Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just finished the last episode. I love this show, but if it were to end now, that episode was a perfect "out". I reckon they weren't expecting to be picked up for season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've just started rewatching all the episodes now and it's really jarring how different all the characters, especially Troy and Britta are. Also I miss Professor Duncan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A few of the other writers have said that they'll be back too - Andy Bobrow (who has written episodes including Mixology Certification and Pillows & Blankets) and Steve Basilone & Annie Mebane (who wrote Regional Holiday Music and Introduction to Finality). So at least with them and Megan Ganz on board there should hopefully still be some decent episodes :)

Vulture have a Season 3 quiz! I got 25/25 :o I'm such a nerd hahaha!

And a redditor called Derferman has made a short demo of Journey to the Centre of Hawkthorne - you can download it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

And a redditor called Derferman has made a short demo of Journey to the Centre of Hawkthorne - you can download it here.

That is pretty sweet. Wonder how 'exact' they're going to try and match the game shown in the show.

psicic wrote: »
    First Friday without a new episode.... not sure I'm going to make a whole summer without new episodes :eek:

3am on Friday is still Thursday to me. Amateur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Would anybody be surprised if Donald Glover is less involved or even pulls out of any further seasons?he seems to be concentrating mainly on his music in interviews and the like(not necessarily a bad thing,Gambino is unbelievably good) and apparently he may have a pretty big role on the second season of girls

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I hope not, Troy is awesome.

Well I know on one Gambino song he mentioned wanting the show to be cancelled because he wanted to move on, which is the reason he left 30 Rock as well. Seems like he doesn't want to be tied to anything long term, but I hope he stays for the next and most likely last, season.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I hope not, Troy is awesome.
    Be interesting to see how they'd make Abed cope (I know we've some idea but for a full season).

"Troy and Abed in the morning" to become "Abed in mourning" ? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Donald Glover is a man of many talents.. an excellent rapper, fantastic comedic actor, top notch comedian (his Michael Cera as 'Shaft' bit is amazing, but not on YouTube! :() and a damn fine writer!

NBC should do everything possible to keep him on side - certainly as long as Community is on the air... which is inevitably for one final season.

Would I be suprised if he left Community? He certainly thrives in that role, and does look like it really enjoys it.

But now than Dan Harmon has been sacked.. all bets are off. I've a feeling if actor's contracts were up, there'd certainly be a shake-up!

EDIT: Just found the Black Spiderman / Michael Cera as Shaft bit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm pretty sure all the main cast are contracted to appear in the show for the upcoming season at least, so Donald Glover won't be leaving any time soon. After that I'm not sure, but it's unlikely it'll be renewed for more seasons anyway.

Did he not leave 30 Rock because he got the role on Community?

Donald Glover won't be leaving any time soon. After that I'm not sure, but it's unlikely it'll be renewed for more seasons anyway.?
    in the unlikely but welcome (hopefully anyway) event that there's more I wonder would he retturn?
    Did he not leave 30 Rock because he got the role on Community?
    No I'm pretty sure he left to do stand-up, and if my memory serves me right, he was going to do a different series that wasn't picked up.Maybe I'm wrong but I think thats right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This one is brilliant.

^

Yep, linked to that in my post above.

The whole 'Weirdo' show is great.. recommend it to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

The whole of wierdo is online if anybody wants to watch,

I've had it bookmarked for a while now, keep meaning to watch it, hearing lots of good things about it.

Also the Journey to The Center of Hawkthorne game is coming along nicely on reddit. They've got all the characters and are working on the forest level.

if season 4 is gonna be the last then what about a spin-off?how about a "Troy and Abed in the Morning" show but in the style of the Larry Sanders show?:-)
    Also has anybody got any of the t-shirts (Community or other ones) from redbubble.com?Interested in getting a laser lotus one but wanna know are they reliable first

Oh no, no spin offs! The show is very much an ensemble effort, anyone breaking off from the group would just lead to another Joey.

I've seen Redbubble recommended on the Community Reddit Sprucemoose so I think they're legit.

Speaking of merch, I want a Troy and Abed in the Morning mug so badly but NBC's shipping rates are bloody extortionate.

TeeBusters have a couple of great Community T-Shirts.. won a voucher for 4 free tees off them during the week so hoping they come up soon!

Inspector Spacetime ftw! :D

9aadd6e9710084ac08fe098dfe9e26eevote.jpg
    edfaef932fbfbbf57d19c3b789ed527etroyabedmor.jpg
    80b97053efe835d0a5a95872f354c37fTBV-TA.jpg
    ecb639286c760ebce4e8284f0ebc2a8btroyabedTB.jpg
    62b4b09c8381ff5cc436b87d42ea5017Inspectorspacetimetb.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That purple and yellow one would go perfectly with my Lakers Superstars. How do you buy them? That TeeBusters site makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement

That purple and yellow one would go perfectly with my Lakers Superstars. How do you buy them? That TeeBusters site makes no sense to me.
    You vote for them.. and if there's interest, they sell them over a 48 hour period. See the homepage for the current one

If you miss them, tough tits!

None of the 'Community' ones have been printed as of yet AFAIK.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's the average number of votes needed to get one printed? I guess it's well north of 8 :D

What's the average number of votes needed to get one printed? I guess it's well north of 8 :D
    Unfortunately, the logic there is a little "off".

I presumed it was based on votes - but since you can see the ones that were printed here.. the top one has 368 votes while the one that just was up yesterday has '0'.

:confused:

phasers wrote: »
    Speaking of merch, I want a Troy and Abed in the Morning mug so badly but NBC's shipping rates are bloody extortionate.

You weren't lying. Even the domestic shipping is ridiculous.

You weren't lying. Even the domestic shipping is ridiculous.
    I did the NBC Studios Tour in NYC in the States in February.. and was meant to go back and pick up some cheap merch in the store (Chuck has ended the week previously, so it was full of Nerd-Herder stuff at practically nothing) but never got a chance. Some of the Community merchandise was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

i've never wanted a tshirt like the above until now, the beards one, god yes

Shame, they're really good:
    p1020715kl.jpg
    :D

(bf got me this as a present when he was in NYC).

you're the worst.

you're the worst.
    I'm ixoy from the dark timeline ;)

• Advertisement

I've never met you, ixoy, but I think I might just hate you now.

Advertisement