Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a Place / Want a Place

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Martina_420

No problem - if you hear of anyone else at all will you send them this way please? And if they are not happy with the rent etc there are cheaper houses I am looking at. Thank you :) Good luck with collge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eakj

I'm also a first year, doing psychology. I'd love to share house with you, seems like we'd get on really well! (also a girl btw)
    If you have a house I'd be glad to share but I'm only moving over to dublin from munich in about 1,5 weeks so I won't be available for viewings.
    Add me on facebook, I'll send you the link.

Hi there I am a first year in DIT - myself and my boyfriend are looking for a place to live too. Would you guys want to go somewhere in walking distance from ucd or would the likes of Drumcondra be ok?

either walking distance or a direct busroute preferably

Sorry I dont think I will be much help to you. From Drumcondra you would have to get into town and then get a bus out to UCD so it would add 10 minutes onto your journey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 louisemono

I have a house in roebuck castle, clonskeagh beside ucd. Looking for two first year students willing to share a twin room. House is already occupied by 3 other first year students. If anyone is interested, please message back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mahon93

i would DEFINITELY be interested. Me and my friend are both girls. My friend is doing arts and I'm doing business and law.
    Mail me if you want to contact me, I'll throw in my email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 barbaradk

Hi, I'm a first year science student (hoping to do neuroscience) from Belgium looking for people to share a house with close to UCD. I was too late for campus accommodation so I'm urgently trying to find something else. I'm a girl, but willing to share with both guys and girls. PM your Facebook if you're interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 QuinnA

Hello! I am a first year and will be doing Social Science in UCD. Didn't get a room on campus as i left it too late to apply, so am looking for house to share with other first or second year students!! If anyone has room or anything available near the college let me know please! Thanks!!

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 13 koph

Hi

I'm gonna throw myself into the mix as well. I applied for campus accommodation too late so dont think the chances of me getting a place are too likely now...:( so Im looking for somewhere half decent to stay as well. I havent a clue about dublin but want somewhere relatively close to ucd. Please PM me if any of you guys need another room mate

cheers!
    Sophie

• Advertisement

We (me and probably 2 other girls) would like to get this house http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1100094
    it's 2500 a month with 4 singles and one double room. we have to rent it for a year though but could sublet during the summer months.

I suggest that the person that views the house / signs the lease and takes all the responsibility (of course we'd share the security deposit and taking care of the place in practice but someone has to do it officially) pays 500 just like everyone else but gets the double room. I know it sounds a bit strange but I can't really think of any better way to reimburse that person for going to all that trouble and taking the risk of someone not paying rent etc

So, me and one of the other girls don't live in ireland (germany / belgium) and can't really go view or (as this goes together) sign the lease.
    This means if you live anywhere near dublin we would probably ask you to do all that. This is a lot of responsibility and you might want to talk to your parents and take them along with you for that etc.
    I really hope someone is interested and can help us with this :)

(you can also contact me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1321725320)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 I_ate_pizza

Hey guys,

I spontaneously decided to take up my place this year and to not defer.
    So here I am looking for a place:
    I am a 18 year old german girl that is hoping to get a room as soons as possible. I won't be available for viewing and any such kind of things as I live in Germany
    I'd be very thankful if you could just PM me if you are looking for a room mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

any of ye thinking they will still send out more offers to waitlisted people? curious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n5ryan5

hi im a guy who is going into first year in ucd. im looking for other first years to live with too because im fairly high in h=the waiting list. have you a house picked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n5ryan5

its off the website. are there any spots still available? im nick, from tipperary and ill be studying agricultural science

I' actually be up for a house sharing aswell, but I got to admit that 500 a month is to much imo

why dont one of us find a house and share it with whos stuck on here? ive looked everywhere and cant find anything so if anyone else does and needs a room filled please let me know. pm me r something :D

Ackc wrote: »
    why dont one of us find a house and share it with whos stuck on here? ive looked everywhere and cant find anything so if anyone else does and needs a room filled please let me know. pm me r something :D

It's probably the best idea. I am flicking through daft.ie and think it'll bebest if I post what i find suitable within a certain price range and hope others agree :D

It's probably the best idea. I am flicking through daft.ie and think it'll bebest if I post what i find suitable within a certain price range and hope others agree :D

yeh do, a lot of places on there are already booked up, chances are you'll have to ring them to see, ive already rang like 10 places and they all booked up.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1068844

anyone be interested in sharing this? if we found 6 people it would be 450 p/m. just curius how much people i could find for something like this.

• Advertisement

Ackc wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1068844

anyone be interested in sharing this? if we found 6 people it would be 450 p/m. just curius how much people i could find for something like this.

would we split the rent differently for the single / twin rooms?
    I'm in if I can have one of the single rooms and I'd pay a bit more than 450 as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Catand

Hey :D just wondering if anyone is interested in sharing this house?...i need one person..maybe two?...depends if another person gets student campus. Im doing arts in ucd :D...it works out at approx. 366 a month..but then plus bills?...and we'd need to get a bus to ucd because i think its like 4km which might be too far for walking :)..if anyone is interested will they pm me as soon as ye can..we're going up tomorrow to look at it :D

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1103130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ionesco

Hi there,

I'm also looking for a place to stay. If possible a house to share with some people. My budget is 300-500 a month. I might be able to swing slightly more.

Will be doing an access course. And hopefully working part time.

Send me a PM and I'll get back to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

eakj wrote: »
    would we split the rent differently for the single / twin rooms?
    I'm in if I can have one of the single rooms and I'd pay a bit more than 450 as well

I'm in for it as well, if I can have a single room :P No problem with paying more for a single room either. Bills shared equally? Only problem with this house is the 12 month lease. I'd be gone after 9. Any chance of subletting it?

i actually fund a diff place with other people now sorry. wouldnt have found enough people to take the twin rooms

Who's left that still needs a place now then?

I'm still looking as well, although tbh I would rather not have to share a room, so I think I am out..

Ionesco wrote: »
    I'm still looking as well, although tbh I would rather not have to share a room, so I think I am out..

Well i just called about a house, we'd need 5 people. NO ONE would have to share. What's your budget?

max is about 500. I could possibly swing 600.

• Advertisement

This place would be 500 a month NOT including utilities. Gonna pm you.

Advertisement