Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

alec76 wrote: »
    BTW some users joining two 0.15 mm wires together ( making pigtail ), very good performance they reckon

Have not tried that yet Alec.
    At the moment i have a winding of 0.15,4GF, 5 turns without using the nail and that works fine at 2.1 Ohms using 11mg juice.
    The 0.20 wire is great also for 1.5 Ohms as you suggested so will alternate between the two as ya do !

Might try this wick also sometime, similar price to the Bulli site but it's 2mm wick. Not sure on delivery charges.
    http://www.peleon.pl/product.php?id_product=1251

A Bulli A2 user said he reckoned it lasted longer and was better than the wick off the Bulli site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Finally got my Bulli back in proper working order...:D

Whenever I cheat on the bulli and use other carto's, they push the centre pin of my ego batteries down a small bit each time I take them on and off (Same with charging the batts). I'm aware of it, so I use a pin to level it up again when I want to use the bulli.

For the last few days, the bulli has been working, but poorly. It was firing, so I never considered the battery connection. Anyway today, I levered it out a bit more, and bobs your uncle, way better performance. Must have been making only the slightest of contacts...

Something others might run into...

Have had to do that with the eGo batteries since i got the Bulli.
    Bought a battery couple weeks ago from TBS and the centre post is fixed into position better with no movement at all so it works every time after charging.
    Make sure next time you buy one it's the latest version of the battery.
    I shorted a fairly new battery the other week, hit the button by mistake as i was prying up the centre post :rolleyes:

Since i went back to the bulli, vapour production hadn't been the same as it was for the couple of months i had used it previously.

Last night i decided to try and get to the bottom of it, and I did :D
    I'd been adding an extra half-turn on the wick by mistake, when I was building the atty, resulting in one extra strand of wicking being used. Seems this was too thick, and there was too much juice at the coil. Probably didn't allow the coil to get hot enough, resulting in less vapour..

• Advertisement

Gryzor wrote: »
    Since i went back to the bulli, vapour production hadn't been the same as it was for the couple of months i had used it previously.

Last night i decided to try and get to the bottom of it, and I did :D
    I'd been adding an extra half-turn on the wick by mistake, when I was building the atty, resulting in one extra strand of wicking being used. Seems this was too thick, and there was too much juice at the coil. Probably didn't allow the coil to get hot enough, resulting in less vapour..

Got this off the UKVapers site.....
    Few more ideas to play with...

Mainly i use the 1st coil and 3rd wick in the diagram.

The coil should be on the opposite side to the air hole. I lift mine up a bit once attached.

As for coil winding, the set up I use most is 4 glass fibre / 4 or 5 turns of wire. 4 turns gives me 2 ohms, 5 turns 2.5 ohms. By 4 glass fibre, I mean the number of strands passing through the coil. To make a "4" wind the wick around your little finger twice. then cut off, flatten against the nail and wind the coil. You should end up with 2 loops of wick on one side and 1 loop plus 2 free ends on the other. You can adjust everything a bit once you've screwed it on and removed the nail. Pull gently to even out the wick lengths. Use the nail to make sure that the coil is evenly spaced.

Here is a diagram showing all the different configurations I've come across on the German forum.

Method 3 allows half turns to be used, if you want them.

I tend to use coil attachment 1 on the diagram, as it is more central. You have to be careful attaching the left hand wire here as the screw is turning opposite to the wire wind. Hold it tight.

dxehyt.jpg

Yeah, I'd be the same as yourself, coil alignment 1 & 4GF, works best for me. In my earlier post, i was ending up with 5GF, too much...

I found when i used coil alignment 2, as the screw tightened, it was hard to stop the left-hand most coil getting pulled around the terminal. Might be just a bit clumsy, but I find it easier to control winding round the inside first...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

derra, Gryzor ,how often do you do dry burn ? Every 4-5 ml i do . Hitting battery button as long as coil getting red and finally wick goes on fire (PG is highly flammable btw ) that's what makes winding as clean as new

Gryzor wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be the same as yourself, coil alignment 1 & 4GF, works best for me. In my earlier post, i was ending up with 5GF, too much...

