Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BF3 Servers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sink wrote: »
    Yeah hate that guy, damn him! *shakes fist* :P

i wouldnt mind a set of dogtags from that bastard too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nevermind dogtags i'd love to stick that tunguska AA where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

oi you there sink , are you sure yer not related in some fashion there is something very familiar about the name spelling.

I'm not in to knife kills , I save that for sniper/recon. but S1nk will taste blade .

I don't half hold a grudge.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me or craggy is offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Is it me or craggy is offline?
    Craggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

CRAGGY-ISLAND
    Decryptor wrote: »
    Craggy.

Sorry about the Craggy server down last night. In a mix up, the message was not passed along.

To deal with the 3rd person view bug, the provider did a complete reinstall.

We found out yesterday evening that the server was still not online. I did 3 restarts but could not connect with bf3cc or find it on battlelog.

It looks like the IP address or the port has changed. That could take a day to cascade down to battlelog. In the meantime I pulled a Trouble Ticket to chase it.

Hopefully we should see you back online again today.
    Again, apologies for not passing the info on. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully we should see you back online again today.
    Again, apologies for not passing the info on. I'll keep you posted.
    We had to put up with the boards server all night! :D

Decryptor wrote: »
    We had to put up with the boards server all night! :D

Oh, you poor dear !!! :eek:

CRAGGY-ISLAND

CRAGGY IS BACK UP

HOOAH !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was lookin for a game on 1 of the servers,

Boards = empty
    Craggy = city maps only (though according to battlelog its called Timeless 02/09 - City Maps - timelessgaming.com ?)
    TIG = 1500 tickets on 1 map ? jokers

• Advertisement

Craggy isn't city maps only...

You server is listed as : Timeless 02/09 - City Maps - timelessgaming.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Was lookin for a game on 1 of the servers,

Boards = empty
    Craggy = city maps only (though according to battlelog its called Timeless 02/09 - City Maps - timelessgaming.com ?)
    TIG = 1500 tickets on 1 map ? jokers

You missed a couple of great rounds man, over an hour each with points galore, ribbons aplenty and just good fuppin fun.

I'm drained though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You server is listed as : Timeless 02/09 - City Maps - timelessgaming.com

The correct link for Craggy Island is:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-IRISH-BF3-Server/

Don't know where Spear got that "timeless 02/09" link from on the Irish BF3 Servers listing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BlueDrax wrote: »
    Don't know where Spear got that "timeless 02/09" link from on the Irish BF3 Servers listing.

Neither do I. I can only presume I coped the wrong thing after the server patch meant it didn't appear in favourites briefly. Anyway, it's fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Yeah I don't mean to moan but most of these servers are kind of ****. It's either empty, or 64 players on Seine and Metro. If you're going to have 64 man servers take that stuff out of the rotation. I'd much rather a 32 man server running the typical maps, or a 64 man map that only runs the large conquest maps.

And I don't care for Hardcore, which half of them are. In BC2 there was an argument for it because the motion mines and spotting were so overpowered but I don't see what it brings to the table in BF3, particularly when the weapon damages are super high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Yeah I don't mean to moan but most of these servers are kind of ****. It's either empty....

Moaning is for TS! Seriously. Join the Craggy platoon, install team speak and have yer say. Basically the platoon join the server all at the same time most evenings and are always in Teamspeak.

Most people are still trying to level up. The servers will come into their own once everyone is happy they have enuff gear to play!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391306744533/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Yeah I don't mean to moan but most of these servers are kind of ****. It's either empty, or 64 players on Seine and Metro. If you're going to have 64 man servers take that stuff out of the rotation. I'd much rather a 32 man server running the typical maps, or a 64 man map that only runs the large conquest maps.

And I don't care for Hardcore, which half of them are. In BC2 there was an argument for it because the motion mines and spotting were so overpowered but I don't see what it brings to the table in BF3, particularly when the weapon damages are super high anyway.

Craggy or boards will fill up tonight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There was a few on boards last night and Craggy was full at about midnight.

yankinlk wrote: »
    Moaning is for TS! Seriously. Join the Craggy platoon, install team speak and have yer say. Basically the platoon join the server all at the same time most evenings and are always in Teamspeak.

Most people are still trying to level up. The servers will come into their own once everyone is happy they have enuff gear to play!

