Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to hellfire club at night?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

The recess were prob for candle's, plus the curve would radiate the light out from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I'm going for night time wander up here tonight, while the good weather is still with us...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I'm going for night time wander up here tonight, while the good weather is still with us...

can't do tonight. in work until 5am :-(

would join you otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Was up there at about 3am over the summer. The view is amazing both at night and during the day. I was hoping for some paranormal experience but left disappointed

Halloween just around the corner, nights much shorter now, this thread will just not die until it has been fulfilled haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Halloween just around the corner, nights much shorter now, this thread will just not die until it has been fulfilled haha!
    so when is the next trip up being organised?id be into it...dont fancy leavin me car in the carpark tho..wheres the next safest place to leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Maudi wrote: »
    so when is the next trip up being organised?id be into it...dont fancy leavin me car in the carpark tho..wheres the next safest place to leave it.

drove up that way tonight and there were lots of cars parked out on the road tho tbh thats not the safest place either as its a blind bend coming down the hill from the glencree direction, very easy for someone to run into the back/side of your car if they were speeding/not paying attention

Myself and my cousin took a wander up the other night, amazing view of the city from the summit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UNENONE

My ma and da used to drive up that road up to the ruin often in the early morning in the 70's until they saw a group of people in white robes on the drive home on the side of the road singing hyms... thats not all one of them walked out infront of the car on purpose and my da nearly crashed swirving around him!!! that **** really freaks me out.. all that satan nonsence like there just mentlers in robes?

a friend of my ma's son also had a bad experience up there while camping up there as a dare with a few of his friends.. now i dont know if this is true but they were playing cards in there tent. they shuffled the cards and after one of them had a big black cross like charcoal drawn onto it. they got out of the tent and legged it to the bottom to get a taxi home and while on the way to the bottom the 5 of them heard screams coming from the woods alllll the way to the bottom...

if something like that happened to me i wouldnt be able to cope jesus christ!!

all my aunties and uncles have warned me never to go near the mountains and i NEVER will...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UNENONE

My ma and da used to drive up that road up to the ruin often in the early morning in the 70's until they saw a group of people in white robes on the drive home on the side of the road singing hyms... thats not all one of them walked out infront of the car on purpose and my da nearly crashed swirving around him!!! that **** really freaks me out.. all that satan nonsence like there just mentlers in robes?

a friend of my ma's son also had a bad experience up there while camping up there as a dare with a few of his friends.. now i dont know if this is true but they were playing cards in there tent. they shuffled the cards and after one of them had a big black cross like charcoal drawn onto it. they got out of the tent and legged it to the bottom to get a taxi home and while on the way to the bottom the 5 of them heard screams coming from the woods alllll the way to the bottom... now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dnekro69

been going camping up there since i was about 15 that's 20 odd years now
    the 1st time myself and a load of friends went up ..just teenagers at the time..the place just oozed malevolence and evil..freezing cold..roof constantly leaking..impossible to light a fire in the hearth..and the dogs were attacking some unseen entity outside..which freaked us out! we all fell asleep exhausted..and i awoke to this unearthly breathing noise coming from downstairs..really sinister!
    didn't go up again for a few years after that...
    but i heard when the board of works were renovating the place they found skeletons of dwarfs under the hallway and gave them a christian burial and the hauntings all but subsided...
    spent many a Halloween /birthday..new years eve up there since...rarely getany bad vibes?
    just the best night times views you can get across dublin!!
    great place to watch the sun rise over dublin bay early in the
    morning %
    one time a few years back a load of us had a party there and we ended up in the basement..which actually the 1st floor as there's another floor underneath filled in a long time ago to reinforce the foundations...wonder what's down there???
    but basically i was lying on an airbed mattress and got too drunk to follow everyone back out to the campsite in the woods..so i got into my sleeping bag and fell asleep ish in the pitch dark of the club..very creepy on my own..was drifting in and out of sleep..and i could i could voices approaching in the distance...about midnight..a load of japanese tourists..started walking around starting upstairs with their torches...so i hid my face under the sleeping bag as they slowly started to approach the room i was in..when they shone the light on what must of looked like a giant bodybag in the basement..they all started screaming!!! and ran off down the hill...always wondered what story they told back in japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dnekro69

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Friend of mine posted this on Facebook recently.
    What's that in the window?

that's the front window you can see straight thru from the back
    was up there the other night and could see a couple standing there looking out over the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

We took a trip up there the other day for somewhere new for our small dog to walk.

She loved walking through the forrest and up the steep trail to the ruins of the hell fire club.

However, when we went to go inside it for a look, she dug all her paws into the ground and had to be dragged. We picked her up and held her to walk up the stairs, as we also noticed there was alot of glass on the ground.

Our normal, placid dog turned into a complete mess. She dug her head into my shoulder, started to shake and whimper. We left the building immediately as I always think animals can sense an awful lot.

I have never seen a dog to run as fast as she did back down the mountain. Something definitely spooked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Damian007

I walk up at night in winter with a head torch and yes it spocky as Hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ghost Team189

I done a couple of investigations up there . Never got much bar a couple of k2 hits and a possible EVP . Does have a spooky feel but I think its more down to who you might bump into when up there . Great view of Dublin tho

Advertisement