Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to hellfire club at night?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

shuffles88 wrote: »
    I heard a story about the area where the Hellfire Club is don't know how true it is but it always gives me the willies, my friends brother in law was writing a story about the Occult and was researching satanic rituals and things of that nature and happened to be talking to a Priest and mentioned what he was doing and asked him if he had any experiences or thoughts on the matter and the Priest said to him "You should never look for the Devil because he'll take that as invitation to find you" and refused to talk anymore on the subject.
    So sometime later the guy (I'll call him John) was driving from the Hellfire Club it was the wee small hours and it was a nice clear night when suddenly a thick fog appeared across the road so John slowed down, not really knowing the roads well he was crawling along when suddenly a figure of a man in a bowler hat appeared running beside the car banging on his window it shouted "Let me in!" "Let me in" "LET ME IN" but something about how the man said it was threatening so spooked by this John sped up as best as he could given the bad conditions and when he looked the man couldn't be seen anymore and within seconds the fog just lifted. Understandably creeped out he was glad to get back into the more built up areas. He came to a stop at a traffic traffic light and just as the light turned green and he started to round the corner he saw sitting on the wall the very same man in the bowler hat who gave him a sly wink and a wave. Within a blink of his eye he was gone.

That was me acting the bollox;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

I heard a story about the area where the Hellfire Club is don't know how true it is but it always gives me the willies, my friends brother in law was writing a story about the Occult and was researching satanic rituals and things of that nature and happened to be talking to a Priest and mentioned what he was doing and asked him if he had any experiences or thoughts on the matter and the Priest said to him "You should never look for the Devil because he'll take that as invitation to find you" and refused to talk anymore on the subject.
    So sometime later the guy (I'll call him John) was driving from the Hellfire Club it was the wee small hours and it was a nice clear night when suddenly a thick fog appeared across the road so John slowed down, not really knowing the roads well he was crawling along when suddenly a figure of a man in a bowler hat appeared running beside the car banging on his window it shouted "Let me in!" "Let me in" "LET ME IN" but something about how the man said it was threatening so spooked by this John sped up as best as he could given the bad conditions and when he looked the man couldn't be seen anymore and within seconds the fog just lifted. Understandably creeped out he was glad to get back into the more built up areas. He came to a stop at a traffic traffic light and just as the light turned green and he started to round the corner he saw sitting on the wall the very same man in the bowler hat who gave him a sly wink and a wave. Within a blink of his eye he was gone.

Hmm... That's a fairly creepy story (if true), it made a shiver run down my spine just there...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gav25

texidub wrote: »
    Yep. Been up there at night. Would agree with the others who said they'd be more afraid of junkies etc.

Some great shots of it here, BTW:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/hf.html

good post, didnt have a clue what the hellfire club was and didn't want to ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

gav25 wrote: »
    good post, didnt have a clue what the hellfire club was and didn't want to ask...

Yeah, interesting the way peopel made the link with old pagan burial site to the divil.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

ah the hellfire club, i'm new to the boards so i'm going back through past threads and expected this to come up once or twice. my own experiences with the place are both good and bad but i'll go with the good first. i started going up to photograph the place at first and really loved the area but i didn't and still don't like the element it attracts - kids drinking and joyriding. myself and some friends have attempted to hold seances there, these were controlled and done by people who knew what they were doing, nothing nasty happened but one of the last times i was up there i was pushed by something ..at first it was gentle and i thought i'd stumbled against someone but i was on my own, it happened again a lil harder and i knew something was up, eventually the 3rd push was so hard it knocked me over and almost broke my camera. i picked up my gear and left but the whole way down the hill i felt something following quickly behind, it was in broad daylight and the carpark was empty. there was no one i could see nor did i meet anyone else up there that day but i could feel something a few steps behind picking up serious speed. after that i never went back alone. there is without a shadow of a doubt some strong energies in the place but i'd be a lot more worried about the kids and junkies that frequent the area, don't ever go up there alone and be wary of where you park your car but go as a group and you should be fine.

