Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headphones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

davemc180 wrote: »
    pioneer are market leaders in all music eqipment

Well that's just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

Well that's just not true.

but it is, for example show me a better setup then the latest cdj 2000??

every world class dj you will see, gig, or nightclub, 95 per cent use cdjs

pioneer are class leaders in music technology

I completely agree that they are market leaders in DJ Technology. Ive been DJing on and off for 10 years. I'm still a Vinyl Warrior, and run off Serato, Ill always prefer Vinyly, but in terms of Digital DJing, yes they are market leaders.

But they are not leaders in Audio and Studio Equipment. And they aren't even a player in digital instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Cant believe nobody has recommended Audio Technica ATH M50 Cans yet. They are roughly €150, Closed Back Headphones so no sound leakage which is an essential if you plan on using them anywhere but a dead quiet room. Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000P62ND6

They have very responsive bass (especially responsive for closed back Headphones), and great Isolation. They also have no noise cancellation, so none of that very feint static in the background. They don't run off batteries and have a choise of coiled or straight chord.

I can't recommend them enough. Whole forum on them here with 99% Rave Reviews. No better Value for money Cans on the Market in my opinion (and many others).

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/168217-audio-technica-ath-m50-headphones-awesome.html

You would be mental to buy the Studio Beats by Dre.

1. THE PRICE... My God what a rip off.
    2. Build Quality... Headband known to crack on Older Models
    3. Glorified overpowered Bass...They dont let you hear a true reflection of how the person who recorded the music wanted you to hear it.
    4. Batteries... will be a pain in the arse WHEN (Not If) One Day you're listening to em and you run out of batteries and don't have replacements with you.
    5. THE PRICE... I know I already said that but can not state enough what a rip off they really are.

There's my 2 cents anyway.

have a pair of JVC HEADPHONES , got'em in Heaton's €10 excellent sound out them, can't for the life of me understnad why people would spend 100/200/€300 on a pair of headphone's ....crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Marketing works on some people and they try to be fashionable and in with the "cool product" . If this is what you want from your €300 Headphones, then do buy the beats
    Too right, best looking and most stylish headphones by a mile, good reputation, most renowned, widely considered to be one of the best gadgets available in the market (the leading brand in headphones market) and it has to be said that the sound quality's not bad either!

• Advertisement

baddebt wrote: »
    have a pair of JVC HEADPHONES , got'em in Heaton's €10 excellent sound out them, can't for the life of me understnad why people would spend 100/200/€300 on a pair of headphone's ....crazy

You should have posted earlier, we could have saved ourselves 5 pages of talking about €150-300 high-end headphones and just went and got the cheapest pair we could find instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

In what world do you live where €150 is equally as expensive as €280???

You can't say they are roughly the same price just because both are over €150 which would be expensive to average Joe buying headphones. The Beats are nearly twice the price of the ATH M50's and are definitely an inferior product to almost anyone who knows their headphones.

Go to Head-Fi or Gearslutz online and you'll see the thousands of people who agree. Im not just talking about ATH M50's, most Headphones mentioned in this thread are superior to the Beats.

Marketing works on some people and they try to be fashionable and in with the "cool product" . If this is what you want from your €300 Headphones, then do buy the beats. Ill stick with the ones that are half the price and twice the quality.
    the real world.
    most people willing to go as high as nearly €200 for a pair of head phones will go the extra little bit for the quality.
    and relax with the patronizing shyt, its not clever, if you took the time to read my post properly you will have seen why i bought the beats.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    the real world.
    most people willing to go as high as nearly €200 for a pair of head phones will go the extra little bit for the quality.
    and relax with the patronizing shyt, its not clever, if you took the time to read my post properly you will have seen why i bought the beats.

My Point entirely is you dont have to go the extra bit for the quality, because it is smack bang there in your face at €150. Going up to Beats pricerange for quality that is not as good as €150 quality just does not make sense.

My Point entirely is you dont have to go the extra bit for the quality, because it is smack bang there in your face at €150. Going up to Beats pricerange for quality that is not as good as €150 quality just does not make sense.

You're paying for the brand name, design, image, etc. as well as quality.

