Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ring your local maternity hospital and they'll be able to advise you, they may bring you in and examine you.

+1 on this.

Really hope everything is ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Playbunny, you poor thing you must be so stressed :(
    The only thing I would say is without serious bleeding I don't think a test would received a definite negative.

Not sure if I'm making sense, but when I had a miscarriage I had to test a week after I had the miscarriage to ensure everything 'had passed'.
    It takes a few days for the pregnancy hormones to go down to a zero again.
    Are you having any cramps? Mucus blood can be implantation bleed, cervical erosion, etc there's quite a lot of things that cause bleeding in early pregnancy.

Ring your local maternity hospital and they'll be able to advise you, they may bring you in and examine you.

If it gives you any peace of mind, I had light bleeding for a few days when I was 9 weeks pregnant with my daughter (went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancy). My friend bled on and off throughout her entire pregnancy & also had a healthy baby.

Also, if you had sex last night/recently, that can cause minor bleeding.

I hope you're ok, my heart goes out to you, the not knowing is awful x

Take care of yourself x

Thanks girls for all your encouragement im in rag order, crying all feckin day its horrible thank god my dd has been behaving as ive had a bad week with her as well but it was hugs and kisses today thankfully,
    i had a good few pee-s and then did that clearblue at about 2.3o today not sure if my wee was dilute, its v.light bleeding as in when i clearn my self and look at the tissue, feel fine bar being worn out due to crapy sleeping patterns and a slight cold i have.
    could it have been a chemical pregnancy i wonder? i ov on the 30th of aug,
    im going to do a preg test again in the morn my strip ones im not gonna do a clear blue again until the end of the week depending how i fair out overnight/2mrw, i had none of this with my dd so just up the wall :( whats geting me is im after telling my folks who told their sis/bro's etc ;( doh!...will keep you posted ladies,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Playbunny, unless you have severe or constant cramps coupled with heavy bleeding I wouldn't give up just yet x
    Would you not ring the maternity hospital just for peace of mind? I would say go to your GP but in my experience I found the hospital a lot better as the midwives are so experienced in this type of thing.

I'd to go in twice with bleeding during the one week, they weren't phased at all, it really is such a common thing.

I think the reason you got the negative on the clearblue is because you tested with a sample from so late in the day.
    Chances are you were urinating more out of nerves so by the time you tested the HCG pregnancy hormone was very diluted.
    When I went to my gp at 5 weeks, I had got a strong positive on the clearblue/first response almost immediately. However because I used mid morning urine the line on the gp's one was very faint.

I know easier said than done, but please don't stress, its not good for you or baba.
    Go to the hospital/your gp tomorrow or you'll have yourself driven demented.

Sorry for the tmi, but when I had the miscarriage it wasn't just a little bit of blood, it was soaking a sanitary towel and clots; whereas when I was just spotting during my previous pregnancy, it was exactly how you described, just when I wiped.
    If it was a chemical pregnancy, you would still have heavy bleeding, not just when you wipe.

If worst comes to worst, you might be glad that you told your family as they'll be there to support you x but please don't give up yet.

Playbunny, unless you have severe or constant cramps coupled with heavy bleeding I wouldn't give up just yet x
    Would you not ring the maternity hospital just for peace of mind? I would say go to your GP but in my experience I found the hospital a lot better as the midwives are so experienced in this type of thing.

I'd to go in twice with bleeding during the one week, they weren't phased at all, it really is such a common thing.

I think the reason you got the negative on the clearblue is because you tested with a sample from so late in the day.
    Chances are you were urinating more out of nerves so by the time you tested the HCG pregnancy hormone was very diluted.
    When I went to my gp at 5 weeks, I had got a strong positive on the clearblue/first response almost immediately. However because I used mid morning urine the line on the gp's one was very faint.

I know easier said than done, but please don't stress, its not good for you or baba.
    Go to the hospital/your gp tomorrow or you'll have yourself driven demented.

Sorry for the tmi, but when I had the miscarriage it wasn't just a little bit of blood, it was soaking a sanitary towel and clots; whereas when I was just spotting during my previous pregnancy, it was exactly how you described, just when I wiped.
    If it was a chemical pregnancy, you would still have heavy bleeding, not just when you wipe.

