Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I get like that. A good spate at the gym is the only thing that keeps my spirits up on these dreary weekday evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Lads. Why all the drearines. If your in college you don't have to worry too much about mortgages, bills, kids, etc. There are many people who would love to be back in college.

Like me :(

Or else working and rich. That would be nice too. Ah fkit sure I have my health, there's divil a bit wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

thegills wrote: »
    Lads. Why all the drearines. If your in college you don't have to worry too much about mortgages, bills, kids, etc. There are many people who would love to be back in college.

Bad form isnt the exclusive feeling of people with mortgages or kids you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

thegills wrote: »
    There are many people who would love to be back in college.

Have to say I hated college, constant assignments and project deadlines. Very stressful. My job though, handy, pays the bills and when I leave at the end of the days that's it, no deadlines hanging over me. I can fully relax, go out, do whatever. I couldn't do any of that in college.

• Advertisement

Really? I would LOVE to be back in college - I had a great time! Nice having the few squid though now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sky King wrote: »
    I get like that. A good spate at the gym is the only thing that keeps my spirits up on these dreary weekday evenings.
    Starting a new job with a company that has an on site gym so really can't wait to get back into a routine of weights and cardio

Haven't properly had a good 6/8 week program in over two years due to college and finding work after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I'm beat!

My nana died a week today - she's been buried; I couldn't go to the funeral.

So much sh!t going on with me, right now all I want is my bed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Condolences on your loss Min.

I like my latest tune after giving my ears a break from it for the evening - which is always a good sign. And it's in 5/4 too. Cheered me up after a few crappy days in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sent that email.
    Got a response a few days later, but she said it wasn't her and won't be making contact again.

Fair enough really, she didn't have to respond but did anyway.

On a positive note. I've recently been offered a sponsorship and a new job making Gaming vids. Tempted to take it I have to admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm only out of college a year and I know what it can be like - I cut out commuting home in final year as that's half the problem - I was only travelling home weekends then working etc and it takes it out of you.

It's really hard but if, like me, you were going out a good bit or even staying up late with mates chatting etc. - then try to cut it out every now and again as you're burning the candle at both ends - when you get a chance to recharge - grab it! :)

Only came back to the thread now.

Thing is I haven't been out this year at all yet and haven't stayed up once. So it's not that. Just the travelling and hours. No can do about them though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ok'ish form, been going out a lot and drinking silly amounts. Cutting back big time as it isn't healthy. Got the run around from some girl, ego a bit dented. Will be back to my normal self in no time hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Sky King wrote: »
    Like me :(

Or else working and rich. That would be nice too. Ah fkit sure I have my health, there's divil a bit wrong with that.

great attitude son!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

I had to give a presentation to about 15 people today. I was pretty nervous I have to say. But it went grand! Sure bring on the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

On a serious roll here....

Every issue reported to me today has been fixed with minimum fuss, rebuilding a few machines, it's all going swimmingly,
    In a really happy chappy (which is probably annoying my co-workers) mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Spending the weekend working on my thesis presentation in a month. Essays due before it too. Got dropped for a final too and didnt even get a run as a sub even in the replay have no idea why. Not sure if I want to be a teacher so taken a another elective in media to have other options when I finish and getting hassle cause I dont fullfill the requirements the college wants even though its OK with the teaching council. Feeling alot of pressure and dont want want to let everyone down. Worrying about money, miss the gym and miss my gf have not seen her in ages.

Rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Hang in there scoop. It can be stressful when you're trying to live up to other peoples' expectations as well as your own. I felt the same a few years ago. You might feel like everything's crashing down on you at once but, as hard as it is to believe, you'll find your way eventually if you keep going. There are many roads to success, some of them require a few turns and changes of direction. You will get there. Keep your chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

oh the form is bad the last two days:mad:.
    my best freind has told me she will be going to austraila for a year.
    i must say the taught of it is really upseting,but im glad for her at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

