Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a Place / Want a Place

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ionesco

All right, sounds good. Once I hear from you I'll give email and phone details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

Hi, I'm a 19-year-old girl from HongKong who got transferred to UCD Bcomm Stage 2. I will be in Dublin this weekend and am now looking for shared off-campus accommodation.

A house shared with 3 to 4 guys/girls would be just fine. Monthly price preferably under $400. Also the closer to UCD the better.

I like going to parties and then getting to go home to a cosy room and it'll be quiet; so no drunks nor noisemakers.

Any questions or offers pls contact via FB: www.facebook.com/yayveronica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dapperduck

Hey, if there are still a few people interested in house sharing, i'm a first year med student who has ,by now, missed out on campus (about 130 on waiting list). Id be interested in sharing a house with 2-3 other students ,more than likely in the Ranelagh/ Rathmines area, hopefully for around 300-400 a month each. I reckon the signing of the lease etc. could be most democratically determined by a coin toss, if we found a suitable house. If there's anyone interested and available later this week/this weekend to help me view places, please message me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eakj

tebbie wrote: »
    Well i just called about a house, we'd need 5 people. NO ONE would have to share. What's your budget?

could you link me to the house? is it the newly refurnished one at 2500 with 4 single and one double rooms? I am most definately interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 I_ate_pizza

Dapperduck wrote: »
    Hey, if there are still a few people interested in house sharing, i'm a first year med student who has ,by now, missed out on campus (about 130 on waiting list). Id be interested in sharing a house with 2-3 other students ,more than likely in the Ranelagh/ Rathmines area, hopefully for around 300-400 a month each. I reckon the signing of the lease etc. could be most democratically determined by a coin toss, if we found a suitable house. If there's anyone interested and available later this week/this weekend to help me view places, please message me.

I'm definetly interested, I'll arrive on saturday or on sunday. The first 3 days I have a place to stay at and that for 3 days. I'd be glad to go for a viewing then as I plan to view the neighbouring house at that time as well, if this isn't a problem for you , I do understand if it is though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grainne0050

anyone still looking for someone to share a place with????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 QuinnA

Anyone still looking for people to share with???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

I'm definitely still looking... :/

I'm definitely still looking... :/

Same here, although I have to admit that I don't really want to commit myself to one place without viewing them. But than again I don'
    t want to be busy looking at places once I am there.

What do you guys think of the UCD residences? I find them kind of expensive and am not sure wether this is worth it.
    It's all so difficult, I couldn't even register yet and I don't know my way through dublin so I am afraid I will find it hard to go for so many viewings, And I still have to sort out a bank account and a mobile contract, I am starting to get stresses as there is so lottle time. :o

I am as well :( have you found any properties?? I was up yesterday but found nothing good and anywhere we rang was already gone :( I think ill still hold out for campus until after thurs cause im now about 140??? But id be willing to share with other first years if we got good decent place near the college :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

Same here, although I have to admit that I don't really want to commit myself to one place without viewing them. But than again I don'
    t want to be busy looking at places once I am there.

What do you guys think of the UCD residences? I find them kind of expensive and am not sure wether this is worth it.
    It's all so difficult, I couldn't even register yet and I don't know my way through dublin so I am afraid I will find it hard to go for so many viewings, And I still have to sort out a bank account and a mobile contract, I am starting to get stresses as there is so lottle time. :o

I got on campus residences, had to turn them down because all I got offered was catered and that is WAY too expensive. It wasn't worth it at all.
    Don't worry about the bank account & the mobile contract, they won't take long to do AT ALL. If you're lost in Dublin, google maps is your friend.

I got on campus residences, had to turn them down because all I got offered was catered and that is WAY too expensive. It wasn't worth it at all.
    Don't worry about the bank account & the mobile contract, they won't take long to do AT ALL. If you're lost in Dublin, google maps is your friend.

Yeah i just hope it all turns out fine, as long as it doesn't take up too much time. Isn't there a lecture on accomodation during orientation week? (or something like this)
    Here is hoping to find some hang outs at uni or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shiv2011

Hi! I'm a first year physio looking for accomodation, if anyone needs a housemate or to team up and look for a house could ye please pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheDaw

Hey everyone. I'm moving out of a place not too far from UCD.
    Here is the daft posting: http://www.daft.ie/3641653
    That post was by another guy who just moved out so his room is no longer available so I'm trying to get ownership to change it to just my room.
    He assures me UCD is a 10 minute cycle or a 20 minute walk from the house.

If I can't get ownership to update the page, please PM me for further details.

