Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bmcc10 wrote: »
    im the same paully its a joke im afraid the whole aspect of offline gaming is gone for me.

I actually think there's quite a few modes on Madden that would keep the offline gamer ticking over for quite a while, but whatever it is for me I just can't play offline games any more without getting bored very, very quickly.

The only games I purchase now are sports games that I can play online (Madden, FIFA, NBA2K) or Call of Duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Playing franchise mode on all pro last night
    Running is very easy while passing is difficult.
    Very opposite of last Madden where there were a few pass plays that had great success.

Two versions ago they had a feature called Backtrack and Cris Collinsworth would replay your play and point out the open man you missed. Why did they get rid of it :confused:

And they got rid of The Extra Point, I didn't always watch it but it was nice to have

These are minor points but for every new version they seem to be taking things away, not keeping them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I'm really in 2 minds as to whether this is going to be worth getting at all... Played 11 and the offline is just boring.. there's nothing interesting at all about it and it's just blehh... The online and multiplayer is great though so it was worth getting for that....

the update to 12 though looks like it's just going to be a roster update with some nicer pregame presentation (I skip this anyways so I couldn't care less about presentation tbh) so I really dunno whether I'm bothered with getting it...

I've already got NCAA 12 and I'm loving it so far.. have been playing the Dynasty Mode flat out since I got it and loving every minute of it... so much more rewarding than Franchise mode ever was in Madden.. haven't got to play it online yet because I've just been too lazy to make an American account but I will some of the days...

I've been reading reviews all evening about the game and I just dunno if it's going to be worth the investment for me... there's a heap of other games coming out around October/November that I'd rather save my €50 for and leave my football gaming this year with NCAA.. unless I can get a huge trade in discount for 11 or find it really cheap somewhere I don't think I'll be going with madden this year..

just don't think I can justify myself splashing out for what is essentially NCAA 12 but with the NFL roster and teams minus a decent offline mode.. especially seeing as I have 11 if I really do want to have a game with NFL teams...

Honestly don't get it, it's a waste of 50 quid. The series has gone back several steps with this addition. The game mechanics are pretty much broken anyway. To play as any player in coverage is suicide since the catch and swat buttons are horribly inconsistent no matter how many times you press the button.

Play action is a joke and does nothing, you NEVER get a bite off the AI they always just drop back into coverage once you snap the ball.

Running is stupidly easy to the point where you just have to run the ball because passing is so broken.

Screen plays are also broken.

QB sneak net's you 4 yards EVER time it's laughable how broken it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Stev_o wrote: »
    Honestly don't get it, it's a waste of 50 quid. The series has gone back several steps with this addition. The game mechanics are pretty much broken anyway. To play as any player in coverage is suicide since the catch and swat buttons are horribly inconsistent no matter how many times you press the button.

Play action is a joke and does nothing, you NEVER get a bite off the AI they always just drop back into coverage once you snap the ball.

Running is stupidly easy to the point where you just have to run the ball because passing is so broken.

Screen plays are also broken.

QB sneak net's you 4 yards EVER time it's laughable how broken it is.

the QB sneak is very annoying, seems there is no way to defend against it Cam Newton ran about 10 times in the first half the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Should be on tonight for a game paully if yer still up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

just wondering has any of yous played of the virgingaming.com site?i won 5$ from playing madden then entered a fifa tournament with it and won 30$ handy 20quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

snip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Slightly confused should this have been a touch back?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/92286670

Yes, touchback

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Should be on tonight for a game paully if yer still up for it

Hi mate, I won't be around for a few weeks unfortunately. I still haven't got on to add you but I will and we'll have a game in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

If anyone fancies a game in the next while I'll prob be on until the match tonight... GamerTag is PoonTownWarrior

Xbox 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Haven't played Madden sicne the 2010 game... have they fixed the all-madden (sometimes even all-pro) problem of the computer's defensive players with worse than 55 catching ratings, doing one-handed-diving-backwards-on-the-turn-having-changed-direction-right-as-you-threw-the-ball-like-it-was-nothing issue?

That annoyed the life out of me, especially when your WRs with 90+ catching would drop passes right in their hands, only 10-15 yards down the field. The games were still too easy to win, but that was infuriating at times. You'd have to check it down 9/10 times, or have a passer rating of 80-83 at best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I hated this game, but god im loving it now. Just finished my first season in franchise mode and really enjoyed it. Feel its a much better game then last year, still a few things that need a tweek but im sure it will be in the update, hope so anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Think ill go trade in 11 and Black Ops and get it today`

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The passing game is shocking though. As others have said, a complete reversal of last years where the running game was harder. I'm even having trouble with the Saints Post play which nearly always got me a 1st down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Guys, don't just leave it at "Pro" or "All-Pro" at the global difficulty setting. Go to Player Skill and Computer Skill if you want to make certain aspets of it harder. It really can be fine tuned to your exact level, just takes a lot of trial and error. If you're finding running too easy, there's so many sliders you can adjust in these two options. Well worth the effort it takes to get it spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

But isnt that the problem???? You nearly always got a first down? That shouldnt happen. I was throwing INTs all the time, now with Rivers I had I think 8 INTs and just over 4000 yards few behind Manning.
    I just went into practice and got used to the game and I now have no problems throwing the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If I don't have a soccer match tomorrow I'll be on for a good bit of the day if anyones up for a game on the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rochey18 wrote: »
    But isnt that the problem???? You nearly always got a first down? That shouldnt happen. I was throwing INTs all the time, now with Rivers I had I think 8 INTs and just over 4000 yards few behind Manning.
    I just went into practice and got used to the game and I now have no problems throwing the ball.

I'd only use it on 3rd downs if I felt I was badly stuck, if I was within 5 yards I'd normally try run the ball for the 1st. Hadn't played Madden before so I was always using Gameplay rather than picking a play myself. If a play came up on 3rd down that I didn't think would work, it was easier to call an audible and go with the Saints Post.

But the fact remains, the same play in both Madden 11 and 12 giving very different results.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just bought it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Any spots left in online franchise for Xbox? Think I might give it a go.

It's not starting for another week or two niallsparky
    So you're in

Any preferences on what team you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Put me down for the Xbox franchise next week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

if there are anymore places in the xbox franchise i will take one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

mikemac wrote: »
    It's not starting for another week or two niallsparky
    So you're in

Any preferences on what team you want?

Are the Falcons available?

I think the commish has the Falcons

The commish should be here in a few days organizing it, we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

mikemac wrote: »
    I think the commish has the Falcons

The commish should be here in a few days organizing it, we'll see

Are we using the same teams from last year or starting over? Plus is it a draft or real teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I would like in on the Xbox league also

Someone should probably do up a list to keep tabs on all those who want in, as the fantasy football showed this year there's lots more people interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I am absolutely delighted to see so many people joining the league. We will be giving each player first option on the team they had last year and then it'll be open picking. It will be a fantasy draft and I'll post up details on Monday.

Will probably start a new thread too keep things easier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, please quote this message and add your name and preferred team if you want in. Anyone who did last year gets first refusal on their own team.

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry
    Berty44
    Raoul
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman
    mikemac
    niallsparky
    helimachopter
    PADRAIC.M - ravens
    Ix Deadmau5
    JohnnyRyan99