Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And no matter there's no way the score woulda stayed out that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Anyone going near the basketball tonight? Football was ****e to me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

On Atlanta tonight +6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Myerz

On Atlanta tonight +6.5

Hawks were +6.5 against the Nets? Surely -6.5. They were definately favorites for that game.

Myerz wrote: »
    Hawks were +6.5 against the Nets? Surely -6.5. They were definately favorites for that game.
    Different sport man. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Don't see the need for the :rolleyes: since you didn't specify what sport you were quoting the odds from....and it's still not clear!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't see the need for the :rolleyes: since you didn't specify what sport you were quoting the odds from....and it's still not clear!
    I'v only posted in this thread regarding one sport and I said the same bet in a post before hand.

The :rolleyes: was to see his reaction. Know him from another forum. Socket here.

Anyway Myerz, I was referring to NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

OKC are at home, unbeaten and facing a team that was blown out in it's opening two games of the season.

However, I think Phoenix (+12) is worth a bet. OKC are playing their 5th game since x-mas day and westbrook has been shooting the ball terribly.

Phoenix are coming off their first win and have a good record in Oklahoma city. 12 pts looks too big to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Any thoughts on the NFL games later? Thinking the Patriots will cover the spread.

Taking The Saints -7.

I wouldnt be backing The Pats -10.5 against The Bills at all. The bills can be very sticky at times.

The Broncos -3.5 will be my other bet.

Other than that I am soooo excited for the Cowboys - Giants game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Myerz

I'v only posted in this thread regarding one sport and I said the same bet in a post before hand.

The :rolleyes: was to see his reaction. Know him from another forum. Socket here.

Anyway Myerz, I was referring to NFL.

I thought it was NBA as the post before it said anyone going near basketball tonight? and the next reply was Atlanta +6.5. wink.gif

Ok, Looked at some stats and here are my tips for the night:

Philadelphia Eagles -8 10/11
    New Orleans Saints -7 10/11
    Minnesota Vikings -1.5 4/5

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Good luck all.
    Looks like you might be right about the patriots, I can still see them coming strong in the second half. Didn't get on in time to get the saints but took the eagles and Vikings in play right before the first scores :)

Good luck all.

1. Winner
    2. Winner
    3. Loser

2/3 for the night = Profit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

With the shortened NBA schedule this year, it won't be unusual for teams to play on three consecutive nights. I think every team has to do it at least once.

It will be unusual for the team playing the third night in a row to be facing a team that hasn't been playing on either of the preceding two nights though.

That situation happens tonight When the Bucks, who haven't played since Friday take on the Nuggets, who are playing their third night in a row.

This makes the 8/5 for a Bucks win look tempting. They'll be fresher physically and have had days to study the opposing team's weaknesses.
    There is the possibility of ring-rust, but the Bucks have blasted out into an early lead in most of their games so far this season.

Your logic is flawed on that!

The Lakers played the first 3 nights in the row, lost the first two and were playing Utah the third night who hadn't played yet....what happened?!....Lakers by 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Can somebody explain to me what the difference is between the 2 bets i placed on bet365 over ice hockey,both moneyline bets.

First bet finished 4/4 end of 3rd period, herlev won ot.

Herlev Eagles Herlev Eagles vs Copenhagen Hockey
    (Money Line) 28/12/2011 None 20/29 Push
    Stake: 151.65 To Win: 104.59 Returns: 151.65
    Total Stake: 151.65 Total Returns: 151.65

Second bet finished 2/2 end of 3rd period, SJ won ot.

SJ Sharks SJ Sharks @ VAN Canucks
    (Money Line) 03/01/2012 None 13/10 Won
    Stake: 0.20 To Win: 0.26 Returns: 0.46
    Total Stake: 0.20 Total Returns: 0.46

Is it different rules for different countries(yes i am noob! :P

First bet doesn't seem to have the right figures in it!

Are you sure :D? Round the odds to 2/3, so 150 returns around 100.
    But why would they pay out on the 2nd bet and not the first,both teams won in ot:confused:

Well surely this should read:

Stake: 151.65 To Win: 104.59 Returns: 151.65256.24

Really don't know why it says push beside the first bet though!

• Advertisement

ah i get you now :)....thats the settled bet screen i posted...so they basically refunded the stake...may as well send them an email querying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lump on Clemson -5.5 in the American Football live on PP they're 5/6. They still have it as 14-14 but clemson are 14-17 up.but they are absolutely all over them. I can see them pulling away easy

-3.5 now. That price is HUGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is the PP site not blocked in the US?

It is to bet I can still access it. I'm texting my friends trying to get them to back it for me. I can't even sign in to my betfair to get latest prices during racing

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

UrbanSea wrote: »
    It is to bet I can still access it. I'm texting my friends trying to get them to back it for me. I can't even sign in to my betfair to get latest prices during racing

Holy crap dude your mates are gonna hate you. They 49-20 down at half time. That the right game? They playing West Virginia? Really hope you didn't get on.

Lump on Clemson -5.5 in the American Football live on PP they're 5/6. They still have it as 14-14 but clemson are 14-17 up.but they are absolutely all over them. I can see them pulling away easy
    -3.5 now. That price is HUGE

Well that was terrible advice...Clemson out scored 35-3 in the 2nd!

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Holy crap dude your mates are gonna hate you. They 49-20 down at half time. That the right game? They playing West Virginia? Really hope you didn't get on.
    No I was trying to get them to back it for me,thank the lord they didn't. They are being absolutely destroyed
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Well that was terrible advice...Clemson out scored 35-3 in the 2nd!

Well that was productive.

Ice Hockey Tips for the night if yee are interested

Calgary v Boston - Boston -1.5 - 6/5 (WH)
    Winnipeg v Toronto - Over 5.5 - 4/5 (bwin)
    Columbus v San Jose - San Jose -1.5 - 6/5 (bet365)
    ... Florida v NY Rangers - Rangers race to 3 goals - EVS (WH)

The Boston Bruins are playing amazingly well this season so far and their home form is partly the reason for this (their away form is good too, but not as good as their home form) and with their recent 6-1 win over New Jersey they have yet again made a statement of intent. Calgary are struggling this year and although Iginla's and Jokinen have been played exceptionally well yet again this season, in effect carrying the team, I can't Boston relenting. Toronto have been disappointing as of late after a good start to the season and this game could be one that decides if either get's into the playoffs. This is the third meeting between the two with 12 goals in the previous 2 meetings. San Jose swept Anaheim for an easy win and will be looking to do the same against an equally poor Columbus. Finally, the last of four matches between the Rangers and Florida and with the Rangers winning the Winter Classic they'll be on a high and the last two games have seen them storm to easy wins, a repeat is possible and they've scored 3 or more in 4 of their last 5 games only conceding three once.

Good luck Lads.

• Advertisement

AW LADS SUCH AN ENDING

Anyone watching the Heat game? Bosh just made a three pointer to tie the game,0.6 seconds left,surely bringing it in to OT. Not exactly known for his 3 point shooting

Edit OT now

Advertisement