Edit: The room will be free from Evening time on Saturday 10th Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jersey Girl

Single room available 450pm incl utilities in Sandyford, very comfortable house 3 Bed house. Two rooms gone to UCD students (one male, first year, one female, second year), Only 200 metres from Green Luas Line, 47 and 118 Bus routes and direct cycle lane to campus. All mod cons incl washing maching, dryer, dish washer, gas central heating and fully equipped kitchen. PM if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galway_girlie

I'm still looking too.... :confused:

Anyone interested in sharing with me? I'm 24 and studying architecture. I'm looking mainly in the Blackrock area. I'd love to move in with other students..postgrads or mature students if there is a room going in a house? I'd be equally happy to meet up with someone to maybe try rent a 2-bed apt or something?

I'm clean and tidy, work hard but also up for a bit of craic! PM me if you want any more info or if you have a room/want to team up!

Eimear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 snoozypops

Hey,

I'm a 25 year old Postgrad starting in UCD and trying to find a room nearby is proving difficult. Anyone interested in looking for a house? Not interested in a party house, rather somewhere to chill out in.

PM me

Leona

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

hi. im really stuck for a place to live now. i had a place organised on the callary road but shes pulled out on me about an hour ago. i really need a place.single room, booterstown or mt merrion area. if you know anybody that can help please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZDD0505

Hi everyone

Looking for a room or someone to team up.
    Something near UCD Smurfit will be great. Cycling or bus reach is ok too. Blackrock would be perfect.
    Budget is ~350-550e per month.

I'm a graduate student at UCD Smurfit from Moscow Russia.
    21, easygoing male. I am going to concentrate on my studies, but parties never hurt anybody I think.

Any ideas ladies and gents? Please send me a PM as I do not have a local sim yet.

Thanks in advance and cheers
    Denis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

the same as above - 20 years old student looking for accommodation, preferably near ucd...... 350-450 pm. pm me if you have an offer or you r in the same situation. we can work out something togather

• Advertisement

szybki wrote: »
    the same as above - 20 years old student looking for accommodation, preferably near ucd...... 350-450 pm. pm me if you have an offer or you r in the same situation. we can work out something togather

How about this? http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1105709
    We we can find someone extra, says the house is suited for 2-3 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jayiid

Anybody still looking for housemates?

Jayiid wrote: »
    Anybody still looking for housemates?

yep me. Have you got something?:p

ZDD0505 wrote: »
    yep me. Have you got something?:p

not yet but i need to sort something soon,have you managed to find anyone else to share a place? or have you any areas in mind or anything?

not yet but i need to sort something soon,have you managed to find anyone else to share a place? or have you any areas in mind or anything?

Yeah I have to find something soon too. User Szybki a few posts back seems to be in. Doesn't reply to PM though.
    I would like to stay a bit closer to UCD Smurfit, say Blackrock or Stillorgan. Something further is ok for me too as I can take the bus or cycle.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1105709 this looks good for example, we have to make a search!

Yeah I have to find something soon too. User Szybki a few posts back seems to be in. Doesn't reply to PM though.
    I would like to stay a bit closer to UCD Smurfit, say Blackrock or Stillorgan. Something further is ok for me too as I can take the bus or cycle.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1105709 this looks good for example, we have to make a search!

I think i PMed szybki earlier actually. that house only has 2 rooms though? im in DIT but im happy enough to travel to college so those areas suit me fine :) how many people do you hope to share with?

szybki wrote: »

20 year old student looking for accommodation also,trying to get a few people together in a house if you're interested? :D

First year student still looking for a room as near as possible to the college! If anyone is looking for someone to share with pm me :D Thanks :)

I think i PMed szybki earlier actually. that house only has 2 rooms though? im in DIT but im happy enough to travel to college so those areas suit me fine :) how many people do you hope to share with?

Yeah I guess it has 2 rooms.. The description says it will suit 2-3 peeps. Anyway I don't want to stick to that house :)
    We could find something closer to Dublin if that will be better for you! I'm quite flexible on that matter AND on the number of people. Getting more people is more fun I suppose :D Maybe we could meet somewhere to discuss the whole situation and try to find something

• Advertisement

Yeah I guess it has 2 rooms.. The description says it will suit 2-3 peeps. Anyway I don't want to stick to that house :)
    We could find something closer to Dublin if that will be better for you! I'm quite flexible on that matter AND on the number of people. Getting more people is more fun I suppose :D Maybe we could meet somewhere to discuss the whole situation and try to find something

I dont mind really,ive been looking at a few all day but its hard when you dont know how many people theres guna be. i can keep looking and send you some links if you'd like? we should try and get another person or two. can i ask where you're from?

Advertisement