Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Stock Checker - CheckArgos.com (Jul 15 - Preview of new site now avaialbe)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

makes me wonder why Argos make it so difficult!
    +1. You'd imagine they would want you to find the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

New link dont seem to be working for me :confused:

Edit works in Google Chrome but not working in Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

pissed wrote: »

Which new site? Is it mine (http://checkargos.com) or is it basq's? (http://www.basquille.net/argos/)

What version of IE are you using? My site works on the few versions of IE i tried though. Both my site and basq really on javascript though so make sure thats not disabled (it probably wouldn't be unless you specifically blocked it)

On brighter news i made an update to the site there. I have added a new page: Clearance Checker

Select your store, a minimum price and a maximum price and it will search through the clearance stock in your store. I will see can i give you more options in a further update (like select a category) but this was just something to get the ball rolling.

I have not tested this all that well (as in I haven't tried all stores) so please let me know if there is anything broken.

It can be a little slow if it has to load too many products, still somehow faster than the argos website though :confused::pac:

The clearence checker is great!!

Thanks a million, Witnessmenow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Sorry I was referring to the link in post 1 - Basq's one which I have just noticed is a mobile version.

Great work by the way. Makes searching much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Which new site? Is it mine (http://checkargos.com) or is it basq's? (http://www.basquille.net/argos/)

What version of IE are you using? My site works on the few versions of IE i tried though. Both my site and basq really on javascript though so make sure thats not disabled (it probably wouldn't be unless you specifically blocked it)

On brighter news i made an update to the site there. I have added a new page: Clearance Checker

Select your store, a minimum price and a maximum price and it will search through the clearance stock in your store. I will see can i give you more options in a further update (like select a category) but this was just something to get the ball rolling.

I have not tested this all that well (as in I haven't tried all stores) so please let me know if there is anything broken.

It can be a little slow if it has to load too many products, still somehow faster than the argos website though :confused::pac:

Just a suggestion, I'd prefer to see the original price and the reduced price instead of the percentage you're saving :)

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, I'd prefer to see the original price and the reduced price instead of the percentage you're saving :)

Point noted, I'll see what other people think of it. The main reason for not putting the old price i didnt want the two prices getting confused, especially when your half way down the page and you've forgotten which price is which!

You can hover over the price or saving with your mouse and it will tell you the "was" price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The clearence checker is great!!

Thanks a million, Witnessmenow!! :D

I second this I think it's fantastic thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pissed wrote: »

Yeah, the mobile site works fine in Chrome but doesn't appear very well in any other browser.

Have added a 'Notify Me' button now when an item is out-of-stock - this allows you to enter your e-mail address and you'll be e-mailed when the item is back in stock. I'll fix up the e-mail address prompt this evening.. it's a bit small and fidgety but it should work.

Have also added 'Recent Searches' and 'Popular Searches' and done away with the dodgy Tab layout at the bottom of the screen which seemed to only work with iOS devices (and not particular well when scrolling).

I can't stress enough to people how better the app is when 'Added To Home Screen' (as it's optimized to use the entire screen) on iOS devices so I've added a prompt to get people to add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Basq wrote: »
    I can't stress enough to people how better the app is when 'Added To Home Screen' (as it's optimized to use the entire screen) on iOS devices so I've added a prompt to get people to add it.
    +1, its super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Excellent tool lad's. Love the clearance section makes it very handy. Great if it had filters for each section, furniture, computing etc. Just a little suggestion.

Should sell it to Argos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Clearance checker is fab, just made a start on some Christmas presents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, the mobile site works fine in Chrome but doesn't appear very well in any other browser.

Works very well on my Galaxy sII using Dolphin HD. Lovely job.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Works very well on my Galaxy sII using Dolphin HD. Lovely job.
    I'll check it on my brand new HP Touchpad later! /brag

PS - have work done on the 'Clearance Checker' on the mobile version but finding the resolution difficult to work with.

Any product with a title over 40 characters needs to be chopped..

e.g

photo_9.png

It'll have to do - will roll that out later this evening.

The Clearance section is now on the mobile version too..

.. but it doesn't work for all stores yet.

I've let witnessmenow know about this as it's the same on his implementation.. but there are a number of stores (e.g Carlow - currently sorted by 'Relevance') that will not allow you to sort by 'Price (Low - High)' which somewhat makes the whole "max price / min price" criteria useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a UK version of this Argos checker?

The Irish version looks awesome, great work!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a UK version of this Argos checker?
    There is iCheckStock.. think it's their equivalent.

I have the search written for UK stores, if someone provided me a list of UK stores and their store ids I would make a UK version. I think there is 600+ stores in the UK so i dont fancy making that list myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 atmmusa

thanks, great useful website and app. was bit sad to discover that there is hardly any stock of anythin in Dublin though:)

Hi Guys,

I updated the clearance section of the site.

You can now select a category that you want to search and it will go check that categories clearance section for products that match your price range. It will then check each item that is returned stock status in the store that you selected and remove any that aren't in stock.

Leaving the Section to "All Sections" will search the clearance corner for each store (as if you went here) - Just typing this out i realise how un-intuitive this is ... it sounds like it is checking all sections :rolleyes: will fix up if i can think of anything better!

Also the colour problem in firefox should be sorted now (missing a "#" :/ )

The numbers:
    The site has done over 4.5k searches and that doesnt include the searches from basqs mobile site, so i have no idea what the total is but thats not bad going for 2 weeks. It also does not take into any searches on the demo site (which reminds me i must take them down!)

Since launching the clearance section last week there has been over 1.5k searches on it

EDIT: those searches are separate.
    4.5k product searches
    1.5k clearance searches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jarlaith

its awesome stock checker woweeeeeeeeeeee

Hi guys,

just a heads up to anyone using either my site or basqs mobile version: Argos have purged there clearance sections, that store specific search is gone completely ,so that's basq's clearance section and my "all Sections" rendered useless.

The section specific one (e.g. Video Games, Photography etc) on my site still works, but there is very little content in these sections on the Argos site at the moment, so obviously there is very little content on my site as a result.

Thanks to all who are using and posting up the screen shots, its a nice feeling randomly coming across one on my internet travels :)

For anyone interested, my next feature to implement is a text search. After that i will be spending some time on the looks side of things. The only other idea i would after that would be nicking basq notify me thing :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Hey guys,

I have developed a chrome extension to compliment witnessmenow's checkargos.com. It replaces any visible product codes on argos.ie with links to checkargos.com and takes you directly to that product's stock check.

Argos Stockchecker Chrome extension

I hope this is ok with witnessmenow, let me know if there are any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ignore me, posted too early. Deleted

Ignore me, posted too early. Deleted

Really curious to what this said ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Really curious to what this said ... :P
    This
    The clearance ............
    Im sayin nottin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Has the clerance checker stopped working, cant find any clearence items in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Making the same mistake I made Dingding...read the rest of this page :-)

dingding wrote: »
    Has the clerance checker stopped working, cant find any clearence items in Sligo.
    Yep, am afraid so:

just a heads up to anyone using either my site or basqs mobile version: Argos have purged there clearance sections, that store specific search is gone completely ,so that's basq's clearance section and my "all Sections" rendered useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I cant seem to access the mobile version. do i need an app. :(

Advertisement