Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Stock Checker - CheckArgos.com (Jul 15 - Preview of new site now avaialbe)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey All,

So I was buying a weighing scales over the weekend and it was kinda of annoying to search for one, check was it in stock in Athlone and then repeat (as I didn't particularly care what scales I got). I was thinking there most be an easier way...

Let me present to you Checkargos Text Search

Example of the query that would have saved me time at the weekend!

I have also included in this update the sortable table that Basq recommended in the other thread, so on the clearance page and search page you should be able to sort the columns however you would like

This is the first actual update to the code of checkargos in over a year, so if you see any issues please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

You legend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

And now we never need to visit the argos website again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Brilliant, thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hate to be that guy but any news on an update to checksmyths.com now that smyths have fecked up their own site, it is a cluster **** imo.

• Advertisement

It really is excellent, like another person said, you dont need to visit the argos site again. Id love it if I didnt have to set min/max prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It really is excellent, like another person said, you dont need to visit the argos site again. Id love it if I didnt have to set min/max prices
    +1 on getting rid of the requirement for min/max prices. Will be perfect then.

Fresh Pots wrote: »

or default it to 0 to 1000 and can be changed if you wish.

Giving a bump to

http://www.checkargos.com/ebay/

great for searching ebay.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    And now we never need to visit the argos website again. :)

You still need to reserve stuff on their site :)
    Hate to be that guy but any news on an update to checksmyths.com now that smyths have fecked up their own site, it is a cluster **** imo.

I haven't looked at it in a long while, they updated something that broke the stock checking, but it was being used so little I didn't figure out what it was. Check argos was doing in a couple of days what check Smyth's was doing in a month! I might take a look again. My spare time development is really split across too much stuff as it is. It might be something small though.
    Fresh Pots wrote: »

Yup the search doesn't need the min and Max.

Next thing I'd like to tackle is the user interface, while it is functional it's kinda plain and crappy

After that would be that atrocious android app of mine! I don't even use it myself! I got an email saying it was 109th app in shopping free, and all I could think is "what a category it must be!"

• Advertisement

Its like ronseal, does what it says on the tin. I think its grand looking

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Argos 'Blanchardstown shopping centre' has closed so you might want to remove this from the drop-down, only the Blanchardstown west end now exists.
    This is the first actual update to the code of checkargos in over a year, so if you see any issues please let me know!

782378 wrote: »
    Argos 'Blanchardstown shopping centre' has closed so you might want to remove this from the drop-down, only the Blanchardstown west end now exists.

Darn, was meant to fix that!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Great job. I use check argos regularly yo check stock in the dublin area. It's a great timesaver.

One thing I notice is the price sorting isn't quite right. It's sorting 1, 10, 100 first before 2, 20, 200 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

How about a field what allows people to search based on the saving percent.

You enter the percent that you want to save and the site goes off and searches argos for items with that saving

Or you can sort based on cost or % saving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Next thing I'd like to tackle is the user interface, while it is functional it's kinda plain and crappy

After that would be that atrocious android app of mine! I don't even use it myself! I got an email saying it was 109th app in shopping free, and all I could think is "what a category it must be!"

Sure shtick Bootstrap around the site. Be grand.
    Takes a few minutes to do. Basically its a load of css that "skins" your buttons and forms. Looks good, if you're going for that sort of look.

padair wrote: »
    How about a field what allows people to search based on the saving percent.

You enter the percent that you want to save and the site goes off and searches argos for items with that saving

I just reuse Argos's own search, if you can make Argos' search do that somehow I would be happy to add it, but I haven't seen a way of doing it

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Sure shtick Bootstrap around the site. Be grand.
    Takes a few minutes to do. Basically its a load of css that "skins" your buttons and forms. Looks good, if you're going for that sort of look.

One of the guys at work (wannabe web designer) threw bootstrap at a site I was putting together. Very impressed with it. The site went from 1990s styley to modern day in a few minutes.

Seems to be down at the moment, DNS name not resolving

Cant take a look at whats up while i'm in work, but will take a look later tonight

In the mean time this link should still work:
    http://188.226.243.167/

Apologies!

• Advertisement

Eugh, I let the subscription of the domain run out! :o Its been a busy few weeks!

I have renewed now, so hopefully will be back online once DNS servers have had a chance to re-sync

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

just stumbled upon this for the first time. great work! keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Checkargos site down? Is for me anyway :(

Oops, should have read posts above :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

degsie wrote: »
    fine here, what ya checking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

degsie wrote: »

Oops, should have posts above :o

Try clearing your cache

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Shopping in Argos will clear your cashe very quickly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ShaunC wrote: »
    Shopping in Argos will clear your cashe very quickly:D

Baddum-tish

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Hi All,
    With a permission from moderators i would like to share a link to a resource developed by me :)

http://www.scanner.today/

Basically, every morning at 8 i run script which scans all articles in argos.ie and compares prices to the previous day.
    Website is very basic. I do have two ads on each page - hopefully, will help me to pay for hosting and other services that i use.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

maxiiim wrote: »
    Hi All,
    With a permission from moderators i would like to share a link to a resource developed by me :)

[www.]scanner.today

Enjoy!

Is there a typo in your web address

http://www.scanner.today/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

CH3OH wrote: »
    Is there a typo in your web address

As i new user couldn't post images or URLs. :( so had to put as [www].
    But you are correct.Thanks.

Advertisement