Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Heading out with Mrs Boobar this weekend to celebrate wedding anniversary.

Was given a nice Kindle a few weeks back as a gift, loving it. My 3 year old is looking forward to Xmas in a big way and is growing up quick, thank God she's healthy and happy.

Work going well and paying most of the bills.

All in...things going very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Got a call today about a job I did an Interview for about 2 months back and I got it! :D

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Congrats bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Well done Michael, it's so good to hear news like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Great stuff Michael,

Best of luck with the new job. Great to hear news like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Well done Michael :)

Its Thursday and I'm going home for the weekend tomorrow and I've a lift! I'm loving my new job and I'm seeing a really nice relaxed guy :) It's all good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

3 months since my last cigerate.....

:D chuffed...

Well done man keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Mucho respect dude :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

chuffed...
    Well done! I remember your first post on this thread when you were only a few days in. Keep it up - you're doing great

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Well done man keep it up!
    Mucho respect dude :cool:

thanks folks for liking and for saying that its a great feeling to no that I can kick ass on something that some people kind let control them to beat its ass with a hammer is a cool feeling... :cool:

ooo and if your aloud to listen to music in work may i recommend

www.friskyradio.com its free and brill favorite online station :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Congratulations on that and keep up the good work ;)
    As a smoker myself who hasn't been able to quit I know just how big an achievment that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Over a year ago I took the step that is deleting all contact with the ex in order to finally get over her. (After a year of us being broken up and me trying my darnest to get us back together.)
    All contact bar gmail gone, kept the gmail contact there in the blind hope that some day she might for some reason make contact with me.
    I'm after spotting there that shes no longer in my contacts.
    Ouch.
    Fúcks sake like, we are broken up almost as long as we were together and yet any time I've a few pints in me and a moment to myself, she enters my head. Then seeing that today has my heart in knots.
    For some reason I really wanted to contact her once I spotted it, even though I know in my heart and soul she has absolutely no interest in me whatsoever. Someone needs to figure out how to move on big style here or else I'll never find that "Miss Right" I bloody well deserve to meet at this stage.
    Grr!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Panthro wrote: »
    Over a year ago I took the step that is deleting all contact with the ex in order to finally get over her. (After a year of us being broken up and me trying my darnest to get us back together.)
    All contact bar gmail gone, kept the gmail contact there in the blind hope that some day she might for some reason make contact with me.
    Ouch.
    Fúcks sake like, we are broken up almost as long as we were together and yet any time I've a few pints in me and a moment to myself, she enters my head. Then seeing that today has my heart in knots.
    For some reason I really wanted to contact her once I spotted it, even though I know in my heart and soul she has absolutely no interest in me whatsoever. Someone needs to figure out how to move on big style here or else I'll never find that "Miss Right" I bloody well deserve to meet at this stage.
    Easier said than done, but it's time to move on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ouch.

I know the way. When I finally got wasted and realised that for the first time I had no way to contact a certain someone I was actually really happy. Unfortunately a few months later when wasted I saw she was back on facebook and I let fly. :pac:

Derek! wrote: »
    Congratulations on that and keep up the good work ;)
    As a smoker myself who hasn't been able to quit I know just how big an achievment that is!

ahh man listen..

I gave up smoking because i meet a girl who couldn't stand smokers and the fact it was distorting me gums...

So I have no choice...

Ouch.

let go of her except that theres no future only a past... don't beat your self up... we all at one stage or anther hold on to some one.. its normal but unhealthy, just let go.

If you don't know how make the changes to :)

Ouch.

Know exactly what you're going through man - pretty much in an identical situation.

I didn't try anything to get back together like yourself though because as shít as it is - I know it's the right move for me and her....it wouldn't be the same if it did happen, and even if it did I fail to see how I'd be able to get over it a second time around.

That said every time I see the contact in the phone I think about her - unsubscribed from alerts on Facebook the other day because I couldn't stand seeing photos etc.

