Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

swapple wrote: »
    Yesterday I got home to find my blood donor card had arrived! I now know that I'm O negative, which is brilliant because apparently anyone can receive my blood if they need it; especially useful in emergency situations.
    So I can be useful to society :)

Yay! I am also 0 neg. Our blood can be given to new born babies. Definately an incentive to donate. Although, I've been banned for ages from donating blood because my irons a bit low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

past 3 days I've been a itching my all over my face eye watering and couldn't figure out why then it dawned on me

Hay fever :(.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm quite sad today and not sure how to fix it.

I already had ice cream but now I feel sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

Snowie wrote: »
    past 3 days I've been a itching my all over my face eye watering and couldn't figure out why then it dawned on me

Hay fever :(.....

I know that pain. I remember a few years back I had just started a new summer job and after finishing one day my head was in agony and my sinuses were swollen. I never want to go through that again. Thankfully I haven't had it that bad since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Great form, went for a 50 km cycle today and didn't die :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    Football! :(

Would you like a wee cuddle?

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:D Put on shorts that I wore at my first TGC beers in Jan and they are loose. Woop woop!

Put on a pair of jeans from last year and they didn't button :(

Feeling pretty lonely, back to classes next week so hopefully things will be better once I'm busy again!

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better in the morning Princess Peach. Don't worry about the jeans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Get into the office today and go to make a coffee with a friend of mine - we dont use the coffee machine cause it is liquid death - so we bought a coffee press and starbucks blend - nice way to start the morning.

Our coffee machine is broken and a girl I work with eanted a coffee so I offered her some instant coffee that I had - she took some and thanked me - job done! (in a good mood this monring I was)

Head of I.T. comes in (calls himself the Chief Technical Officer because he is a w@nker) - see's the machine is broken and starts pushing buttons. Now I don't like theg uy but I still try to be nice when I can so I offered him some Instant (it's good stuff now - not maxwell house or anything) - to say he turned it down is an understatement - he looked at me as if I walked into his house on Christmas day and Pissed on his kids! Then he just goes "no".

When the f*ck did manners die off!? This arrognat little arsehole thinks he is above everyone - no personal skills at all and it the epitome of the power hungry, superiority complex ridden c*nt!!

I'm in a woeful mood now!! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Need a new job :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Need a new job :(

Me too. :(

Was so looking forward to getting back to work after my holidays. Oh, how the Gods must have been mocking me.

Got a bollocking followed by a demotion in work today, only two months after starting. I did come in late a few days, so it was fair enough to be told off for that, but the other things were grossly unfair. I worked around ten 14-15 hour days in the last six weeks, as well as plenty of 10 and 12 hours days, so to be told my research work wasn't good enough is crushing. :( So now I'm the lab dogsbody. I am so incredibly disappointed in myself. Anyway, no way am I leaving the job until I've been in it at least a year so better get the head down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a cold I just can't shake, along with other things I just want to crawl under a stone at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Me too. :(

Was so looking forward to getting back to work after my holidays. Oh, how the Gods must have been mocking me.

Got a bollocking followed by a demotion in work today, only two months after starting. I did come in late a few days, so it was fair enough to be told off for that, but the other things were grossly unfair. I worked around ten 14-15 hour days in the last six weeks, as well as plenty of 10 and 12 hours days, so to be told my research work wasn't good enough is crushing. :( So now I'm the lab dogsbody. I am so incredibly disappointed in myself. Anyway, no way am I leaving the job until I've been in it at least a year so better get the head down.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds pretty rough.
    I've been at mine for nearly 2 years so I can leave now and not look too bad on the CV. There is not much out there though. I was trying for the civil cervice but that doesn't seem to be a goer. I think I will spend the summer applying as many places as possible. Unfortunately I am tied to Dublin for the next 2 years so going abroad isn't really an option at this point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bad form

My wallet was nicked the night before last, down €250 that I could have really used and had to cancel all my credit cards. Sickened. Trying to forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Chief Technical Officer

What a fcuking tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

It's raining but I'm still gonna go walking....good form it is then so! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

boobar wrote: »
    Bad form

My wallet was nicked the night before last, down €250 that I could have really used and had to cancel all my credit cards. Sickened. Trying to forget about it.

That sucks :( Always hate losing money :(

Always say it could be worse, it's only money at the end of the day, it can be replaced :)

• Advertisement

I am back to my happy self after a rough time last week. Think I did just need to go back to classes and get busy! And been exercising everyday too, which is something I have not done for a long while!

Had a super fun night at karaoke last night, going on a day trip and to a free pizza party today, and out again tomorrow night with new friends :D

And its the 11th of the month which means exactly 3 more months till I see my boyfriend yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

The summer has arrived! Agh haahah!

Essays all handed in. I better get straight A's for that headache or there'll be trouble! I am so close to being a master! (By academic standards I mean :cool:)

Just have to do my thesis.

And also get a job, get some gigs, go to some gigs, festival, hiking, go busking and have a million pints. Summer is my name again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Samich wrote: »
    That sucks :( Always hate losing money :(

Always say it could be worse, it's only money at the end of the day, it can be replaced :)

You're dead right Samich. put it behind me and enjoyed the rest of the week off, although with less money. In steady employment myself, so just hope whoever took it spent it on essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Bad form. I'm falling for a girl in work who is almost my perfect match. Exactly the type of girl I like. Ticks every box, funny, kind, confident, secure in herself, beautiful, intelligent etc. And we get on like a house on fire. Many people have told me we'd make a great couple.

BUT she has a boyfriend (of 6 years) :( And word reached my ear she knows I like her but she is happy with him. We were out last night at a staff night out and when I heard this my heart sank.

It's horrible to want someone so much but be unable to have them.

As much as I love being around her its a nightmare in this situation :(

Why is it the girls I really like I can never have?? :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

bad form for the last few days, not feeling myself at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just messed up a final year exam! Always go to pieces
    around exam time. Will be lucky to pass it now. Freaked :mad:

This is a weird one but I felt like posting it! Thinking about it a lot today trying to figure out dates and its maybe been 2 or 3 months since I had a bad food binge! Which is a big deal for me and I'm a little proud :) I may still not be making the most healthy choices with food but I'm not over-eating, starving myself or worse, so its all good!

Princess Peach - Thats great! You may not be making the most healthy choices (but, hey! Most of us don't) but it sounds like you're taking great big steps in a great direction.

Just had my kindle stolen. Worst part is I suspect one of the people I am living with as that was all that was stolen (from inside my house):mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

H*E*A*D*A*C*H*E

Advertisement