Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McGrath's new Career

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Paul McGrath can do whatever the fcuk he wants.

He's earned that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Genuinely, his singing voice is not too different to speaking voice which is rich, somewhat soothing, and agreeable.
    He hasn't displayed a talent here that is going to have a seismic effect on the course of popular music, but he's at least as good as, and better in some ways, than some of f*ckers who make a living singing on this isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

hondasam wrote: »
    He was one of the best footballers Ireland had.

THE best!!!

Paul McGrath...

...LEGEND!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That is horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

He sings the song quite well. As good as any of the ****e on the radio these days anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I don't care, I'm going to buy it on itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Christmas Number 1.

mikom wrote: »
    Christmas Number 1.

aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! he mentioned the "C" word!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont see what the problem is... He's not a bad singer and entitled to make and album if he wants.. quite a substantial portion of which is going to charity.. From what I heard from him on the radio before, he doesnt have a lot to do with his time since he retired from football.. If this helps fill his day and keep him off the beer, then good luck to him..

An incredible footballer and a nice guy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Never ever question the acts of Paul McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

The man put his heart & soul into Irish Football when it was neither popular or profitable to do so - not like some of the serial badge-kissers we have today.
    Fair play to him for giving something new a go and getting on with life after the sh*tty hand he was dealt.

I dont see what the problem is... He's not a bad singer and entitled to make and album if he wants.. quite a substantial portion of which is going to charity.. From what I heard from him on the radio before, he doesnt have a lot to do with his time since he retired from football.. If this helps fill his day and keep him off the beer, then good luck to him..

An incredible footballer and a nice guy..

well said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I can't believe the amount of people that think this is anything but pure cringeworthy tripe!

I can't believe the amount of people that think this is anything but pure cringeworthy tripe!

Jedward, now they are cringeworthy...

...Paul McGrath - not so cringeworthy (my opinion)

Well done Paul and I hope he sells loads of copies, especially as some of the proceeds are going to a good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Sure didn't he rap on one of those World Cup songs years ago?

Are am I just thinking of that Dermot Morgan song?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mod:
    A number of posts have been removed... These were making vague claims about Paul. Substantiate a point with a relevant link from a reputable source or do not post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

He cannot sing for ****e but he is a ride.

He was one of the best footballers Ireland had.

Agree with all of above, especially the ride piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I expect Richard Dunne will release something similiar in 20 years time. Maybe "The Honey Monster Rap" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Ryan Tubridy played one his songs yesterday on radio and I thought it sounded nice. It was The Contender which made it more special, being a song about a sportsman with a drink problem.

I think its the video that adds a bit of cringiness to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Paul McGrath my Lord, Paul McGrath
    Oh Lord, Paul McGrath! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Just because he's a good footballer and some of the proceeds are going to charity doesn't mean he's immue from criticism

it's not the worst i've heard but still pretty embarassing and cringe-worthy, sounds like something that'd be played in the living room of a nursing home

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

Just because he's a good footballer and some of the proceeds are going to charity doesn't mean he's immune from criticism

it's not the worst i've heard but still pretty embarassing and cringe-worthy, sounds like something that'd be played in the living room of a nursing home

eh, he's Paul McGrath, of course he's immune from criticism, it's just one of his many superpowers........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Apanachi wrote: »
    THE best!!!

Paul McGrath...

...LEGEND!!!!!

Not as good as our Roy, nearly but not quite there.

Not as good as our Roy Richard, nearly but not quite there.

^^ this (maybe...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Half way through reading his autobiography at the moement .He has had some mega upheavels in his life for sure and an even bigger boozer during his football career than I thought .

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Mod:
    A number of posts have been removed... These were making vague claims about Paul. Substantiate a point with a relevant link from a reputable source or do not post.

Here you go
    Perhaps you could have asked before removing the posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

wixfjord wrote: »
    Here you go
    Perhaps you could have asked before removing the posts?

I didnt see the posts before they were removed, but it's well known the man has problems. I don't see what it is you're trying to say by linking to this particular article?

I dont think Paul mcGrath has ever been accused to being a scum bag or a bad person in the past, but what is well known is he has a very severe drink problem and on this occasion it led him to do a silly thing whilst under the influence (Even in the article, his accuser says he was not under control of his own actions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just because he's a good footballer and some of the proceeds are going to charity doesn't mean he's immue from criticism

Yes it does!

Would you follow Jimmy Saville around on one of his charity runs and tell him his technique was sh*te and he hasn't a patch on the best marathon runners in the world?

No, because he's not a professional runner. he is using his high profile, his time and his kindness to help out those in need by going out of his comfort zone and doing something people will notice. Just like Paul is here. And fair play to him!

Advertisement