3952437199_a272075cd8_z.jpg

pic is one of my own = )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

198838.jpg
    198839.jpg

Now that the weather's improving, (after this cold spell!), any murmerings of a night time ghost hunt up here?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Friend of mine posted this on Facebook recently.
    What's that in the window?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dazzlemoo wrote: »

That's a good one, assuming there is no tomfoolery I wouldn't be able to tell you what it's. It's a bit creepy though.If it were someone's face I'm assuming it would be clearer, the flash and the shutter speed would have picked up a lot more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chap in the bowler hat that "John" wouldnt give a lift to on that foggy night :)

Or more likely, one of your friends friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

I don't get the "chap-in-the-bowlerhat" reference but it's not one of my friends friends.
    This guy is as much as a skeptic as I am and he posted the photo because he really doesn't know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Looks like a guy with a beard and top hat to me. However, the skeptical part of my brain is telling me it's a reflection or some other such distortion. My work monitor isn't marvellous either so that's probably adding to the thing. Could it have been somebody in the house? Do you know if anyone was in there at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

I was up there last weekend, and could not believe how bad the area was. There was broken glass everywhere and I mean everywhere. We had our dogs with us and had to leave immediately.There was also a burnt out motorbike, people were just standing staring at the broken glass/bottles that covered the "field" in front of the house. Last time I'll go up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There was a rave up there last week, piles and piles of scumbags getting locked and off their heads on drugs.
    Not surprised by the state of it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ive no idea how far away the far wall on the inside of the area seen through the window is - but it looks like light reflection off the back wall to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yeah, thats all it is. A reflection of the stonework inside the building.

However.....if you stare for long enough at the stonework on the outside, you can clearly see the face of Satan. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How do you know what he looks like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

The more I look at this the more it turns into a black and white fresian, I presume that is not possible, unless cows can fly, and maybe they can when we're not looking. Can anyone prove otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There are no cows on the top of that hill. At most its sheep up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Riamfada wrote: »
    There are no cows on the top of that hill. At most its sheep up there.

Is there a platform that a sheep could climb onto? It reminds me of a random photo I took into the darkness of the basment of the ruins of an abandoned Church..came back with the image of the skull of a dead sheep, cant find photo at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I'd say the only thing to worry about there is yuppies on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Thanks for the chuckle, shuffles! That has to be the most ridiculous story I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Looks like an angry monkey :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

**** its Pshyco mantis!!!!!

psychomantis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Just reading through this has sent a shiver down my spine - seriously creepy stuff! As with everything else though, nothing is confirmed until there's solid proof..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

iPlop wrote: »
    I've been there many times ,sat on the roof at 3am and looked across Dublin.It's a bit scary alright.
    The last time I was up there was about 10 years ago and the it was a bit strange. Clouds moved in and the whole area was covered in dense fog and out of nowhere a woman walked over to us and asked us which way to lord masseys.

She was hiking by herself at 2am in thick fog:eek: I thought that was strange, everyone to their own I suppose.
    sorry but I think we need to hear more about this lord massey lark. I'm fairly sure he's been dead for quite a while? anything else on the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dani21

i was at the hellfire tonight with a friend but i just cant help but feel weary when im there...vans driving around, guards all over the place...we parked up behind a very very flash beamer thn suddenly a light started bolting towards us down through the trees...obvioulsy someone with a torch..we got out of there quickly then went back but could not conjur up the courage to get out again...i love it there but its weird im going up again next week..i usually go up every couple of weeks...its an eerie place,serves me right for walking through the place at midnight .. still...cant help it!

There's a lot of activity up here today as Gardai are looking for a missing person who's car was found at the gate to Massey's wood last Saturday, please God there will be a positive outcome. I must have counted 20 Gardai this evening searching the woods in Massey's Estate & also the Hell Fire woods up as far as the summit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 mintoffdom

Not only have I been there at night I have spent the night alone there, just for the crack. The scariest part was at dawn when a group of gougers arrived up.

That was a long long time ago.....

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to this little boardsie project?!?

Advertisement