I found when i used coil alignment 2, as the screw tightened, it was hard to stop the left-hand most coil getting pulled around the terminal. Might be just a bit clumsy, but I find it easier to control winding round the inside first...
    Couple different ways than above...

14tbvwp.jpg
    derra, Gryzor ,how often do you do dry burn ? Every 4-5 ml i do . Hitting battery button as long as coil getting red and finally wick goes on fire (PG is highly flammable btw ) that's what makes winding as clean as new

Mostly every second day i give it a dry burn which would be after about 6ml.
    Think i snapped a wire once or twice before, just made another :D

Read this before..

''The amount of crusting depends on what's in the flavouring added to the juice. I think there is some sort of sugar content, like ethyl maltol, that is the culprit.
    If you want to waste some juice in the interests of science, put a small amount in a teaspoon and hold it over a gas flame. You will find a greater or smaller amount of burnt residue. This is from the flavouring. If you try the same experiment with pure PG or pure VG, they will burn but leave no residue. ''

I only dry burn when changing flavours, every three or four days (~10ml)....i'll pour boiling water over the wick to clean off the remaining juice. Then dry burn till the wick is clean. If it's really caked, i'll agitate the coils to remove the caked stuff, never seen the wick catch fire though...never had a coil actually fail either...

• Advertisement

Got a Box Mod today with 3.7,4.2 and 5 v options regulated.
    Have it on 4.2v @ 2.4 Ohms = 7.35 watts at the moment.
    Vaping Liqua Tobacco juice at the moment from TBS @ 6mg
    Will play around to find a preferred wattage but so far so good and nice to have different options from the 3.4 eGo.

never seen the wick catch fire though.
    I would say you stopping too soon then :) I don't use water to clean it at all -- no need - fire will clean it better then water can do ( well, may be you have to dry burn it more often :)

I would say you stopping too soon then :) I don't use water to clean it at all -- no need - fire will clean it better then water can do ( well, may be you have to dry burn it more often :)

:D
    Just done it there now and it caught fire @ 5v :eek:

What way do you do it Alec,
    A few secs on high voltage then drop it and fire it up again?

Or once it catches fire that is enough?

Got a Box Mod today with 3.7,4.2 and 5 v options regulated.
    Congratulations Derek, it is always nice to get a new toy :)
    I 'd like to get Darwin mod ( too expensive though )
    http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/The-Darwin-Variable-Power-Regulated-PV.html
    U can set desirable power(watts) with this mod -- device will do the rest (check resistance and apply proper voltage to get this power)

Or once it catches fire that is enough?
    I think so , you won't get any fire if it is already clean anyway ?

Congratulations Derek, it is always nice to get a new toy :)
    I 'd like to get Darwin mod ( too expensive though )
    http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/The-Darwin-Variable-Power-Regulated-PV.html
    U can set desirable power(watts) with this mod -- device will do the rest (check resistance and apply proper voltage to get this power)

Cheers Alec and it probably won't be the last !
    Yes i've read about the Darwin before but bit expensive alright.
    We go halves on one and i take it for the first six months :D

I think so , you won't get any fire if it is already clean anyway ?

I was washing the wick with water then firing it up with the eGo but after reading your post i won't be doing that again. A quick blast at 5v will do the trick. Was looking for this earlier when replying but could not find it..

''I start mine off on 5v to get the worst off, then when the coil is starting to glow mostly orange, I switch to 3.5v on a Tornado and pulse it until the whole coil is glowing orange, the smoke has died off and the wick inside the coil is starting to look whiteish again''

Drip Tip adapters are available again from Vapor Age.

Got the 701 to 510 adapter this morning and fits the Bulli perfectly.
    Well worth getting to have another option.

derra wrote: »
    Got the 701 to 510 adapter this morning and fits the Bulli perfectly.
    Well worth getting to have another option.

Can you still use the white cartridge piece with this derra, or does it just turn the bulli into a dripper??