I mean, you can get a decent quality shirt for €10 in Penneys, what's the point in paying €60 for one with a brand name?

tbh im not sure what your point is, i was at a point where i wanted a new pair of head phones.
    i researched the options, i read the magazines, watched the videos, had a few bob extra.
    i figured if i was gonna spend €180 or nearly €200 id be better off going the extra few bob, based on the reviews id read.

i suppose my problem is id read the reviews, how stupid is that, reading reviews, thats stupid right?

no, id read the reviews, they were excellent.

so i went ahead and bought a product which was reviewed excellently, thats what we do isnt it?.

• Advertisement

dang im drunk.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

dang im drunk.:D

Snap! :p

lol

I don't see the problem in wanting to buy quality, we do that with everything don't we, we look for quality and style in everything we buy, all of us.
    Weather it be head phones or a car or clothes, what's the difference between choosing beats over a cheaper similar quality product, and buying a pair of €130 nikes/Adidas over a pair of €30 asics, both do the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I don't see the problem in wanting to buy quality, we do that with everything don't we, we look for quality and style in everything we buy, all of us.
    Weather it be head phones or a car or clothes, what's the difference between choosing beats over a cheaper similar quality product, and buying a pair of €130 nikes/Adidas over a pair of €30 asics, both do the exact same thing.

Difference is you can get style and better quality for less money.
    BTW, good Asics runners doesn't cost 30€, around 100€

kave2 wrote: »

Yes!! Haha, quality reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

You can, people who chose beats evidently can not. They can buy whatever they want don't be patronizing and think that they got duped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah its a preference thing, who gives a fúck what other people are settling for its up to them.

Okay enough Bitching, to each their own. Back to original topic. Go to the likes of X-Music or somewhere that stocks the headphones that you are thinking of.

Different people look for different things in head phones, the last thing you want is to spend over a €100 on a set of headphones and not be happy with them.

The last thing you want is to spend over a €100 on a set of headphones and not be happy with them.

The ironic thing is that the ones that always bitch about Beats and seem unhappy with them are the people that don't have them and that haven't paid for them. Same goes for the iPhone, iPad, etc. People like to hate on the market leader and try convince anyone that has one that they've bought the wrong product and their money can be better spent elsewhere :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But just saying it doesn't make it a fact.
    The fact that leading media publications have always rated them, have always put them in the top bracket of quality head phones is an indication of how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

got a pair of marleys just over 2 weeks ago, great value for 56 euro. They sound pretty good on par with the beats solo's or at least not far behind.

the build quality is 1st class really strong piece of equipment that look great for 50 odd quid. These are the cheapest marley headphones too they have 2 other sets selling at 80 odd quid and there top range model at 200.

I was going to buy the beat studio's but I decided to buy the marleys as im waiting too see how good 50's headphones are before I buy a really high end set.

In all for 50 quid these are great value for not only the sound side of things but also the cosmetic side, recommend them highly.

come in plenty of different colors, I went with these one's as the others were bit too bright for me.

image_image_new_159881_en.jpg

50 has just released his brand sms.

seriously thinking about buying them but im going to hold of till i see a few reviews, pretty expensive though 300 euros for the top range model!

I didn't think they would be that much tbh, a small bit more expensive than than dre's studios but i suppose these are wireless.

it will be one of the 2 i will be getting soon enough anyway, prob in the next month or 2 the marleys will do me till i decide.

http://www.smsby50.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 johnj26

id just get the Dre beats ones for that money, nobody will even know what the 50 brand ones on the streets of dublin, and if im walking around with 300e headphones i want everyone thinking this guy is money, they prob would think the 50 cent ones are knock offs.

Know someone traveling to the states over Christmas and seriously thinking about getting them to get me 50s wireless head set while he's there.
    Reviews seem decent enough, although havnt seen that many reviews as I think they've just been on sale a day or so.

Pros seem to be comfort, durability, style and of course sound.

Cons seem to be size and issues with volume and not working with earlier apple products.

ye iv seen a few reviews on SMS by 50, they are impressive.

a lot of people are calling them the best headphones on the market atm, the durabilty is a huge factor for me.

I think im going to buy them in the next month or 2 myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

A review form the washington times from a man who admits, in the first few lines, he doesn't know anything about electronics?

I will wait for a proper audiophile review before getting exctied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Seaneh wrote: »
    A review form the washington times from a man who admits, in the first few lines, he doesn't know anything about electronics?

I will wait for a proper audiophile review before getting exctied.
    Agreed - that review reads as though it were written by a man using headphones for the first time

Advertisement