EA really screwed up when they hardcoded the minimum players to 4 :mad:

We find our Teamspeak very handy as a rendezvous point because people are happy to wait a couple of mins when they know that they are not alone. :rolleyes:

If you join the Craggy-Island platoon, you will also know when one of the gang are online. :cool:

• Advertisement

If the above are empty, myself and my clanmates are always on, we use ventrilo though, but people are more than welcome to pop in and play with us.
    Everyone is 18+...well...actually I think the youngest is about 25

http://www.dowuk.co.uk details there

We locked the server last night and had an 8v8 (with 1 public fella who is always on with us) , was a bit awkward to get going, but was great fun once it started :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/258d02cf-f658-44ab-9a3c-07553211cab2/Boards-ie-CONQUEST-boards-ie-battlefield/#!/bf3/servers/show/ae36660c-e094-4845-903d-b647f59b3f3e/DoWUK-Battlefield-3-Server/

CRAGGY-ISLAND

The server crashes this week have been infuriating and we have taken steps to reduce possible causes.

With all the ****e about crashes and 3rd person bug we decided not to dynamically change CVARs during play. Until EA sort it out, we're not too confident of its compatibility with the BF3CC utility so we will only work via the config and maplist files before boot.

Also I found that disabling uPNP in your router will solve a lot of peoples issues with the EA connection issue. God knows why this protocol is an issue at all. Possibly it is interfering with routings or the auto network discovery is hogging ports, I don't know but it worked for me.

CRAGGY-ISLAND

CRAGGY-ISLAND

The server crashes this week have been infuriating and we have taken steps to reduce possible causes.

With all the ****e about crashes and 3rd person bug we decided not to dynamically change CVARs during play. Until EA sort it out, we're not too confident of its compatibility with the BF3CC utility so we will only work via the config and maplist files before boot.

Also I found that disabling uPNP in your router will solve a lot of peoples issues with the EA connection issue. God knows why this protocol is an issue at all. Possibly it is interfering with routings or the auto network discovery is hogging ports, I don't know but it worked for me.

Our precautions definitely seem to be having a positive effect. We have consistent game & server stability, except of course for the issues for individuals caused by their graphic drivers.

Here are some notes collated on fixes:

(1) Disable Aero when Running BF3: To disable Aero. Go to the properties of the bf3 exe and tick disable desktop composition.

(2) For audio problems (in game sound dropping ): Using notepad++ or Wordpad Go to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Battlef­ield 3\settings
    Open PROF_SAVE_profile. Edit 'GstAudio.AudioQuality' from 0 to 1 (or higher)

(3) Disable the origin overlay (Auto correct. Setting in origin on the last tab. You'll know it when you see it)

(4) Update to the latest graphics beta drivers.

(5) Alleged cures for startup crashing is to limit affinity to two cores, a few reg hacks to do similar or clock down your graphics card). What a crappy way to fix what looks like a thread synch issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I was less complaining about the emptyness than the 64 man matches. I'd like too see one of these irish servers do 32 man small Conquest because it's by far the most playable mode with the current selection of maps. The server would fill a lot more quickly because those maps are approaching playable with 6 people and it'd avoid there being 64 players on metro driving everybody insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Do you use teamspeak on CRAGGY-ISLAND?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Aye mainly for the laugh though. Ts details are on the platoon page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Blair wrote: »
    Do you use teamspeak on CRAGGY-ISLAND?

For the lazy: Teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

CRAGGY
    yankinlk wrote: »
    `

We tend to use the root channel for everything. It makes for for good craic and you get to hear your victims.
    If you're serious how you run your squad, you're perfectly welcome to use the Yank / Russkies channels (for craggy, of course)

CRAGGY
    Aye mainly for the laugh though. Ts details are on the platoon page.

Definitely, the craic is good. However it is used very well for squad manoeuvering and spotting.

• Advertisement

I was less complaining about the emptyness than the 64 man matches. I'd like too see one of these irish servers do 32 man small Conquest because it's by far the most playable mode with the current selection of maps. The server would fill a lot more quickly because those maps are approaching playable with 6 people and it'd avoid there being 64 players on metro driving everybody insane.

We did try that and got some intense matches for a few flags.
    There were two issues, however:

(1) We ended up with crowded servers and people complaining that there were too many for the map.

(2) We did dynamic changes, keeping it 32 until it filled, than expanding it to 64 but there were server stability issues with dynamically changing cvars. We were not sure if it was the game engine or the control utility so we had to pull our horns in. The other alternative is a server restart with altered maplist file but that loses everyone.

Advertisement