• Advertisement

Turns it into a dripping machine Gryzor :D
    The adapter fits perfectly and looks great on it.
    The drip tip i have fits it but there is movement as it's a bit loose but works fine.

At the moment, i think it's much more effective than the cartridge, taste wise and refilling.

If i can find a drip tip that is similar to the whistle mouth piece on the 701 it be even better.

Think i read somewhere before that this one fits it tightly, but expensive.
    So gonna wait and see on a couple sites what drip tips fit it perfectly

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/SuperT-70-04
    SuperT_70-04_Whistle_drip_w_m.jpg

Hear anything about these Alec?
    Tigra making them
    official thread
    http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f73/t10520.html

Have a look at this one Alec, there is a lot of new atties becoming available.
    No wick.
    Mesh and wire only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that looks pretty great
    review made it sound fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Having just read through this thread very quickly, this does not look like something that the new vapor would go for - too complicated. Even a straight forward 510 is too much for some.

achieve wrote: »
    Having just read through this thread very quickly, this does not look like something that the new vapor would go for - too complicated. Even a straight forward 510 is too much for some.

Would agree it's not for a new user but it's definitely an area vapers should be looking into after a while regarding atomisers.
    There is a learning curve regarding repairables but well worth it in the end financially and performance wise.

there is a lot of new atties becoming available.
    No wick.
    Mesh and wire only.
    I think i want it :)
    those bottom feeder devices getting extremely popular in USA ....That is the future IMO
    As for the mesh instead of wick (aka genesis mod)-- that"s not a news , u could do the same with the bulli as well .
    Bulli , patriot mega etc just an entry level , they are simple and reliable as AK-47 :) , but they won't give too much taste/flavor at all .... explanation is quite simple .... What vapor is ? just a tiny drops of juice hitting your mouse and throat....The bigger size of these drops and shorter distance to your mouse -- the better flavored taste and warmer vapor you'll get. When it is comes to bulli ---- we've got long cartridge on the way of these drops -- it is killing flavor , only a small amount of big sized drops reaching the target .....That's why bottom feeder devices got better potential -- nothing on the way -- same as you dripping ......

I think i want it :)
    those bottom feeder devices getting extremely popular in USA ....That is the future IMO
    As for the mesh instead of wick (aka genesis mod)-- that"s not a news , u could do the same with the bulli as well .
    Bulli , patriot mega etc just an entry level , they are simple and reliable as AK-47 :) , but they won't give too much taste/flavor at all .... explanation is quite simple .... What vapor is ? just a tiny drops of juice hitting your mouse and throat....The bigger size of these drops and shorter distance to your mouse -- the better flavored taste and warmer vapor you'll get. When it is comes to bulli ---- we've got long cartridge on the way of these drops -- it is killing flavor , only a small amount of big sized drops reaching the target .....That's why bottom feeder devices got better potential -- nothing on the way -- same as you dripping ......

Cheers for that Alec.
    The performance of the Bulli is now excellent dripping into it, have not used cartridge since i got the adapter.

I will keep and eye on the pages below for information about buying one.

Link to information on Genesis on UKVapers
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/9222-genesis-line/
    20+ pages about the product and nothing updated on first page in relation to buying etc. :rolleyes:

The person who makes it is Croatian.
    The site is ...http://www.elektronske-cigarete.info/forum/index.php
    Ya must register,then go to this link in the forum.
    http://www.elektronske-cigarete.info/forum/index.php?board=61.0

3 versions of the atty will be available.
    I think $100 inc. delivery.
    Must sign onto waiting list when it opens. The first batch has been sold.
    101_0960

http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd228036/101_0960

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the video linked above said 71 euro delivered, although obviously delivery will be a little different for us

seriously tempted to get one of these as an xmas present for myself, gona have to wait until the new year before i'll be able to afford it though

• Advertisement

the video linked above said 71 euro delivered, although obviously delivery will be a little different for us

seriously tempted to get one of these as an xmas present for myself, gona have to wait until the new year before i'll be able to afford it though

It will probably be the New Year before the next batch is ready, so just get on pre-order list when it opens up.

Advertisement