It's been a year, and like yourself - almost over as long as it lasted but still think about her, what I would've done differently etc. on a daily basis - the thing is as time goes by you dwell on it less and less - you realize alot quicker that there's no point in torturing yourself with such thoughts because it's just not good for your general well being and mental state.

I think the thing about men is when we fall we fall fúckin hard - in love and breakups.

You'll get back on your feet eventually, I will too, and god help the female population of our localities when it happens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Well done Snow Monkey, that's great!

Panthro you will get over her, it takes time, took me nearly 2 years to get over my ex and I broke up with him! Don't beat yourself up for thinking about her, you will find someone! I still think about my ex (not in a missing way) so relax it just takes time!

You should come to beers and it will help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fair play. I gave em up over 2 years ago (on third attempt) and it definitely gets easier with time. Don't really even think about it anymore except the very odd time when I get a bit of a craving. TBH I can't stand the smell of the things anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bad form. Have a bit of a cold and just split my lip with a sneeze. :pac:

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Bad form. Have a bit of a cold and just split my lip with a sneeze. :pac:
    I hate when that happens!!

Thanks pem :)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Fair play. I gave em up over 2 years ago (on third attempt) and it definitely gets easier with time. Don't really even think about it anymore except the very odd time when I get a bit of a craving. TBH I can't stand the smell of the things anymore.

Fair play to you to man to its a good feeling.. i haven't had a craving in weeks... :)
    do you get angry when people smoke in the car its like i get visions of beating them to a pulp its so annoying and disgusting not to mention irritating how ever cigars are aloud!

My mum just asked to fix her lap top its window....

/facepalm this could drive me to cigerates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

bad form, kids were doing everything to drive me over the edge on the school run this morning, then the youngest lad got all upset and started asking for his mam..inconsolable..and I was late for work.

I smoke but I don't understand how people smoke in their cars - maybe if I was stuck in a traffic jam for ages and stressed I'd put down the window and have one but you're ruining the car by making it smell like smoke imo - think it should be illegal to really.

Today - I'm in alright form - have an exam later that I'm not in the best of shape for but I'm not stressed - got a good bit done over the past few days so should pass and that's all I want tbh - the exam counts for nothing and I know that, had I not been up the walls starting a new job I'd be in far better shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PaulieC wrote: »
    I smoke but I don't understand how people smoke in their cars - maybe if I was stuck in a traffic jam for ages and stressed I'd put down the window and have one but you're ruining the car by making it smell like smoke imo - think it should be illegal to really.

Sorry for nitpick, but really? Make it illegal to smoke in your own car? o.O

/ontopic
    Kinda had an up and down week, trying to deal with how the last year has gone.
    Still miss a wonderful girl I broke up with, and it's coming up to the anniversary of a very good friends death.
    On top of that I just found out I get to see my kids one more time before X-mas, and then not again until the New Year.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Sorry for nitpick, but really? Make it illegal to smoke in your own car? o.O

/ontopic
    Kinda had an up and down week, trying to deal with how the last year has gone.
    Still miss a wonderful girl I broke up with, and it's coming up to the anniversary of a very good friends death.
    On top of that I just found out I get to see my kids one more time before X-mas, and then not again until the New Year.
    Requires the use of a hand that could be otherwise used for steering - not much different from using a handheld device.

Been in cars with people driving and smoking and just don't understand it, wait til you get to your destination - makes the ciggie all the sweeter imo

Sorry to hear about the situation with the Kids man, know it's not any consolation but hope the visit you have with them is special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Good form.Im workin for the next 3 days but then Im off til the 4th,yahoo.Plus beers Saturday night.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

feeling pretty down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

feeling pretty down.

What's up man?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Lee don't feel bad about posting negative things.sometimes it helps to just get it out. Though have to say I watch what I say for being negative because some people seem have a problem with it,but dont mind them.

Advertisement