Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

League manager site looks fantastic
    And when signing up please use the same username as here.

I used my xbox live tag in error

But mikemac/micmclo
    Realy, they're pretty much the same so not a huge deal.

You know it's me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac wrote: »
    League manager site looks fantastic

I used my xbox live tag in error

But mikemac/micmclo
    Realy, they're pretty much the same so not a huge deal.

You know it's me :)

I used my xbox GT also, Adro76.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    I used my xbox GT also, Adro76.

Yeah well just use one or the other really. Thats why I stuck up the excel thing, cos last year I always got confused with who was who. So it would be good to be able to check quickly who I have to pm on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Sorry for skipping most of the post, is it too late to enter this? (Ps3 or xbox actually?)

My ps username is Hochulese - if it ain't too late i'd like to pick the Vikings.... obviously lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Not too late at all BUT its XBox unfortunately. Look back through this thread and you will find some PS3 users to contact re what they doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hopefully PS3 one gets to go ahead :)

Gamertag and team update:
    de3c4i.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Are we any closer to getting a draft date?

Raoul's poll is still going on but LESS THAN HALF of the franchise members have voted so far !!!!!!

Raoul has put great work into getting this all set up so if you have not voted your preference for a draft date go to his poll and put your preferences in.

http://www.doodle.com/bu3yhtspcrnhdm47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Berty44 wrote: »
    Raoul's poll is still going on but LESS THAN HALF of the franchise members have voted so far !!!!!!

Raoul has put great work into getting this all set up so if you have not voted your preference for a draft date go to his poll and put your preferences in.

http://www.doodle.com/bu3yhtspcrnhdm47
    Done :)

Might be a good thing missing the draft for me. Missed the Madden 11 one and made the Superbowl both seasons! :)

Will join the franchise tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Can someone send me on the league password again so I can join the league manager? Searched my PM's from last year but can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Oh and my gamertag is BlockyCross9. I may update it soon but will leave it for a bit until everything is sorted out. Feel free to add.

After a few weeks of playing I think I've finally gotten used to it and would like to think I'm better this time around than the last one. Finding the Texans the easiest to play with (of the non-elite teams) given they have Foster and Johnson.

Also think I'm figuring out opposition offences a bit more too even though I'm fairly basic in choosing my defensive plays.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm 1-5 with the Titans off line, I'm not having any luck with my QB's. Collins is dirt poor, Locker is too unpredictable.. over throws short passes yet could get a 40 yard bomb on the money. Young keeps getting picked off and Johnson keeps get smashed up around the line of scrimmage.

Generally my defending is going pretty well, I never lose by much and yesterday i actually blocked a FG attempt :D but i'd say i'm scoring on 33% of my drives so i'm getting killed.

Playing Madden three years and yesterday was the first time I blocked a FG.

I don't even know how I did it but man it felt good :)

I'll probably never ever repeat it again

Playing Madden three years and yesterday was the first time I blocked a FG.

I don't even know how I did it but man it felt good :)

I'll probably never ever repeat it again

I still haven't had one full game of it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Im struggling to run the ball ! :eek: What ever will i do ?! Does the Run happy/ Strong Defense Dave change to a west coast offense ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ha ha LOL...

I think running the ball should be banned from the game,

As collinsworth CONSTANTLY says during commentary.

Im struggling to run the ball ! :eek: What ever will i do ?! Does the Run happy/ Strong Defense Dave change to a west coast offense ?

Have you tried Tomlinson yet? First on your draft board I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Raoul wrote: »
    Gamertag and team update:
    de3c4i.png

Game arrived today! Hurray!

I'm Sundalic

might be tomorrow evening before I get to play any though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm 2-15 online now, had a couple of wins over the last few days to make a shite record look slightly less shite :pac:

Thanks to Stev_o and MikeMac for advising that I change to the formations tab rather than using Ask Madden. It's made me get so much better than I was along with understanding the game a lot more.

Defensively I've improved so much. I'm able to read plays as well as can be expected for someone new to the sport. I get quite a few sacks from changing zone D to blitzes when I can see the offence is going to run the ball. The one thing I do struggle with still is being able to stop 4th down plays as I usually panic and make the wrong call on the play. Overall though, a massive improvement in the space of a couple of weeks.

Offensively I've improved too, but nowhere near the extent of my defense. One big thing I have trouble with is running a HB slam. I hold the protect ball button but I'd say 7 times out of 10 he'll still fumble the ball, very frustrating. I also struggle to get a running game going and that's a pain as throwing the ball I'm as bad as Big Ben was last Sunday :pac: Still, I'm getting better. I just need to get a lot more used to seeing what sort of play is coming from the D.

I just panic when I get into a lead and start doing stupid things. I'm sure I'll cut that out as I become more confident, but it's so frustrating to know you've lost a game purely because of your own mistakes and not the opponents superior ability.

I like the Eagles playbook on both offence and defence so I've been using that with the different teams I've been playing as. I'm a Ravens fan and found that they're quite good online so that's handy as I can play with my favoured team. Reed is a beast for picking the ball too!

You never know, by the time Madden 13 is released I might even be half decent at the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Have you guys played against anyone excessively pausing the game? I'm currently playing someone who has used 8 pauses over the course of the game and let it wind down until the Xbox says he has no more time left. It's seriously annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have you guys played against anyone excessively pausing the game? I'm currently playing someone who has used 8 pauses over the course of the game and let it wind down until the Xbox says he has no more time left. It's seriously annoying.

I guess you're winning and they're trying to frustrate you so much that you quit.

Paully, if you can I would try and play as many games through the Boards ie community rather than ranked games. They will do your head in eventually with guys going for always on 4th down, onside kicking.

All of the guys that I know in the community play 100% fair and most use mics. Chatting and learning stuff when playing Madden is half the fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll be on tonight for a few games about 11:30 if anyone is up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

All going well I should be around tonight, don't expect a challenge though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight for a few games about 11:30 if anyone is up for it.

Ill be about as well, could have the final of the mini league in madden 12 ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Was playing my franchise against Miami. 14-14 and Miami get a FG with just 4 seconds remaining. All of a sudden my first ever FG block in playing this game 3 years. Delighted! Went on to win in OT aswell.

Out of the 25 people so far:
    14 people have joined my league manager so far.
    17 have filled out the draft time.
    10 people have joined the franchise online.
    4 have not given me their gamertags.
    2 have not given me their team choices or gamertags.

Thats not too bad I suppose. But come on lads try and get everything sorted before next friday (looks like the most likely draft time atm), as the franchise will begin the day after the draft. :)

Come on commish

List the stragglers and name and shame :eek:

Come on commish

List the stragglers and name and shame :eek:

Too much effort, you can help out and do it, ha. All you have to do is look at the draft time poll, the madden site and my post with the names.

After all, I want everyone to sorta help so that the franchise will more or less run itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

de3c4i.png

My Gamertag is elboW316

Advertisement