Just posted this in the tLL but there is too much happiness there. :o

So, just did a monumentally meh interview for a job I really want and can really do. Job I really want. Meh interview. :(:(:( Had to explain gaps and whatnot and illnesses I've had. Gave loads of utterly shít vague answers. Didn't emphasis my strengths well enough. And there's more to interview. And I had to spend a fúck-load to get here and stay for the interview (nearly E200) because I don't know anyone here and it's the opposite end of the country to where I live. And I looked wrecked due to lack of sleep. And an opportunity like this will be a long time coming again. They could not have been more meh about me if they tried. Why am I so bad at interviews? And life in general? FML. :(:mad::(

Didn't get this job but got surprisingly good feedback from the interview. Like a proper, non-generic, thoughtful email. Must be better at them than I thought. :cool:

Also, as of this weekend, I have a boyfriend! \o/ Things are lookin' up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Finished wrapping up the wee bits and bobs for xmas :D
    Now just gotta buy the main presents for each family member in next few weeks then can save up for a nice present for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I've been a busy boy, ups and downs everywhere!

The bad: work has been a terrible pain, getting really hard to communicate with people in other offices which leads to things going haywire and morale is dropping rapidly. A "strategic restructure" which is due to happen over the next few months has people worried. :(

The good:

I've been trying my level best to move jobs and completed the last stage of an interview last night (even though the job is local it's been mainly handled in a foreign country hence the weird interview time) and I have another one (initial round) later this afternoon.

Also I'm heading on a foreign sun holiday for a week on Saturday! :)

I really hope I get that fcuking job!

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    xmas

Already... really...?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dont want to sound stupid but here goes..

Theres days where im like a yo yo and i dunno what does be wrong with me.
    im a 27yr old marketing student and ive great friends, a half decent social life and im seeing someone. but theres days where i just cant be bothered with college so i just sit in front of the tele and eat crap all day. my moods do be all over the place but im putting that down to my diet. i started going to the gym a few weeks cos i need to lose a lot of weight but im after getting bored of that too..

i need to re focus and build my confidence and improve my lifestyle completely.

any tips??

I dont want to sound stupid but here goes..

Theres days where im like a yo yo and i dunno what does be wrong with me.
    im a 27yr old marketing student and ive great friends, a half decent social life and im seeing someone. but theres days where i just cant be bothered with college so i just sit in front of the tele and eat crap all day. my moods do be all over the place but im putting that down to my diet. i started going to the gym a few weeks cos i need to lose a lot of weight but im after getting bored of that too..

i need to re focus and build my confidence and improve my lifestyle completely.

any tips??
    With regard to the Gym and in fact all aspects of your life - Set goals/targets and reach them.

Set yourself up with a gym routine - find ones online etc - document your progress so you can see visually how well you're doing - and then you'll notice a real physical difference in yourself in 6weeks or so.

The same can be said with social stuff - save up for a trip somewhere with the missus if possible, get concert tickets - give yourself something to look forwards to and you'll find yourself working towards that date....after that set a new target.

It's what I've been practicing lately and while I'm still moody or down every now and again, it's been working well enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

PaulieC wrote: »
    With regard to the Gym and in fact all aspects of your life - Set goals/targets and reach them.

Set yourself up with a gym routine - find ones online etc - document your progress so you can see visually how well you're doing - and then you'll notice a real physical difference in yourself in 6weeks or so.

The same can be said with social stuff - save up for a trip somewhere with the missus if possible, get concert tickets - give yourself something to look forwards to and you'll find yourself working towards that date....after that set a new target.

It's what I've been practicing lately and while I'm still moody or down every now and again, it's been working well enough for me

Thanks for that... I'll keep ye updated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Started a small assignment today for college and got it done. Feel good. Working all weekend though which sucks but just thinking of the money now. Will get me through it hopefully :)

Will wrote: »
    Started a small assignment today for college and got it done. Feel good. Working all weekend though which sucks but just thinking of the money now. Will get me through it hopefully :)
    Fair dues man - the small assignments always got cast to one side by myself when I was in college - doing them after the stress of the larger ones was probably why most of mine sucked!!

Work sucks alright but it's moolah as you say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Don't know what's wrong with me but feel all down in the dumps. :( :mad: Pissed off at myself for feeling this way. Also, the boss wants to see me during my lunch break...wonder what I've done (oops?)

Edit: turns out I'll be starting a new job in 2 weeks time. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Tis Friday so wooo! A wet friday, but still an end to the working week! Woop!

Advertisement