If worst comes to worst, you might be glad that you told your family as they'll be there to support you x but please don't give up yet.

thanks a mill your v.help and i appreciate it :), ill see how i get on overnight and keep you posted pg im still ok i always think the worst in any situation ,

how r u feeling urself ? hope all is going well :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Play Bunny wrote: »
    thanks a mill your v.help and i appreciate it :), ill see how i get on overnight and keep you posted pg im still ok i always think the worst in any situation ,

how r u feeling urself ? hope all is going well :)

Playbunny, my money is on you peeing a lot and the test didnt pick up any HGC because of that.:) Test in the morning with the first urine, and I bet you will get your positive. Will be thinking about you.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Playbunny, my money is on you peeing a lot and the test didnt pick up any HGC because of that.:) Test in the morning with the first urine, and I bet you will get your positive. Will be thinking about you.

tried this morning on one of my pee sticks and nothing just a neg line and more darker bleeding which is actually staining my knickers unfortunately :( actually feel like i have my period if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Really sorry to hear the sad news Bunny :( **virtual hugss**

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

tried this morning on one of my pee sticks and nothing just a neg line and more darker bleeding which is actually staining my knickers unfortunately :( actually feel like i have my period if that makes sense

I am so sorry Playbunny. (((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry to hear that PlayBunny. Please do go to either your GP or maternity hospital as they will need to check you over.
    Take care of yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Saw you post in the TTC thread, came over here to give my condolences. Please take care x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm sorry play bunny - I hope your ok , it's such a horrible horrible thing to happen , make sure and get checked out at early pregnancy unit even just so you have a better idea of what happened. So so sorry :(

thanks girls, i passed a few bits 2nite but im grand now today thank god heavy bleeding/wearing pads etc, but i know these things happen its nice to log on and talk about it so have to get back on track and start again and please god it works out, im glad im not in pain etc and it happened early rather than later :(

Playbunny, I'm so sorry that it wasn't to be for you. I hope you're ok, please feel free to pm me if you want to chat/vent etc you're not alone x

thanks cap, just feeling tired now today, still fair bit of bleeding how long can that last?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Sorry to hear it PlayBunny, can't imagine how you're feeling. Just try to keep your hopes up for the future x

thanks cap, just feeling tired now today, still fair bit of bleeding how long can that last?

With me it went on for about a week. That said the worst of it was in the first 3 days. I was in hospital overnight on a drip which I think may have helped things progress that bit faster.

I found I wasn't in too much pain in the first day or two but was in discomfort from day 3 on (like a v bad period), so might be no harm having a few nurofen or similar on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Back from the hols ladies and unfortunately after looking forward to them for a long long time they were ruined by constant sickness that kicked in 3days into the holiday-I wasnt actually getting sick but constant nausea,horrible. only felt a bit better after eating something but felt crap and still do!! My poor husband had to listen to my constant moaning! I'm glad to be back home though-im just catching up on how you are all getting on. Back to work tomorrow and hoping to feel better before they notice something!

When did the nausea subside for the rest of you ladies?
    Im also an emotional mess, feel like crying all the time!!

I'm also sorry to hear your news PlayBunny.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Welcome Back Saggycaggy, did you have a nice time??

Im totally with you on the emotional mess... Im twelve weeks today and only starting to semi level out now with the emotional disaster area :D

Also, my sickness is easing (please god dont let this jinx it).. not been physically sick yet this week... so keep everything crossssssssed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi girls can I join? Very early here but got a faint positive last night. So going by LMP I'm due 24th may. This will be number 5 for me & a bit of a shock as my ds4 is only 8 months.

Congrats & welcome Tinkerbell :)

Saggycaggy, welcome back from your hols. That's rotten that you were so sick while you were away :( I'm 9+ weeks at the mo & whereas the nausea isn't quite as bad (still there, just not as noticeable) - the tiredness is getting much worse!
    I had a good nights sleep last night but by about 11am in work this morning I was only fit for bed again! It made for a very very long day!

Staticdoor, that's brill that your sickness is easing, it sounded like you had a really rough few weeks of it :(

The only thing I'm currently stressing about is there's an outbreak of chicken pox in the nursery my daughter attends. I'm praying she doesn't catch it/share it with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi girls. Very tired and dizzy today. I really want to just go home. I have my six month review with work at 2pm:eek: It know it will be grand but I'm just so tired that I'd love to give it a miss. I'm in the company a few years so maternity leave will be grand but my boss can be a bit fickle when it comes to reviews so I'll feel better when it's all sorted.

