Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Cheers to Raoul for putting this in motion. I'm signed up both to the Xbox Franchise and League Manager. (Live handle : Hoodle84)

From a quick look around, L.M looks pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm out ot this guys so the raiders are free again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul wrote: »
    Berty, adrian and Santry all got the invites on xbox live. Some of the other guys arent registered.

Sent out a good few pmms. Some people still haven't thanked the rule book post, until they do that they wont be getting a pm.
    League Manager

There is the league manager site invite. Password is the same as the franchise. I am still not sure how it works but I think we should give it a go. And when signing up please use the same username as here.

I also think another week and a bit for people to get the game and everything sorted out is plenty of time. So here is the following poll for draft times:
    Draft time

Just simply put whatever times you are free. I will read the results of the poll next Wednesday or Thursday so plenty of time.

Hi Raoul,

Are there any spots left in the Madden league?
    BigBadRob83 on Xbox Live, big Pats fan but would be happy with any franchise that suits people to fill out divisions best.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hi Raoul,

Are there any spots left in the Madden league?
    BigBadRob83 on Xbox Live, big Pats fan but would be happy with any franchise that suits people to fill out divisions best.

Cheers

I have to see what teams are still available and I will pm you. Please read the rules first though, as I am not sending out invites to new players that haven't read the rules.

There is a good lot of spaces left.

Thanks Raoul,
    Read the rules, all sounds good to me. Sorry, thumbs up not appearing for me to thank the rules post.
    Looking forward to draft and kickoff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sent out a good few pmms. Some people still haven't thanked the rule book post, until they do that they wont be getting a pm.

Can I suggest you edit the rules post and put this part in bold.
    I thanked your post for posting it but I honestly missed that part, it's a long post

Bold will help, I doubt I'm the only one who missed it :)
    Ok here are the rules; does anyone have any changes that they would like to make. Before you can get an invite to the franchise I want everyone new to give me a thanks to make sure that they have at least seen the rule book post. It is the same as last year, we rarely had any problems. But we really need everyone to familiarise themselves with it.

mikemac wrote: »
    Can I suggest you edit the rules post and put this part in bold.
    I thanked your post for posting it but I honestly missed that part, it's a long post

Bold will help, I doubt I'm the only one who missed it :)

You missed the first paragraph?? :eek:

Thats just lazy ha. Its only for the new people anyway. Almost all of them have thanked it.

Well I just assumed it was the rules post, didn't read it fully :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

From what I have read the myleaguemanager site has a draft board for the end if season rookie draft. Unlike the XBox live one which is useless the one on LM is supposed to actually work which is awesome.

What I don't know however is if it has a draft board which works for the fantasy draft.

Joined the league in XBox last night.

Big thanks to Raoul for all his organizing on this !

Berty44 wrote: »
    From what I have read the myleaguemanager site has a draft board for the end if season rookie draft. Unlike the XBox live one which is useless the one on LM is supposed to actually work which is awesome.

What I don't know however is if it has a draft board which works for the fantasy draft.

Joined the league in XBox last night.

Big thanks to Raoul for all his organizing on this !

No problem.

What do you think we should do for the fantasy draft then?

Should we ignore the salary cap for the first season, or should we do the draft and then people have to cut players to the free agency if they are over the salary cap.

I'm not sure so would really like your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No problem.

What do you think we should do for the fantasy draft then?

Should we ignore the salary cap for the first season, or should we do the draft and then people have to cut players to the free agency if they are over the salary cap.

I'm not sure so would really like your opinion.

I'm thinking we should probably ignore the salary cap. With drafting players there should be an even spread amongst teams anyways. We wouldn't trade much anyways so no salary cap is probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

hey guys

Sorry, when are you starting the league and is there a spot left for me!!:D

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm thinking we should probably ignore the salary cap. With drafting players there should be an even spread amongst teams anyways. We wouldn't trade much anyways so no salary cap is probably best.
    Why do you think people wouldn't trade much?

I am happy either way with ignoring the salary cap. I think it is more important for leagues with a high number of cpu teams.

As it's a fantasy draft I would say definitely avoid the salary cap as it would cause horrendous problems.

