Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Hmm, I thought that in a fantasy draft, you pick up players by their existing, real contract.

eg. Wes Welker has one year left on his current, real world contract. If you draft him, I believe he becomes an Unrestricted FA after the first season of the franchise.

I could be wrong though, so feel free to tell me to pipe down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hmm, I thought that in a fantasy draft, you pick up players by their existing, real contract.

eg. Wes Welker has one year left on his current, real world contract. If you draft him, I believe he becomes an Unrestricted FA after the first season of the franchise.

I could be wrong though, so feel free to tell me to pipe down.

In the fantasy draft, basically none of the teams have a roster. First pick has choice of any single player in the whole nfl and it goes on like this until everyone has picked a full roster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    No, there is no sign of bobarena about at all. :(
    Here is how the franchise is lining up at the moment, still need people to give me gamertags, three more people to pick teams aswell.

I'm not sure he has Madden 12, i've seen him online over the last week or so but he's still on Madden 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

HeartoftheCity there are NO contracts as such in the fantasy draft so players stay with the team until you cut them.

Bobarena is around allright. Was talking to him the week after madden came out and while he had not actually got the game at that stage he was definitely getting it. You should send him an invite.

Also Raoul, has a Boards Madden Community been set up?? It is very handy to see who is online playing Madden. That way you can get a game with someone who is not necessarily on your XBox Friends List but who is part of the Community.

Berty44 wrote: »
    HeartoftheCity there are NO contracts as such in the fantasy draft so players stay with the team until you cut them.

Bobarena is around allright. Was talking to him the week after madden came out and while he had not actually got the game at that stage he was definitely getting it. I would send him an invite.

Also Raoul, has a Boards Madden Community been set up?? It is very handy to see who is online playing Madden. That way you can get a game with someone who is not necessarily on your XBox Friends List but who is part of the Community.

Nope, how do you do that?

• Advertisement

Raoul FYI:
    Danger_dave1 = DangerDavo85

On your Xbox Live there is Communities. Basically you create a Community, make it private, and send out invites to everyone you know. You set the rules re quarter lengths etc.

It pretty cool really. Keeps a little league table of everyones record of matches in the Community.

So when you get online you go to XBox Live > Communitis then go to the member list, see who is online from Communityand invite them to a game.

Each Community even has its own Game Lobby if people want to use that method of setting up games !!!

Means that every time you go online you are not simply hoping someone on your FL is playing Madden forcing you into a the cheesefest that is Lobby Games !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if i struggle at All Pro and have never played online is there any point joining?

If there is, whats the commitment like?

if i struggle at All Pro and have never played online is there any point joining?

If there is, whats the commitment like?

Yeah you may aswell join. You will get used to it quick enough and everyone is pretty good at giving tips.

We just play one game a week, so you just have to get online at the same time as your opponent. Not too much of a commitment, if you can't play one week you just leave the league for that week and come back later

Yeah you may aswell join. You will get used to it quick enough and everyone is pretty good at giving tips.

We just play one game a week, so you just have to get online at the same time as your opponent. Not too much of a commitment, if you can't play one week you just leave the league for that week and come back later

i dont need much encouragement tbh!! so count me in - need to renew my xbox live so i'll do that tonight and post up my gamertag...

• Advertisement

Give the rules a read (around post 190) and thank them and then I will send you out the invite.

What team do you want? (you have to pick a team in a division with only two human players)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

No, there is no sign of bobarena about at all. :(
    Here is how the franchise is lining up at the moment, still need people to give me gamertags, three more people to pick teams aswell.

Come draft day, if we aren't going to get close to filling the 32 slots (20 at the moment), is there any appetite for doing the Fantasy draft with 24 teams?

Don't know if that's manageable on League Manager, but have seen it as an option in Madden and would reduce matches against CPU.