Dreading telling work I'm pregant but can't wait to tell at the same time:)

Hurry up 5pm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hi all, havent got on in a while laptop was playing up. Sorry to hear you were so sick on your hols saggycaggy.
    Cant wait to catch up with you staticdoor and have the sickness ease. Thought it had eased last week, had one good day but came back with a vengence. Cant move without heaving which is causing alot of abdominal pain. (not your ordinary cramps) Havent managed to go to work in over 2 weeks so hoping this eases soon.
    10 weeks on sat so nearly there.

Custard cream, I hope your review went well today :) I know what you mean about roll on home time.
    I don't normally watch the clock in work (too busy usually!) but I find I'm so feckin tired that when I get back from work it feels like I've 20 hours left to go instead of 3!

Succee, sorry to hear you're so poorly :( that has to be hard going being off work so long too.
    I really hope it eases off for you (very!) soon :)

Edit to add: just copped we're the same dates too, I'm 10 weeks Saturday :) I'm also praying that all this tiredness/sickness eases off in a fortnight at the 12 week mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all. Just back from the maternity hospital as I was having some bleeding ( I'm 6 weeks) and thankfully they could see the heartbeat, bleeding seems to be easing off so hopefully it was an isolated episode. I have a repeat scan in too weeks, fingers and toes crossed! Has anyone experienced this? It's terrifying! Sorry for gatecrashing girls!!!! X

Hi all. Just back from the maternity hospital as I was having some bleeding ( I'm 6 weeks) and thankfully they could see the heartbeat, bleeding seems to be easing off so hopefully it was an isolated episode. I have a repeat scan in too weeks, fingers and toes crossed! Has anyone experienced this? It's terrifying! Sorry for gatecrashing girls!!!! X

once u got checked out is the main thing, its probably just an implantation bleed, if it gets heavier go get re checked, fingers crossed all goes well for u :)

With me it went on for about a week. That said the worst of it was in the first 3 days. I was in hospital overnight on a drip which I think may have helped things progress that bit faster.

I found I wasn't in too much pain in the first day or two but was in discomfort from day 3 on (like a v bad period), so might be no harm having a few nurofen or similar on standby.

Thankfully bleeding has stopped altogether , so i had the 4days of it, yest wasnt overally heavy but roll on AF now whenever they come i think its the 10th oct hopefully...next time im telling nobody (fam/friends) im preg hubby and i agreed...fingers crossed now...

thanks every1 for being suportive it helped, was on a downer yesterday better today thankfully

Play Bunny, good to hear from you & that's good that the bleeding has stopped.
    Fingers crossed you will never have to go through this again & you will get to make the happy announcement to your family again x

Sunshine2000, you poor thing it is frightening getting a bleed so early on. I'm delighted you got the all clear. Here's wishing you a v happy & healthy pregnancy :)
    You're not gatecrashing at all, welcome on board :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Can I hop on board too?

Due early May with no 4.

Bit of a surprise but a welcome one at that. Have had a scan at epu and am huge already but trying to keep it quiet another little bit if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Congrats and Welcome AnneOther, I'm early May too!! Starting to feel a wee bit better but it comes in waves, im constantly snacking so that is definately helping me. I needed something to settle my tummy so I bought CocoPops for the first time in years and I had about 6 bowls of them during the weekend-they're will come a time soon when I probably won't be able to look at them though!!

I'm also learning to drive before this Baby 2 comes along so I went for a long driving lesson with my hubbie yest-it was nervewracking but I have to keep at it. I found myself very isolated and lonely on my first maternity leave and im determined not to let that happen again so fingers crossed!

Hope you are all keeping well.x

• Advertisement

7W 3d...

Still no sickness, but get a little tired easier. Otherwise, no symptoms, my only clue is a couple of missed periods and several positive pregnancy tests.

Early private scan on Wednesday so all will be revealed then! I have stopped worrying that no symptoms = somethings wrong, but still I guess in early pregnancy we are all cautiously excited, as we know the risks.

I spent the entire weekend with my mother and sister (only sis knows about the pregnancy) and my mother failed to notice that I was the only one not drinking booze, tea or coffee, or eating pavlova, shellfish, soft cheeses, or pate. It seems that everything that was on offer I had to decline and she still didnt cop! Bless!

Advertisement