Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Lean-To Tale (with pics & maybe vids)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hope your landlord is as appreciative as all us kids here!! You've done a fine job on improving the property. Nice one.

Enjoy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hope your landlord is as appreciative as all us kids here!! You've done a fine job on improving the property. Nice one.

Enjoy it now.

The landlord is in England and reads these threads. His dad is my neighbour. A wonderful man that I spend a lot of time with. I don't think he's too impressed with this however. He kept a close eye on me during the build, I don't think he realised it would be as bulky as it is and you know what old people are like with any kind of change. Hopefully over time he'll come to like it. It's already a kinda heat trap which can only ever help this freezing old cottage.:eek:

A glorious sound. Somebody was asking for this, shot during a rain shower this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

dnme how can he not be happy with that. It's not if it was slap up by some cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Well done dnme, looks really great. Its a brilliant asset to the house and can't wait to see how it helps with the restoration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Great vid dnme - That feeling you get underneath the roof when it rains, I'm told, has got something to do with wombs !!!!;)

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Well done that man,oh and by the way thats the same sound you will hear when sleeping on the boat in the lashing rain after a day on the water.....a most beautiful sound ;)

The landlord is in England and reads these threads. His dad is my neighbour. A wonderful man that I spend a lot of time with. I don't think he's too impressed with this however. He kept a close eye on me during the build, I don't think he realised it would be as bulky as it is and you know what old people are like with any kind of change. Hopefully over time he'll come to like it. It's already a kinda heat trap which can only ever help this freezing old cottage.eek.gif

I'm a landlord myself and I would not be one bit unhappy if my tenant came along and offered to do this AT THEIR COST. It's a massive improvement to the property. It's a very professional job, well designed and well built, it will stand for years and adds to the property's aesthetics. Well done dnme.

To Mr landlord - be a happy landlord is my advice :rolleyes: :) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Does the boat fit underneath it??

Does the boat fit underneath it??

Well it fits in theory. Havn't a clue how I'm gonna get it in there. For a different thread perhaps:cool:

• Advertisement

Just to finish up....

Added serious bracing to extension supports
    175997.jpg

Added extension to gutter down pipe. It fits now
    175998.jpg

If you can't go through, then go around. All pieces are oriented correctly
    175999.jpg

Also, I have some leftover stuff from the job going free to anyone who wants it.
    http://www.adverts.ie/989054

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wazabru

Dnme,

I would love to know how the lean to is performing in the current wind/rain?.

Are there any "gotchas" you have discovered or anything you would now change?.

DNME I'd like to know if you can recall the prices of the screws and plastic caps that you used to attach the corrugated platic to the timber? And where you got them?

I know this thread is two years old but I also know DNME is still lurking about here somewhere !! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Ah I miss this thread, and the companion boat restoration thread!
    Used to look forward to reading them every day, good times!

Advertisement