Would be some merit to salary cap if using real teams but I am involved with another franchise which uses real teams and it was even decided in that not to use the salary cap in the league manager site due to it being too problematic.

As it's a fantasy draft I would say definitely avoid the salary cap as it would cause horrendous problems.

Would be some merit to salary cap if using real teams but I am involved with another franchise which uses real teams and it was even decided in that not to use the salary cap in the league manager site due to it being too problematic.

Thats fine.

Only three people left to chose teams and so far we have at least two people in each division and three in NFC North, AFC South and AFC East.

I'm feeling lonely in the AFC North, yis are all chicken :p

Wonder if bobarena still around, not seen him in here at all

mikemac wrote: »
    I'm feeling lonely in the AFC North, yis are all chicken :p

Wonder if bobarena still around, not seen him in here at all

BigBadRob is going to take care of you with his Bengals!

Just had a few mintues going through the myleaguemanager site. It looks to be awesome. Couple of huge benefits I can see for us.

1) Trading function which allows you to trade with CPU teams as it has CPU logic ( should implement a rule though that all trades be done through the LM site and not through XBox )

2) You can even trade for draft picks !!

3) It has a rookie draft board which works. Unfortunately this does not seem to work for the franchise draft at the beginning.

4) The league has its own Discussion forums ( where Raoul has been busy I see !! )

5) Subforums for Game Scheduling / Trade Talks / League News / Announcements and League Rules.

6) Keeps great statistics and gives awards.

I like it.... a lot !

Also completed Raoul's poll, more great work Commissioner, very impressed !!!!!!

BigBadRob is going to take care of you with his Bengals!

Looking to finally make the Bengals respectable in the AFC North.

Will be online this evening from about 18:00 if anyone's up for a game
    [Gamertag: BigBadRob83]

Just had a few mintues going through the myleaguemanager site. It looks to be awesome. Couple of huge benefits I can see for us.

1) Trading function which allows you to trade with CPU teams as it has CPU logic ( should implement a rule though that all trades be done through the LM site and not through XBox )

2) You can even trade for draft picks !!

3) It has a rookie draft board which works. Unfortunately this does not seem to work for the franchise draft at the beginning.

4) The league has its own Discussion forums ( where Raoul has been busy I see !! )

5) Subforums for Game Scheduling / Trade Talks / League News / Announcements and League Rules.

6) Keeps great statistics and gives awards.

I like it.... a lot !

Also completed Raoul's poll, more great work Commissioner, very impressed !!!!!!

yeah must say the league manager looks a great addition. Looking forward to the weekly previews and the awards a lot.

Only thing is does it make this thread obsolete when everything can be done over there?

I also have the power to veto any trades. I think it should be added that all trades are done on the league manager site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Can I take Redskins?

Should be picking up game tmrw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah must say the league manager looks a great addition. Looking forward to the weekly previews and the awards a lot.

Only thing is does it make this thread obsolete when everything can be done over there?

I also have the power to veto any trades. I think it should be added that all trades are done on the league manager site.

Why cant we stay here?

Yes I absolutely agree that this thread will become pretty obsolete. So I do think that we come in here once a week and keep it bumped up to the top of the American Football forums so that we can keep getting joiners throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Won't the 'no salary cap' thing create serious problems when it comes to signing FA in the offseason?

Why cant we stay here?

Well its just the leaguemanager site has everything really, proper threads for sorting out the fixtures and proper threads for league announcements. What I propose is to keep all general talk about the league here and then keep all the proper organised talk over there.

So chat here, business over there.

Won't the 'no salary cap' thing create serious problems when it comes to signing FA in the offseason?

Not really cos the free agents aren't generally that good that you will have people fighting over them. If you think we should have it we can have another poll to decide.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cool

Re FA in the off season. There won't be any good ones!!

Basically after the draft virtually only scrubs in the FA pool. Anyone any good simply retires or are kept on by their team ( why release them - no salary cap ).

Is BigBadRob83=Bobarena???

• Advertisement

Is BigBadRob83=Bobarena???

No, there is no sign of bobarena about at all. :(
    Here is how the franchise is lining up at the moment, still need people to give me gamertags, three more people to pick teams aswell.
    2rdgqwi.png

Advertisement