Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Stock Checker - CheckArgos.com (Jul 15 - Preview of new site now avaialbe)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

maxiiim wrote: »
    CH3OH wrote: »
    Is there a typo in your web address

As i new user couldn't post images or URLs. :( so had to put as [www].
    But you are correct.Thanks.

Fixed it for you there.

Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Fair play, another great resource. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You should add a link to the item on CheckArgos :D

Great site.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

d31b0y wrote: »
    You should add a link to the item on CheckArgos :D

DONE :)

DONE :)

Hey Maxiim question for you, how come products on "Todays" page dont show up on "The Last 7"? I would have though the "The Last 7" would be a check on the last 7 days of "Todays" items

E.g There is stuff with as little as 43% off on the first page in the last 7 days, while the smallest on the today's page is 60%

Checkargos link looks cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Hey Maxiim question for you, how come products on "Todays" page dont show up on "The Last 7"? I would have though the "The Last 7" would be a check on the last 7 days of "Todays" items

E.g There is stuff with as little as 43% off on the first page in the last 7 days, while the smallest on the today's page is 60%

Checkargos link looks cool :)

It excludes todays(between todays_date-7 to todays_date-1)
    Very often argos has "strong % reduction" on furniture. That day you will have same articles in both = first 2-3 pages will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any way I could get a notification if a item comes back into stock? Frozen dolls are on high demand it would appear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

My first post just to say a big Thank You for such a great resource. Both the price checker and the stock checker.
    I wonder would this show up any price glitches/cockups that Argos might make, so we can all pounce quickly :)

Any way I could get a notification if a item comes back into stock? Frozen dolls are on high demand it would appear

I have often though about this feature, but have never implemented. Had planned to update the mobile app at some stage and it would certainly be a feature I would consider

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've had any updates for checkargos, but me and a buddy are in the middle of a complete re-write of the site.

The new site is currently functional, but It's not quite ready to replace the existing one just yet.

Screen Shot (Still a WIP though)
    348735.png

Some features of the new site:
    • Complete new design with mobile in mind (over 40% of traffic to checkargos is from mobile)
    • The main search bar accepts product numbers or text and will automatically display the appropriate page
    • General improvement of text search (no mandatory fields, current version requires store, min & max price etc )

If there are any other features you would like to see please suggest them and we'll take them into consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks for this - these sound like really good improvements to an already very useful site!

Now for an out-there request.

Would it be possible to incorporate a module to read a bar code from a product and display a match if stocked on the Argos site (similar to Amazon / Tesco)? I realise Argos themselves don't even have this functionality as yet, but if there was an open source way to look this up, then maybe it'd be possible?
    Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Some features of the new site:
    [...]

Is the "...% off" thing gone?

348741.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Thanks for this - these sound like really good improvements to an already very useful site!

Would it be possible to incorporate a module to read a bar code from a product and display a match if stocked on the Argos site (similar to Amazon / Tesco)? I realise Argos themselves don't even have this functionality as yet, but if there was an open source way to look this up, then maybe it'd be possible?
    Just an idea.

Tesco have a barcode scanner on their app.

I wonder if that could be used to track prices?
    That would be another handy app if it was possible to do something with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

joujoujou wrote: »

348741.png

Is that the other argos site Argos.Scanner.today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ahh, sorry. Totally messed up, need a new brain. :o

Doodlebug wrote: »

Just an idea.

Thanks!

Fairly out there ok :) would be fairly interesting ok. But It probably woudlnt be too high on the list to be honest!
    joujoujou wrote: »

348741.png

The sample screen shot is from the mobile view that column is hidden on the mobile view, the desktop view actually still contains the percentage saving.

(It's worth noting that this is not the same as scanner.today's % saving, scanner.today calculates the percentage based on the products actauly price yesterday, while checkargos uses argos "was X.XX" price)

I'm still playing around with the layout to maximise the use of space, expect it to change a bit from the screen shots before its finished.

348749.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

Just wondering,
    Does the clearance checker page work?
    I can never seem to get it to work.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Just wondering,
    Does the clearance checker page work?
    I can never seem to get it to work.

No, the clearance section was based on a clearance sub category on each section on Argos website. These sections do not exist on Argos page at the moment.

Hey guys, spent a good bit of time on the new version of the site today. Its not quite ready to replace the old reliable site, but its getting there.

Here is a link to the new version

Please let me know what you think of it or if you have any suggestions.

Feature wise compared to the old site I think the only thing its missing is the clearance section (the about page doesn't work either)

Just a heads up, the advanced search seems to be a bit off, it seems to work for most things but something like "PS4 console" with a max price of €100 still returns the €400 consoles. There is also some search terms that do not work ("PS4" for example, if you look where it brings you on argos' site its a bit different to other searches, i need to allow for that somehow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Looks pretty. Doesn't let me search for "wii" however?

• Advertisement

Looks pretty. Doesn't let me search for "wii" however?

Cheers. Yeah "Wii" must be the same case as "Ps4", when you search for it on Argos page it brings you to a different page than normal searches. It's on the to do list!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Cool, like how the new site lets you sort by product name, discount or price. Wasn't obvious I could do that as cursor remained as text select ('I') hovering over the column headers, but clicking column headers worked.
    Looks very clean, thanks for the great work!

Zilog wrote: »
    Cool, like how the new site lets you sort by product name, discount or price. Wasn't obvious I could do that as cursor remained as text select ('I') hovering over the column headers, but clicking column headers worked.
    Looks very clean, thanks for the great work!

Cheers for the feedback, I changed the cursor to be a pointer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looks good but on the product detail page where its doing the stock check it might be worth putting some sort of icon or progress bar to indicate that the lookup is pending - when I ran a quick test last night I could just see the list of stores but nothing showing if it was instock or out of stock or if you were just listing all argos stores in Ireland; that was for all of them so I had no icons anywhere and I left it for a little bit before giving up but still just had the list of stores when I left the page (ie, it wasn't obvious that there should be more to the page).

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I searched an empty string..... its still searching. "?q="

JohnK wrote: »
    Looks good but on the product detail page where its doing the stock check it might be worth putting some sort of icon or progress bar to indicate that the lookup is pending - when I ran a quick test last night I could just see the list of stores but nothing showing if it was instock or out of stock or if you were just listing all argos stores in Ireland; that was for all of them so I had no icons anywhere and I left it for a little bit before giving up but still just had the list of stores when I left the page (ie, it wasn't obvious that there should be more to the page).

It actually behaves the same way current checkargos does, but without the individual table cells for stock status, so Yeah I can see that being slightly confusing. I'm working on the site tomorrow evening so I'll try a couple of things out tomorrow.

I searched an empty string..... its still searching. "?q="

You do something silly like search for blank it deserves to search for ever :pac:

Cheers, I'll fix that tomorrow too

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cheers, I'll fix that tomorrow too

In the mean time, ill keep watching the spinney loader.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You do something silly like search for blank it deserves to search for ever :pac:
    Typical software developer... blaming the user! Good man! :D

Basq wrote: »
    Typical software developer... blaming the user! Good man! :D

How developers view users

X17puIB.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ That is amazing! :D

I'd like it twice if possible!

Advertisement