went with this but i know sweet f all.

Dallas Mavericks At Los Angeles Lakers
    Under (185.5) @ 10/11

Boston Celtics At Miami Heat
    Boston Celtics (+6.5) @ 10/11

Washington Wizards At Cleveland Cavaliers
    Over (190.5) @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Anyone looking at the 3 NBA bets tonight??

I've went with this but i know sweet f all.

Dallas Mavericks At Los Angeles Lakers
    Under (185.5) @ 10/11

Boston Celtics At Miami Heat
    Boston Celtics (+6.5) @ 10/11

Washington Wizards At Cleveland Cavaliers
    Over (190.5) @ 10/11

EPIC FAIL!!

Please tell me someone knows something in here about the NBA. Or send me a link to a good tipping website on NBA. Love betting on it. Know **** all about it and the research i do doesen't seem to work. Cheers peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

CriticEyes wrote: »
    EPIC FAIL!!

Please tell me someone knows something in here about the NBA. Or send me a link to a good tipping website on NBA. Love betting on it. Know **** all about it and the research i do doesen't seem to work. Cheers peeps

Take a seat and look at it for the next three weeks. After that we'll be able to get more information to work with. The next few weeks are all about gathering the info in order to work the books. too many unknowns out there now. A couple of things to look for though if you are interested in betting it now. Bet home dogs between 1-7 points on the outright as well as the handicap, can turn a good night great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

pptv have picked up some nba games which is great, always nice not to have to deal with time delays and adds on streams

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I like the look of the Heat (-5.5 on Betfair, -6 elsewhere) against the Knicks tonight.

The Knicks are the oldest team in the league and have seven injuries to contend with already. The Heat are the best team in the NBA and started off with a nice win against a tough Boston team the other night. Also, the Knicks haven't played a game yet this season because of their scheduled opener being postponed because of the hurricane, so they won't have had an opportunity to knock the rust off yet.

Some detailed information on the Knicks injuries here:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/sims-knicks-suffering-from-injuries-already/

And a game preview here:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/preview?gameId=400277740

Of course the Hurricane Sandy could well unite the whole team and city and if New York had a full roster I'd be tempted to stay away from this, but given the injury problems New York have I can't see them being able to stick with the Heat for a full game.

Heat -5.5 is available on Betfair at 5/6 or -6 is widely available with the usual bookmakers:

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/miami-heat-at-new-york-knicks/point-spread/best-odds

Good luck to anyone who decides to take it :cool:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I like the look of the Heat (-5.5 on Betfair, -6 elsewhere) against the Knicks tonight.

The Knicks are the oldest team in the league and have seven injuries to contend with already. The Heat are the best team in the NBA and started off with a nice win against a tough Boston team the other night. Also, the Knicks haven't played a game yet this season because of their scheduled opener being postponed because of the hurricane, so they won't have had an opportunity to knock the rust off yet.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/sims-knicks-suffering-from-injuries-already/

And a game preview here:

Of course the Hurricane Sandy could well unite the whole team and city and if New York had a full roster I'd be tempted to stay away from this, but given the injury problems New York have I can't see them being able to stick with the Heat for a full game.

Heat -5.5 is available on Betfair at 5/6 or -6 is widely available with the usual bookmakers:

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/miami-heat-at-new-york-knicks/point-spread/best-odds

Good luck with Miami, i think they are too talented to be only 6 point favourites on New york but who knows what way New York will react to the devestation of the super storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

And a game preview here:

Well, that didn't go well anyway, especially since I took the Pacers also who lost by 1 point to the Bobcats. I'm going to leave it for a few weeks until I have a better idea of how teams will be shaping up this season.

iv got all the major NCAA football games discussed in my blog, upto midnight for now will be more later picks are in bold here

on steelers 2moro at 8/5 look good value.

big bet on flacco unders tonight guys 270.5 here to big other main prop bets in bold.
    possible value in jags,titans and panthers

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I'm on WAS and SEA handicap double

• Advertisement

my look at tonights game here

being thursday night i think il go overs, so colts by 7 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

anybody recommend Clemson in the spread tomorrow night (-31.5) looking to double my Colts money from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

anybody recommend Clemson in the spread tomorrow night (-31.5) looking to double my Colts money from last night

32 is a bloody high spread to cover

some college tips for tonight here

real fan of louisville think its a low spread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Ok, got lucky here, Clemson won by 35, thinking of a roll over on Irish (-19.5) What say ye?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Took a double on Miami v Memphis U 194 and Oklahoma City v Cleveland U 196 @5.18

Im on texans later blog here

Took a double on Miami v Memphis U 194 and Oklahoma City v Cleveland U 196 @5.18

Well, that sucked. Last shot of the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

double of philly -4.0 and Portland to win..at 3.25

Double on Miami game O 194 & Chicago game O 182 @3.36 - win

• Advertisement

Double on Miami game O 194 & Chicago game O 182 @3.36 - win

Nice hit.

Have gone for a small stakes accumulator on the NBA later -

MIA v DEN O 200
    BOS v BRO O 188
    NY v SA O 190
    BRO win
    SA win
    DEN win

@18.13

How you find nba so far mixed results, good see some of last years losing teams going well so far.

NFL tonight thats my main focus looking forward to bills and did them -2.5 20/21 with ladbrokes earlier blog here

manafana wrote: »
    How you find nba so far mixed results, good see some of last years losing teams going well so far.

NFL tonight thats my main focus looking forward to bills and did them -2.5 20/21 with ladbrokes earlier blog here

To be honest, I'm only recently finding my way back into it through sports betting. Used to be a huge fan of NBA and NHL but fell out of touch when I was moving around so much (never got TV sorted).

Just trying to keep on top of NBA and UFC now but it's melting my head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have gone for a small stakes accumulator on the NBA later -

MIA v DEN O 200
    BOS v BRO O 188
    NY v SA O 190
    BRO win
    SA win
    DEN win

@18.13

Can you combine the m/l and over bets from the same matches though? thought they would be classed as related bets

Here's my bet -

Bet365.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dropkickrugby

lads, i come in here, looking for something to go on for miami and buffalo for some late night fiending, and find NOTHING! For SHAME!!!! :D

I took buffalo; Dan Marino isn't even on the bench tonight for Miami

my blog link above tips the bills to win tonight,

as well as expecting a good night from fitzpatrick and spiller

2 three and outs for miami, not a good sign against a defence thats been given it up this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

1c622b5b641e5c7f331a7a0faabe8360.png?1353100511

Advertisement