Berty44: HeartOfTheCity setup a community
    Hope you don't mind (as the new guy round here) but I've set up a XBox360 Community (unrelated to the online Franchise) for the Boards.ie folks. Join in! (Even though I want to hurt my Xbox after a FIVE pick outing)

Community Name : Boards ie (that's a space where a dot would usually be)
    Abbreviation : BIE
    Password : 33668312

Give the rules a read (around post 190) and thank them and then I will send you out the invite.

What team do you want? (you have to pick a team in a division with only two human players)

does it matter as we're drafting? if there's no benefit to taking one team over another then I'll pick the Panthers.

Come draft day, if we aren't going to get close to filling the 32 slots (20 at the moment), is there any appetite for doing the Fantasy draft with 24 teams?

Don't know if that's manageable on League Manager, but have seen it as an option in Madden and would reduce matches against CPU.

Berty44: HeartOfTheCity setup a community
    Thats the idea already, I think. We are just doing the league with as many ppl as possible. Its not necessary to fill the whole league.

And cheers didn't see the community thing.

does it matter as we're drafting? if there's no benefit to taking one team over another then I'll pick the Panthers.

No just team colours really.

We did a draft for Madden 11 with 10 teams ( yes 10 only teams ). It was really good fun and the CPU drafted some decent teams. We played 2 full seasons and ran out out time for a 3rd franchise season because we started so late in the season ( A shortened mini league was run instead ). Now we have more than twice that number so it will be really good.

Don't worry about the CPU, it will draft teams that will be pretty competitive. Last season some of the CPU teams were so good that a rule had to introduced to stop guys from restarting games against the CPU which they were losing !

Thanks Rob, I will join the Boards Community later, I missed that post.

As to B.Princes question, definitely join. Playing friendlies against the guys will improve your game no end. From starting M11 to the end there was a huge increase in the strandards of all the players.

Make sure you use a mic though if you can, have a bit of crack and a laugh and a chat during the game. Games are far more fun. Somehow when you lose a game to someone you have been chatting with all through it does not seem so bad. Lose to someone who has not been on mic always seems to feel far worse.

Whats your gamertag btw?

Whats your gamertag btw?

theprince83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

my gamer tag is lynch140 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I finally got my madden 12 , I've got a day off tomorrow first in awhile , ill be on all day playing tomorrow, If anyone is up for a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

manage my league and online community joined

Kilns can you somehow make it possible for yourself to accept pms.

Unfortunately NFC East already has three people in it, could you pick someone from the following:

Browns
    Steelers
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Chiefs or
    Raiders.

There is a couple of other people picking from these 6 so its first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive changed from the Jaguars to the Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I finally got my madden 12 , I've got a day off tomorrow first in awhile , ill be on all day playing tomorrow, If anyone is up for a few games.
    xbox or ps3??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Berty44 wrote: »
    Make sure you use a mic though if you can, have a bit of crack and a laugh and a chat during the game.

There's no craic or laughing during my games

Here is my deadly serious face :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

will try and sort out the PM thing but I have always had problems with it for some reason!!

I'll take the Steelers so.....

sorry what do i do when i sign up to myleaguemanager? i dont have any options to join a league - only to create one...

Berty, adrian and Santry all got the invites on xbox live. Some of the other guys arent registered.

Sent out a good few pmms. Some people still haven't thanked the rule book post, until they do that they wont be getting a pm.
    League Manager

There is the league manager site invite. Password is the same as the franchise. I am still not sure how it works but I think we should give it a go. And when signing up please use the same username as here.

I also think another week and a bit for people to get the game and everything sorted out is plenty of time. So here is the following poll for draft times:
    Draft time

Just simply put whatever times you are free. I will read the results of the poll next Wednesday or Thursday so plenty of time.

Just for people who may have missed this post, I think if you click on the league manager link above, it will add you directly to our league. Seems to have worked for other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry, what's our league password for League manager?

• Advertisement

Password is same as for the Franchise.

Advertisement